Bummer's Art Shack

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
alright so fleshing this idea out a little more
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Vitamin
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Herbal_medicine

I like the idea of a trainer feeding a pokemon ridiculous amounts of medicine or vitamins then having the pokemon suffer withdrawal symptoms (using withdraw I guess). This is especially interesting because you can find some of this stuff just lying on the ground.
Would you snort energy powder that you just found lying around on the ground?!

This could also explain the whole happiness being lowered effect and stuff.

Also the final panel should probably be squirtle (or whatever other pokemon) hiding within it's shell, with bloodshot, baggy eyes, looking super scared or upset or whatever.
As much of a pun that is, I believe it's for the best to cut out Withdraw entirely. Getting addicted to herbs and vitamins, while at the same time becoming hostile and overconfident against the trainer, sounds like a better angle.

Edit: Oh right forgot I had an image to post:

My fire starter, based on the tiger (because electabuzz and raikou aren't enough). Making it look pokemon-esque is probably my biggest issue with these species. Or making them connected to fire and electricity overall besides the color palette and fur pattern. Also I now hate drawing cats.

Could you make a joke involving the "magical" magma cookies that the old lady from ruby/sapphire sells? A cookie costing 100 dollars must be very... potent.

Either that or a mario/zelda cross-reference with the magic whistle/ocarina of time being confused with one of the flutes.

SE was a good comic when it started but... that guy... he just never keeps up. I still check in on his site every once in a while, but I really could care less if he seriously is going to take 3 months to update.

That tiger fire starter... I don't wanna sound negative, because its awesome. But it doesn't seem pokemonish to me. There is no feeling of fire coming from him at all. Aside from being orange. Maybe if it was a lion/tiger mix by its final form, and its mane was made of fire? Just a suggestion.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here is the final poll. Wyv did some artwork of it, but that was the original. Cool comic, keep it up.
This makes sense as that is the first image I saw of it. Origin solved!

Could you make a joke involving the "magical" magma cookies that the old lady from ruby/sapphire sells? A cookie costing 100 dollars must be very... potent.
I'm pretty sure that the pokedollars aren't as valuable as actual dollars. The "free healthcare, 350 dollar lemonade" joke has been done before on that subject, and I doubt I can make a strip centering around the lava cookie alone.

Either that or a mario/zelda cross-reference with the magic whistle/ocarina of time being confused with one of the flutes.
Pass.

That tiger fire starter... I don't wanna sound negative, because its awesome. But it doesn't seem pokemonish to me.
My brothers (and therefore local art critics) have already made me aware of it. Which isn't that odd seeing as I myself found it bothersome to convert such a highly complex animal as a tiger into a more simple monster wielding flames and thunder. The grass and water starters are what I was most motivated and confident about, but the only thing I was sure of with the fire one was its types and animal to be based on. Thus, the end result became pretty half-assed.

If anything, I hope that other people seeing it would either be amazed, or get the reaction "pffft I can make a better one". If the latter, that would be great, because I really do like the thought of a tiger starter with said typing.

There is no feeling of fire coming from him at all. Aside from being orange.
Yup. Although other species such as Arcanine, Ninetales and Houndoom doesn't seem to suffer from it, but I guess it's a different case with fire starters. So if I had to include some fire, I guess I could set fire to either his tail, thighs or whiskers.

Some flame additions seem rather weak though. Just take the Gen V starter as example, let's put his shoulders on fire.

Maybe if it was a lion/tiger mix by its final form, and its mane was made of fire? Just a suggestion.
My very first thoughts about fake starters included a lion with a firemane, yes, but that would have either made him pure-type or dark if I got to choose, but the tiger worked better by being electric. And thereby bringing some serious competition to the water starter.

You don't think I knew that? Besides, how does that explain everything else in there? And the bike alone would occupy your whole bag anyways. Jeez, take a soposatory man.
Uh sorry I was actually making a sarcastic joke referencing exactly this point.
Text just doesn't get the job done sometimes...
There needs to be something like bold or italics which indicates sarcasm or things along those lines...

