Mighty Mask

Banned deucer.

We're building it up
To break it back down
We're building it up
To burn it down
We can't wait
To burn it to the ground

Hello Smogon and welcome to my RMT! Due to the huge and unexpected popularity of the team that I have used to once again dominate the internet Pokemon ladder, I decided to make a Rate My Team of one of my best ever teams, for the Smogon Doubles OU ruleset. I used it to get #1 in the glorious Pokemon Showdown Ladder, win some internet latin american forum tournaments and beat Cased Victory in the smogtours server. The theme of this RMT was inspired in Linkin Park, a Rock band me and my friends BKC, CrashinBoomBang, McMeghan, CTC, TDK, Omfuga (Reese Wood), gr8astard (Hugo?), Tele (telegend) and Ciele (mascot) used to play in before we realized that our real dream was becoming pokemon masters, so we could be ladder heroes and crush children's dreams over the internet.

I wanted to build something solid that fit my aggresive playstyle but the team should also have good defensive switches, so I ended up with this team here. During my ladder run people have asked me where the creativity to come up with this innovative metagame shifter squad by myself, so I will try to explain the mastermind's thoughts during this read. Enough talk, lets get it started and I hope you like it!

First came the idea of totally shifting the metagame with Mega Kangaskhan, which is a Pokemon me and my friend Hugo thought was underated and not much used in the format. Then I put the Landorus-T to help with Intimidate shuffle and cover the weakness from Fighting-type moves. Then I decided to put the team the Thundurus-I, which offers an excellent Speed Control with Thunder Wave, has Taunt to destabilize Pokémon as Amoonguss, Aegislash and Sableye (which are problematic for the other two) and creates the combo Hugo and I decided to call "The Double Genies" (Landorus + Thundurus-I), which since I started using I noticed its popularity increased a lot.

As mandatory Steel-type should I choose to Heatran, Aegislash and Bisharp. As I did not want a Pokémon that much dependeds a lot on 50/50, I thought I'd use the Heatran, which helps the team with Ice-type resist and Fire-type immunity. Since I wanted to run Kangaskhan with Return, Power-up Punch, Sucker Punch and Protect, I would need redirection for it to work properly. My options were Clefable, Clefairy, Jirachi, Mew and Amoonguss basically. In the end I opted for Amoonguss because in Smogon Doubles Sleep Clause does not exist, so it can keep clicking Spore while Kangaskhan kills everything. Finally, to literally "click Hyper Voice" I finished the team putting the Sylveon, which has an excellent presence both offensive and defensive, adds a Dark-type resist to the team and helps against threats like Hydreigon and Kyurem-B.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy | Parental Bond
Efforts: 192 HP / 196 Atk / 120 Spe
Nature: Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)

Moves:
Return
Power-up Punch
Sucker Punch
Protect

The goal of this moveset I created myself is to hold a few hits, get +2 with Power Punch-up in the late game when everything is paralyzed or intimidated and either win the game or open space for other pokemons to finish the match. Sucker Punch was chosen because it priority and Return is its best STAB for this moveset. Protect is needed to make it last longer. Scrappy is better than Inner Focus as I dont have Fake Out in this moveset, but it is not really important. Its Speed allows it to outspeed stuff like Jolly Breloom and some Thundurus-I. I think my EVs are fine and I like it this way. Shoutouts Hugo.

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Efforts: 136 HP / 176 Atk / 100 Def / 96 Spe
Nature: Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)

Moves
Earthquake
Superpower
Rock Slide
U-turn

The job of Landorus-T is to intimidate some annoying stuff during the game, absorb most physical blows, scout some movesets, gain momentum with u-turn and perform some Revenge Kill. Choice Scarf was chosen to outspeed stuff. Ive tried different movesets here (like Choice Band and Assault Vest), but they were proven to be worse. Basically this Speed allows it to outspeed stuff like max Thundurus-I, Starmie and Raikou, and I dont care about outspeeding other stuff because if people use stuff like Weavile, Jolteon or Aerodactyl they are bad and will lose regardless. The bulky allows it to survive stuff like Adamant Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge and Hidden Power Ice from Thundurus-I. I dont like Explosion in this moveset and I think these EVs are fine. Shoutouts Hugo.

