1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Burning Ambitions [Peaked #29]

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by scotti, Jul 23, 2013.

1. scotti

scotti

[​IMG]
    CHANGES IN BOLD
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    INTRODUCTION
    Well i had a big intro wrote, but my screen went back for some reason, so i might as well try this again. Hello everyone this is Scotti and this is probably my greatest team i ever made. First off i hope you liked the banner i created. I was using the program called GIMP which help you make really good banners and logos and such. Next you some of you don't believe my peak you can see it after the introduction. Anyway i was inspired to make this team out of curiosity. Well i found that curiosity when i was browsing through the Rmt Archives and i found the Sun Team made by Lavos Spawn using a great trapping core composed of Genesect, Victini, Xatu, and Dugtrio. It was a great team you could say, but there was one problem. Genesect is now banned, so that got my hopes down of trying to create and new and effective trapping core using genesect. Well i still decided to make a sun team though, but i wanted to be a little more creative. When i mean creative and effective i don't mean just changing the chlorophyll user, because Venusaur is such a monster. I mean finding a new Genesect. I named it Genesect 2.0, not really i named her wendy, but the pokemon name is Azelf. It can carry almost the same coverage, and can also run a physically based choice scarf and a specially based choice scarf. I choose the special one because i can hit threats harder that way. It seemed really good. It was like Genesect, but slightly weaker thanks to no download boost and worse typing and bulk. That may seem alot weaker, but in return we get a blistering 115 base speed stat outspeeding some of the fastest threats in OU named Lati@s, Terrakion, Keldeo, Garchomp, Gengar, Starmie, and anything thats slower than them. It is also faster than Tornadus though my EV spread is slower than max speed Tornadus because he is very uncommon. Anyway i should move on and show you my ladder peak now.​
    POKEMON SHOWDOWN NAME SCOTTI-SAN