Your comics are epic rofl worthy

Has somebody done a strip about how Bugsy looks like a girl yet is a male? ("The League wanted there to be more balanced ratio between the genders.")
btw as of Black and White, if one counts every gym leader once - including each individual that appears once: Koga, Janine, Giovanni, Blue, Wallace, and Juan; and the "multiple" gym leaders: Tate, Liza, Poddo, Dento, Koon, Shaga, and Iris; there is a total of 46 leaders with a 28-19 split in favor of male gym leaders (or if one discounts Koga, Giovanni, and Wallace; a 25-19 split)

Or how in GSC/ HGSS how in Violet City and Goldenrod City somebody trades you a Pokemon with a type that's specifically strong against the gym leader's type? ("How did he get a Machop?! They aren't found around here! Only Heracross are available! That's why my Miltank has Rollout!")

Really fun designs, Bummer. Can I guess at Grass/Rock, Water/Fighting, Fire/Beastly ?

I don't remember if I luv'd this thread, but I will on the way out!

dude those fakemon are amazing. i especially love the water+grass ones because well dinosaurs are awesome, and i love the little happy face on the octopus tehe.

consider yourself luvdisc'd.

Awesome comics! c: So funny.

Just a suggestion for a comic:
Have you ever noticed how, in the pokemon games, you are the only one in the whole game with a bed? Everyone else just walks around like mindless zombies all night and day.

And, how you can barge into anyone's house, at ANY time? xD

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Awesome comics! c: So funny.

And, how you can barge into anyone's house, at ANY time? xD
I might use that. Planning to make some updates like KC Green where several smaller strips makes for one larger strip.

also new comic woooo haaaaaaa

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I might use that. Planning to make some updates like KC Green where several smaller strips makes for one larger strip.

also new comic woooo haaaaaaa

Well executed, sir. Last Panel made me laugh.

Anyways, I have an idea if you want to do it, you know the one thing that's weird is the fact that a fainted Pokemon can still cut down trees, push boulders, fly, etc. So a comic where the trainer gets a fainted Pokemon to do a HM Slave task would be nice. Just a suggestion.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Anyways, I have an idea if you want to do it, you know the one thing that's weird is the fact that a fainted Pokemon can still cut down trees, push boulders, fly, etc. So a comic where the trainer gets a fainted Pokemon to do a HM Slave task would be nice. Just a suggestion.
This is a great idea. However, they've already been done by JHall over at dA (HM06 was even dedicated to me), so instead of doing my own take on them I'll just link all of them here:

Cut / Fly / Surf / Strength / Flash / Rock Smash

Check out the rest of his stuff while you're at it. I don't know if he has a website to call his own just yet, but his dA alone makes him a notority in Pokemon entertainment.

this page is a perfect example of why you shouldn't quote images. ~_~

did i mention that i love the kyogre comic? because i love the kyogre comic. also the room-mate is pretty stupid; he could be making a fortune selling berries that he doesn't even need to water! think of the profit!

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And being a Smogoner, I'm certain that the joke got through safely. The general pokemon gamer is surprisingly uninterested in natures, so for being a first strip I was a bit worried that few people would get it.

Thanks for the quick feedback, everyone!
God damn it, I almost had milk go out my nose

Just the right amount of "derp"

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Umbreon has a lot of potential for some comedy moments:

Heart Gold dex entry: When agitated, this Pokémon protects itself by spraying poisonous sweat from its pores.

Soul Silver entry: When darkness falls, the rings on the body begin to glow, striking fear in the hearts of anyone nearby.

Ruby/Sapphire entry: Umbreon evolved as a result of exposure to the moon’s waves. It hides silently in darkness and waits for its foes to make a move. The rings on its body glow when it leaps to attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)