Bummer's Art Shack

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
make one with a porygon getting infected with a virus
Isn't that what happens when you trade him with a dubious disc? Or are you referring to the Pokérus? Or rather, would that make him evolve into something else (in both scenarios)?

This is just myself brainstorming. I feel that this is a good platform, but I have no idea where to jump.

I just wanted to let you know, the comic you have about alakazam learning a 5th move made it on the 'Funny Pics' app for iPhones and iPod Touches. This is the most downloaded funny picture app on the app store, so congratulations to you!
Jawesome.

-Headbutting trees in search of small insects/birds
Panel 1-2: Headbutting tree, get Caterpie.
Panel 3-4: Headbutting another, squashed by fallen Heracross chased by angry Abomasnow.

-Digging your way out of a large cave-- escape rope too
Yeah I've never really gotten the mechanics of the escape rope. Looks like a rope, feels like a rope, smells like a rope, but acts like a teleportation device. Ridiculous.

-Spraying "Parlyz Heal" on a Pokemon to instantly remove a debilitating injury
Through a series of random and somewhat reasonable events, this made me think of Regice taking a shower and mistaking the shampoo for an Ice Heal, melting as a result.

-Gengar having Levitate despite the fact that it doesn't seem to hover
Not to mention Flygon. Despite it having WINGS. And FLY being part of its name.

-Resurrecting fossils (just walk out of the building and go back in-- suddenly, your fossil is ready. Also, the fact that fossils can be resurrected in the first place)
Done before!

i mean, well u see, porygon, as u probably know, is a digital pokemon. and in a deleted episode, one goes into the internet, accidentally sending ash and pikachu on a cyber chase. (it waas never brought to the US because, when it premiered in japan, pikachus thunderbolt and one of porygons attacks collided, it caused a flash of pink and blue that caused more than 700 kids to have seizures) anyway, aside from that fun fact, what if, while in the net, porygon got a virus that changed his appearence, like, make him polkadotted or something?

and whats the pokerus?

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

No comic this week!

what if, while in the net, porygon got a virus that changed his appearence, like, make him polkadotted or something?
Generally, if I have to do add "or something" to any comic idea, then that's usually a sign the idea needs further work and polish. It's not a bad idea, but it's not something I want to pursuit at this time.

I can, however, give you a polkadotted Porygon.

Enjoy.

i had an idea for an entire strip. it starts with a battle between machamp and gardevoir.

the first panel is pretty standard.
Gardevior used attract! Machamp is in love with the foe's gardevoir!

the next panel parodies the reveal of the crying game
Machamp is confused!

The next panel shows machamp doing some sort of self destructive activity
Machamp hurt itself in it's confusion!

I'm sorry if that was too specific, but it kind of sprung fully formed into my head.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Nnnnnnnnew strip.

The second iteration of the debate approach, perfect for mashing several smaller ideas into one strip. I initially thought of using a Gardevoir with a stubble in the last panel, but the thought of a Misdreavus with a mustache was too good to pass up.

Also, RCT is now on Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter. Spread the good word.

please make reference to some capmons if you don't mind!!
There was one strip idea where I wanted to make fun of Watchog, where I'd use two fakemons in the first two panels which would be rejected by the chairman/staff. Recommend me what capmons are most associated with smogon and I might give the comic a second chance!

This concept is hilarious. Roll with it.
It is the next strip in production. Booyah.

You should do a strip about rare candies.
I'm a bit sceptical to the idea of making jokes about stuff directly rerferring to the name of the comic. Like some sort of tabu that should not be crossed, tempered with or in any way violated.

But that's just me.

i had an idea for an entire strip. it starts with a battle between machamp and gardevoir.

the first panel is pretty standard.
Gardevior used attract! Machamp is in love with the foe's gardevoir!

the next panel parodies the reveal of the crying game
Machamp is confused!

The next panel shows machamp doing some sort of self destructive activity
Machamp hurt itself in it's confusion!
While I do like every opportunity to refer to the crying game, I don't feel anything about this idea. I get where you're trying to go, but I get no mental spark.

The graph really made me lol and the new comic is really good as well. Can't wait for the next comic, keep up the good work.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There's a spelling error in the new comic... panel 3.

"Are your products really as hidden a they claim to be?"

I love it though.

There was one strip idea where I wanted to make fun of Watchog, where I'd use two fakemons in the first two panels which would be rejected by the chairman/staff. Recommend me what capmons are most associated with smogon and I might give the comic a second chance!
To be honest, all of them, but Colossoil seems to be the most popular outside of Smogon.

Great work, by the way.

LOL I LOVETHE " Mr. dreavous"
Can u make a sprite of that?

also, how come whenever u quote someone it says "Originally posted by fat (yur name here)"?
why the fat?

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Out of the CaP 'mons with names that don't turn up a load of irrelevant stuff, Pyroak and Revenankh seem to be turning up the most real links, with Colo returning less than all but Krill. Still, Colo is pretty awesome. You've gotta have 'oak in there at least, who could say no to:

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Out of the CaP 'mons with names that don't turn up a load of irrelevant stuff, Pyroak and Revenankh seem to be turning up the most real links, with Colo returning less than all but Krill. Still, Colo is pretty awesome. You've gotta have 'oak in there at least, who could say no to:
Who indeed?

Maybe a picture of some Smogon person raging about how a frikkin' flaming oak that looks like a Greek god didn't get into the game, but a little sissy dog got in.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
The new comic is amazing!

(But what happened to the one about the eggs?)
The what now?

There's a spelling error in the new comic... panel 3.

"Are your products really as hidden a they claim to be?"

I love it though.
Son of a-

Fixed it.

To be honest, all of them, but Colossoil seems to be the most popular outside of Smogon.
Coolios. I made a quick google and came across all of the ones that seem to be . . . . . "official", at the lack of a better word, so I might pick Collosoil and Pyroak unless I change my mind for whatever reason.

LOL I LOVETHE " Mr. dreavous"
Can u make a sprite of that?
No. I can't do sprites.

Red

Oh my gosh.... I rofl'd at ALL of your Comics! Its amazing! :)
You have originality, and a Cynical yet oprimistic sense of humor! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)