[​IMG]
    TEAM BUILDING
    Okay it is now for the Teambuilding process. I am going to skip alot of it just saying. And just make it super short because i am very lazy.​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    You got your normal sun team pokemon that you see on most sun teams. Woo nothing special, but it does get work done.​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Then you got Dugtrio you TTar killer, Heatran destroyer, or just defeats anything that it is hit SE by Earthquake. What a great pokemon indeed.​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Then you got that floating fairy thing Azelf that compliments Dugtrio by U-Turning on TTar which makes and easy trap for Dugtrio. It also can U-Turn out of Air Balloon Ninetales or Heatran and bust there Balloon while going to Dugtrio for that kill.​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Then you got that Heatran another part of my trapping core. Heatrans job is to trap Politoad with Magma Storm use Sunny Day and Kill it with Solarbeam. The Same thing can work for Tyranitar, Hippowdon, and Ninetales who can die from Earth Power after getting trapped.​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Finally you have Jirachi the last of my trapping core. I choose Jirachi because it has U-Turn can revenge kill alot of threats. Can beat the CRAP out of Latios, which is great for my team. Also it is just great on its own against alot of threats. Anyway on to the Analysis.​
    ANALYSIS
    [​IMG]
    ~Rayleigh (Scizor) @ Choice Band​
    Trait: Technician​
    EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SpD
    Adamant Nature​
    - Bullet Punch​
    - U-turn​
    - Superpower​
    - Pursuit​
    Ok, so with my newest edition Scizor i needed to rename it since it looked nothing like a Lucy it looked more like an Rayleigh. To all you One Piece fans out there who doesn't want to be the first mate of the pirate king. Also Scizor looks pretty cool and he is strong, so you know he has to be a cool and strong looking guy. Anyway enough with Scizor awesome name why don't we get into more detail.​
    Well i really didn't know what to do with the EV Spread, so i used the one pokemon showdown gave you after you picked your item and moves, so yeah i just went with what they gave me. Anyway i choose Choice Band because i needed a strong revenger killer and something to hit Dragonite if i don't have stealth rock on the field. He also allows me to defeat other Venusaur and Stoutland who can cause alot of damage to this team. Well thats all I have for that lets just move on to the moveset.​
    Ok i choose Bullet Punch, so i can revenge kill alot of annoying threats to this team. It also breaks Dragonite Multiscale if rocks are not up which really makes defeating that thing alot easier. Bullet Punch is also just great in general if i want to do some strong fast damage. Oh and it helps against Mamoswine who tend to be well annoying because of Ice Shard against Venusaur and how it hits a lot of my pokemon for SE damage. U-Turn allows Scizor to help my trapping core by U-Turning out of danger. It works well with Dugtrio because usually Magnezone and Heatran like to switch into Scizor, so i can U-Turn out to Dugtrio to trap Magnezone or Heatran and defeat them which works most of the time. Also if i run into random Cresselias then Scizor can go and get some work done, by severely damaging Cress. Next i have Superpower which allows me to catch Heatran on the switch and defeat it. It also allows me to catch Magnezone with out Dugtrio help. Another thing i can do is defeat Ferrothorn which is not anything major because this is a sun team full of fire attack, but it does help at times. Finally we have Pursuit which i really love. With this i can catch those annoying Lati@s and defeat them. Though i have to watch of Hp Fire it helps in the long run and makes this team alot better,(Mostly with those 2 out of the way).​
    [​IMG]
    ~Vis (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon​
    Trait: Flash Fire​
    Shiny: Yes​
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP​
    Timid Nature​
    - Magma Storm​
    - SolarBeam​
    - Sunny Day​
    - Earth Power / Taunt​
    Because i couldn't find a Heatran Gif i will show you that picture and you will read it. That why i love Heatran its Heat is friendly to the enviornment and i don't pay those annoying utility fees. LOL anyway i named it Vis because i really don't know. Well actually i had a named for it, but then i tried Victini in its spot and i named Victini Vis because it has a gigantic V-Shaped head, so yea i just kept the name on Heatran, because i actually like the name. Anyway enough with how Heatran's heat is friendly to the environment even though utility fees are more important.​
    Okay now the EV's and Moveset analysis. Well i can't say anything about the Ev's since they are just normal, but the item the same thing lol it allows Heatran to avoid capture from Dugtrio and ground moves. Shed Shell might be better some will say, but Air Balloon allows me to wall Hippowdon like there is not tomorrow. I decided on this set after some snooping on smogons Heatran analysis it seems viable and let me tell you best Heatran set ever created. I would like to thank whoever made that sexy set because i am owning all those weather pokemon. Though at the same time i came up with something, but don't laugh. I would show you l8tr, but i don't feel like it so i will put it at the end of the RMT. Anyway lets get on to the move set analysis.​
    Magma Storm is the crux of this set. It allows Heatran to trap all weather pokemon and defeat them. Though with Tyranitar since i am scared of Superpower i use Magma Storm and change to Dugtrio, so they can't escape no matter what. On the other ones i trap them change the Weather to Sunny Day or in Hippowdons case just use to magma storms. The only downside of this move is that it misses alot anf have little PP. Solarbeam is, so i can beat the weather pokemon named Politoad, Tyranitar, and Hippowdon it is pretty easy to defeat them with Solarbeam once they get trapped. Solarbeam really is a great move in sun. Next we have Sunny Day, it allows us to change the weather after i trap the weather pokemon making it easier to win the weather war. It is also nice if Ninetales die earlier on in the game which shouldn't be happening, i can still get sunny day up and sweep with Venusaur. Finally Earth Power. On the smogon analysis it was Earth Power or Hp Ice. I choose Earth Power because it allows me to hit opposing Heatrans just incase Dugtrio lost. Also its great that if Dugtrio comes in on Magma Storm it loses because of damage at the end when you're are trapped in Magma Storm.​