Thundurus-I @ Sitrus berry
Ability: Prankster
Efforts: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Nature: Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

Moves:
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Taunt
Protect

The job of this moveset I created is to beat shift the metagame, stopping rain teams, spamming Thunder Wave and using Taunt to shut down annoying stuff like Amoonguss, Aegislash, Jirachi and Sableye. Thunderbolt is obviously needed because it is stab. Sitrus Berry is the standard item for bulky Thundurus, making it last longer. This pokemon has the important role of creating Speed Control while spamming Thunder Wave, helping a lot Mega Kangaskhan and Sylveon.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Efforts: 252 HP / 32 Def / 184 SpA / 32 SpD / 8 Spe
Nature: Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)

Moves:
Overheat
Earth Power
Flash Cannon
Protect

Its job is stopping Sun teams and stuff like Talonflame, Aegislash and Amoonguss, making Kangaskhan`s job easier. Overheat is nice to one shot Amoonguss and Aegislash, Earth Power hits other Heatran (which is nice for Amoonguss) and Flash Cannon is a nice coverage to hit Fairy-types and Dragon-types, basically. Shuca Berry was the chosen item because it allows it to perform well in the Heatran war and easily survive Earthquake from Landorus-T.

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Efforts: EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Nature: Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Speed)

Moves:
Giga Drain
Spore
Rage Powder
Protect

Its job is to put things to sleep and protect other team members with Rage Powder. Giga Drain is STAB and nice to hit Bulky Waters and recover a bit of health. Amoonguss is really important to create mindgames with Spore/Rage Powder and offering Redirection to protect mainly Mega Kangaskhan and Heatran from dangerous moves.

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Efforts: 252 HP / 56 Def / 196 SpA / 4 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

Moves
Hyper Voice
Hidden Power [Ground]
Hyper Beam
Protect

Its job is literally clicking Hyper Voice in the early or mid game. While Hidden Power Ground is useful against Heatran and Aegislash, Hyper Beam is good to OHKO some problematic pokemon. I've tried Calm Mind and Moonblast in the slot of Hyper Beam, but I didnt really like them. The EVs are pretty standard, allowing it to tank attacks and hit back.​

Cresselia with Calm Mind (specially with Rocky Helmet) can be annoying.

+

Jirachi with Safety Goggles + Belly Drum Azumarill is probably the worst matchup this team can face, specially with Fake Out support. Suspect Jirachi imo.

Playing Mirror Match:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-doublesou-112477

Playing against Mega Diancie:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-doublesou-112040
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-doublesou-111786

Playing against Trick Room:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-315456200

Pai Braz Santo Antonio comeback:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-315244793

Thanks for those who have read this far, and I hope you could understand how the mind of a genius metagame shifter works. Being a very powerful team, these pokemon work great on the Smogon Doubles OU metagame. Feel free to use it in any tournaments and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I liked to use. Until the next "Rate My Team"! Shoutouts Hugo.

Shoutouts Hugo.
Tamahome HANTSUKI KratosMana Destiny Device papai noel GOAO. Diogo radianthero156 Yes. Eternal Spirit Hec Tatsuma Rewer LJDarkrai Posho Imanalt macle Arcticblast (my master) kingofmars (my master) Biosci (my apprentice) KyleCole (my apprentice) Stratos (my apprentice) Mizuhime (my gf) TDK BKC dice CasedVictory (banned deucer) Somalia (banned deucer)

Bowser (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 192 HP / 196 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Reepor (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 136 HP / 176 Atk / 100 Def / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Bird Jesus (Thundurus) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Protect

Rhynotam (Heatran) (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 184 SpA / 32 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Roremoide (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Antedegmon (Sylveon) (M) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 196 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hyper Beam
- Protect

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey bud I myself use almost the same team so kudos about it, there's not much wrong about it.
Its like super standard, but just a thing, i feel fake out always provides much more utility specially against TRs, inside which calm mind cress becomes much big a threat. That's all gl

thinkin

Banned deucer.
................................how dare you shit on such a beautiful team with a linkin park song KillianVGC rude
arctic the world champ used cress over sylv
specs sylveon is the original and better
its supposed to be subtran thats the main idea for the team lmao,
fast flash cannon thudy is a must. also where is googles
take a lord team and make it shit lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)