Bummer's Art Shack

Even though Blaziken is my favourite starter, I always thought there was still room in the series for a fully evolved chicken 'mon that actually looks like a chicken. I love these so much, especially the plump mother hen, aaaahh. I do think that the chick design could be developed a bit more, though.

From issue 42, the Marowak ghost reminds me of something Sephirona would do.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I like them, the chick and the hen are cute, while the rooster looks aggressive -- basically like all chickens I've ever known.

The hen just screams defensive cleric to me; it looks like it would learn Soft-Boiled and Heal Bell.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
today's daily draw challenge was to revisit some of your old drawings, so I took the opportunity to revamp my rock/ghost fakemon

the theme of egyptian monuments felt like a better route to take, trying to make a good pot family line ended up less than satisfactory. It is, however, a very simple design by modern standards, and the ghost typing isn't that prevalent either (a color job may fix that, hue), but if Golurk can pull that off then so can this imo.

I do think that the chick design could be developed a bit more, though.
It's the one I finished last, so it could definitely need more polish and details. I attempted to add some sort of diaper, but heh. I'll see what I can do when I get around coloring it.

The hen just screams defensive cleric to me; it looks like it would learn Soft-Boiled and Heal Bell.
Oh, definitely.

Interesting designs here! I really like the chickens it's an interesting gender based split evo yet so obvious, (the clothing is a great touch too) in my opinion the hen could be fairy since the two types contrast and it does seen somewhat fairyish but meh. As for the Egyptian ones I like the simple yet interesting aesthetic, perhaps if you're going for more 'ghost' you could have spirity looking smoke coming out of the gaps? just a thought, anyway love the art great job!!!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Bug/Grass evo line I've wanted to make for quite some time. The base stage could use some more work or even a complete redo if I want to close the gap appearance wise, but since it uses palm resources to make the cocoon, it doesn't really NEED to have them. But I guess I could replace its 'brows' with leaves, but it's late atm = 3=

Haven't decided on any names for the first and last stage, second one will be named Cocoonut.

Interesting designs here! I really like the chickens it's an interesting gender based split evo yet so obvious, (the clothing is a great touch too) in my opinion the hen could be fairy since the two types contrast and it does seen somewhat fairyish but meh.
Thanks! Fairy would be a fitting type to put on it, so I'll be open to that suggestions, although I would somewhat like to keep the base stage's Normal typing in some sense among its final evolutions. Heck, the hen might even work as Normal/Fairy.

The rooster looks like it could be a decent physical sweeper with decent bulk, unlike the frail Hawlucha. It doesn't seem to need Special Attack, while the hen doesn't need offensive presence, but probably has slightly higher Attack than Special Attack, right? I'm just suggesting these stats spontaneously.

Love the name "Cocoonut," as well as the designs. Nothing more to say.

Cocoonut, pure bloody genius! XD anyway these look really cool, I'm quite fond of the prevo but I agree that it doesn't blend with the other two much, also name suggestion for the last one could be Palmoth?

i am so here for that raikou, the colouring and lighting on that is just perfect! i also love that LC art you did. all you drawings have so much character, i strive for that in my own art!

The "Recently in Tournaments" picture literally had me laughing for five minutes straight; I wonder what the dialogue between them would be.

Tangrowth's Tangrowthite is reacting to Bummer's Mega Palette!
Tangrowth has Mega Evolved into Flying Spaghetti Monster!

edit: I actually have a commission idea coming up, I'll edit this after I get the details together about it.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
I used to sketch on paper, scanning it, and then trace the outlines digitally. Now I sketch on the computer, so I rarely do traditional anymore. That crayon drawing was the first one since.......... let's just say a while.

Actually, I won't edit my previous post, since it won't cause an alert.

Basically, I'm creating a Force of Nature-style RMT, and I want the introduction picture to be unique; your specific artstyle would seem to fit in it, which is why I came to you.

So for the actual commission: A picture showcasing Mega Gallade, Bisharp, Raikou, Azumarill, Garchomp, and Latias. Since the RMT is focusing on GalladeSharp, those should be the focus of the picture. I'll leave everything else up to you.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
I'll leave everything else up to you.
Excellent. I'll begin by saying that I only do personal requests for close friends and people I owe favors, thus I'm afraid that I'll have to deny your request. Also note that I call it a request and not a commission since you don't seem to offer any monetary reward for completing it (I'd deny that too, but still). But thanks for considering me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)