[​IMG]
    ~rudolph (Dugtrio) (M) @ Focus Sash​
    Trait: Arena Trap​
    EVs: 252 Spd / 172 Atk / 16 HP / 68 Def​
    Jolly Nature​
    - Earthquake​
    - Stealth Rock​
    - Reversal​
    - Memento
    Dang this is taking along time. Though i don't notice it i am really into making these RMT's. Once i start writing something i get hooked and can't stop until i noticed that i wrote all that i needed to right. Anyway why i named it Rudolph well that it is obvious just looked at the gigantic red nose how can you not stare away from that thing...... wait hold on, in all my years of pokemon can someone reading this answer my question. Is that a nose or a mouth because i really can't tell. If anyone can answer that question i really don't care if its not a rate i really don't know what that is. Anyway thats enough looking at that red thing lets get on to the Ev and Item analysis.​
    Ok i decided on the focus sash set even though hazards pretty much ruin it. Though Dugtrio has its usage outside of trapping while setting up rocks..... Not really. Though i tried alot of things with Dugtrio i tried a Memento set that worked good with the normal trapping set, but was having 4mss. I also tried Sucker Punch, and to a wierd extent Sunny Day which failed very badly. Anway onto the Ev's i choose. The set is very wierd, but let me explain.​
    252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 16 HP / 68 Def Dugtrio: 169-201 (78.6 - 93.48%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock​
    Looking at these calculations this Ev set allows Dugtrio to come in on a Pursuit Choice Band max attack Tyranitar got to 1hp and nail Tyranitar with reversal. It really comes in handy. Next the 16 Hp does more than just help against Tyranitar here is another calc​
    Seismic Toss: 100-100 (46.51 - 46.51%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock​
    After 2 Seismic Tosses from Blisser or Chansey it get reversal to 1Hp allowing Dugtrio to use full power reversal which can do a Ok amount of damage making Chansey and Blissey easier though Jirachi handles them easier.​
    Ok now the Moveset. Earthquake is the main STAB allowing me to trap and own Heatran and Tyranitar, also Ninetales sometimes, but i have to watch for Will-O-Wisp. Its also the Main attacking move Dugtrio has, so yeah it is pretty much helpful when it comes to trapping. Stealth Rock allows me to do something helpful before i die wtih Dugtrio. Though Memento might be a better options since it helps against setup sweepers, i choose Stealth Rock becuase it helps against other focus sash users and Dragonite. Reversal is my best way of nailing Tyranitar right in his you know what and crack Chansey's and Blissey's Egg you get it LOL. Anyway it also helps to get a pretty strong move when your about to die and use it to deal alot of damage. Finally we have Stone Edge. Sometimes i think Stone Edge is more important that Earthquake because of one reason. Dragonite and Volc. Okay thats to reasons, but oh well Stone Edge allows Dugtrio to not be setup fodder to these super strong beast though i get some mad if i miss that Stone Edge, you suck 80 accuracy, but i can live with it.​
    [​IMG]
    ~rai (Ninetales) (M) @ Leftovers​
    Trait: Drought​
    EVs: 184 Spd / 252 HP / 76 SDef
    Timid Nature​
    - Flamethrower​
    - Will-O-Wisp​
    - Roar​
    - Sunny Day​
    We are finally at the great weather inducer Ninetales. Idk why this thing isn't used more it is great pokemon and is really helpful at countering all those different kinda of weather pokemon. Anyway the name. I named it rai the sun god, its a fitting name for that pokemon thats create internal sun. My only wish is that you were as strong as a god because all you do is make internal sun and burn things. Anyway enough with the name of this awesome pokemon why don't we talk about that Ev spread and item.​
    I choose a specially defensive Ninetales and i don't know what the heck is with my Ev Spread. Well i know i ran enough speed to beat base 80's and just threw the rest into bulk which is pretty stupid of me. If you have a better Ev Spread tell me even if your house is on Fire because it was probably my Ninetales who did it because he wants a better Ev Spread than this crap. Anyway its just a specially defensive Ninetales and thats all i can say about that.​
    Okay the Moveset is pretty straight forward. Flamethrower is so i can hit something with a powerful STAB in sun which really helps when fighting something i can hit neutral which is almost never LOL. Will-O-Wisp is probably the first or second best move on this set. I love when i predict a Terrakion switch in and i just burn it. Its like already winning the game. Its also fun burning defensive toad making it easier to work with. That is my favorite type of toad to. If it run Choice Specs or Scarf then i am going to get mad. Roar is kinda filler, but it helps stopping Calm Mind Latias or Volc from setting up. Its comes in Handy sometimes, but that is all i can say about that. Though i might decide on another move also. Finally we have Sunny Day which i said might be the most important move on this set. Sunny Day allows me to catch opposing toads off guard and it is even better when i have Stealth Rock on the field and it is burned because they die pretty fast after that. Well thats all i can say about Ninetales.​
    [​IMG]
    ~wendy (Azelf) @ Choice Scarf​
    Trait: Levitate​
    Shiny: Yes​
    EVs: 216 Spd / 252 SAtk / 40 Atk​
    Hasty Nature​
    - U-turn​
    - Hidden Power [Ice]​
    - Psychic​
    - Trick
    Next wer have Azelf a super important pokemon on this team. First off the name. I named it Wendy because i was watching Fairy Tale and there is this girl named wendy who is the Sky Dragon Slayer, so it matches when you see this floating fairy thing i think. Anyway that was why i named it that, but why did i pick Azelf. Well let me tell my other name for it. Genesect 2.0. Azelf can learn almost the same moves as Genesect and possibly more which makes it such a devastating pokemon in my book.​
    Anyway the Item and the Ev Spread. The Set is something that is not on the smogon analysis right now did you get the hint: right now LOL. Though it works great though. It outspeed the whole unboosted metagame with Choice Scarf and every viable choice scarf user in OU (When do you see Jolteon with Choice Scarf same with Weavile, Alakazam, and Dugtrio). Anyway the Ev Spread, i ran 216 which allows me to outspeed 110 base speeds and higher. Anything above that is now a threat to my team, so i really don't think i need max speed. Max Special is so i can hit hard when my gigantic coverage, and that 40 attack Ev's is just to boost U-Turns power, nothing special though.​
    Okay the moveset is probably why i love Azelf. With U-Turn it becomes Genesect. Anything name Tyranitar or Scizor who tried to trap it will feel a whole lot of pain. If Tyranitar traps it i don't really care because i just trap it with Dugtrio. Scizor can only trap me if i am locked into Psychic or Hp Ice, because i can demolish it with flamethrower. That is why Azelf is usually my lead. Hp Ice is my favorite attack on this set. I seen, so many Landorus-T leads lose to that move over and over it makes me laugh. Though if this set gain popularity and people are ready for it i can just U-Turn to gain Momentum what a great move. Psychic is so i can revenge kill both Terrakion and Keldeo which are some of the fastest choice scarf users in the tier and i am talking about revenge killing them. I am talking about revenge killing Latios to with Hp Ice lol. Psychic also helps me hit fighting type which only Azelf can do, but i have to watch out for toxicroak since it carries Sucker Punch. Flamethrower is one of my favorite moves on this set. It allows me to own scizor leads and ferrothorns, skarmory, and forretress also. It is such a great move i can't replace it, but there are other moves you can try on this set. Fire Blast is a great move that can be used on this set if you want more power though i miss too much, so i stopped using it lol. Thunderbolt can also be used to hit water types and Gyarados which can be a threat to this team. Trick can also be used to cripple bulky walls also. Those are just the moves i tried Azelf move pool it amazing, it has Stealth Rock, Grass Knot, Thunder. You can also run a Physical Scarf with Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Zen Headbutt, Explosion, and Thunder Punch. Know wonder i love this pokemon.​
    [​IMG]
    ~daphne (Venusaur) (F) @ Life Orb​
    Trait: Chlorophyll​
    EVs: 180 Spd / 252 SAtk / 78 HP
    Timid Nature​
    - Giga Drain​
    - Sludge Bomb​
    - Hidden Power [Fire]​
    - Growth​
    For the final pokemon we have the Queen of all Chlorophyll users Venusaur. The other Chlorophyll user have their niches, but Venusaur outright shows them who is the Queen. I named her Daphne i type of flower. If my Venusaur was a boy then i would say the King of all Chlorophyy user, but this one is a Female. I don't know why i like to name my pokemon and stuff. Anyway enough of how i like to name pokemon lets get to the Item and Ev analysis.​
    I ran max speed because i can literally outspeed everything in the Metagame. This things blistering speed is awesome which makes it a the best chlorophyll sweeper. Venusaur may get outspeed by other chlorophyll sweepers, but there is another reason why Venusaur is King\Queen. That bulk of hers. Which i why i could run max speed without taking too much damaging from my opponent. I choose Life Orb because i can pretty much KO everything besiede max Special Defense Tentacruel i seriously ran into to those when i tried sweeping with venusaur. Though they couldn't do anything some had Ice Beam which made me mad, but good thing that is uncommon. Anyway lets get to the Moveset.​
    I love Giga Drain over Solarbeam straight up. Giga Drain allows me to recover from my Life Orb damage which really comes in handy considering how fast it dies from it. Its fun to stay in on defensive toad who think i am going to return since they have their weather back and i nail them with Giga Drain and win the weather war. Seriously i ran into a few people who left them in lol. Sludge Bomb allows me to KO Latios or anything that resist Giga Drain. Though Latias should be mention because she can take a Sludge Bomb and KO Venusaur. Sludge Bomb is also helpful if my opponent is trying to ware down my Venusaur by switching alot most people don't have that many resist to poison and i can nail them pretty hard with Sludge Bomb. Hp Fire is to let me break through those annyoing steels in my way like jirachi and ferrothorn. Scizor also, but i have to watch out because a Choice Band Bullet Punch can do some damage. Growth is awesome because i can setup and just sweep very easily. Though if they have Chansey or Blissey on their team and it lacks Thunder Wave or the random Fire Blast + Fire Gem Blissey i ran into early on another alt then i am set to go, because i can setup in their face and sweep their team.​
    THINGS
    Arcanine @ Leftovers​
    Trait: Intimidate​
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP​
    Jolly Nature​
    - Flare Blitz / Close Combat​
    - Wild Charge / Close Combat​
    - Sunny Day​
    - Fire Spin​
    LOL this is not apart of the team, but i had to show it. Its a weather trapper arcanine. Though you pick what it traps. If you want to trap both Toad and and Tyranitar you can use Wild Charge and Close Combat. Because i don't want to get off subject let me get back to the RMT, so i can go to bed you guys can think about this when you are asleep or just doing something.

CONCLUSION
    I hope you guys enjoyed my RMT. I should have my threat list up tomorrow because i am to lazy to do it right now. Anyway plz like my RMT if you liked it, and good night. Also in the morning i am going to post some joke i thought of when i played with this team LOL​
    IMPORTABLE
    If your going to use team plz use names thank you. =)​
    Code:
    ~rayleigh (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

~Vis (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Magma Storm
    - SolarBeam
    - Sunny Day
    - Earth Power

~rudolph (Dugtrio) (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Arena Trap
    EVs: 252 Spd / 152 Atk / 16 HP / 88 Def
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Reversal
    - Memento

~rai (Ninetales) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 184 Spd / 252 HP / 74 SDef
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
    - Flamethrower
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Roar
    - Sunny Day

~wendy (Azelf) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 216 Spd / 252 SAtk / 40 Atk
    Hasty Nature
    - U-turn
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Psychic
    - Trick

~daphne (Venusaur) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 180 Spd / 252 SAtk / 76 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Growth

100% and X5Dragon like this.
  2. scotti

scotti

THREAT LIST
    Not A Threat-Black​
    Annoying-Green
    Moderate-Orange
    Dangerous-Red
    OU Offensive Threats

[​IMG] Abomasnow:​
    • Mixed Attacker - Can be Outspeed and KOed by Heatran, Ninetales, Azelf, Jirachi, and Venusaur
    • Choice Scarf - It can be Outspeed and KOed by Azelf and Jirachi and walled by Heatran.
    [​IMG]Alakazam:
    • Focus Sash - This thing can be annoying though i pretty much U-Turn with Azelf or Jirachi and send out either one of those. For example i U-Turn with Azelf and go to Jirachi who can finish it off.
    • Offensive Calm Mind -
    [​IMG]Azelf:
    • Lead -
    • Dual Screens -
    • Nasty Plot -
    • Choice Band -
    [​IMG]Azumarill:
    • Choice Band -
    [​IMG]Breloom:
    • Physical Attacker - This set can be Outspeed and KO by almost my whole team besides Dugtrio who can't KO it. Though i have to watch for Focus Sash it can be pretty annoying with Mach Punch also though its great setup bait for Venusaur.
    • Choice Band / Choice Scarf -
    • Bulk Up -
    • Sub Punch - This set i only ran into once and it was pretty easy to beat Venusaur could easily break the sub tank a Focus Punch and finish it off with Hp Fire. Though Venusaur did take some damage.
    [​IMG]Celebi:
    • Tinkerbell -
    • Nasty Plot Sweeper -
    • Choice Specs / Choice Scarf -
    [​IMG]Cloyster:
    • Shell Smash - Cloyster at +2 can be outspeed by my scarf Azelf and KO. That why if they lead with Cloyster and i lead with Azelf it is a easy KO.
    [​IMG]Conkeldurr:
    • Bulk Up - This set is easily handled by Azelf by using Psychic
    • Flame Orb + 3 Attacks - same with above
    [​IMG]Darmanitan:
    • Choice Scarf / Band - I have only played one scarf set and it was kinda annoying but once i trapped it with Dugtrio it was done for.
    • Life Orb -
    [​IMG]Dragonite:
    • Dragon Dance - This set can screw my whole team if it has Extremespeed and Earthquake. If it has Fire Punch and Extremespeed i can wall it with Heatran. If it has Fire Punch and Earthquake then Azelf can revenge kill it. Though it if gets a +2 i am done for, unless i choose to run max speed on Azelf since i will allow me to revenge kill this beast.
    • Choice Band - This set not as dangerous as the first one, but can still threaten my team with Choice Band Extremspeeds. Though it can be revenged kill easily.
    • Mixed -
    • Parashuffler - This set is so annoying. Though it is easily handled after Multiscale is broken.
    • Rain Abuse -
    [​IMG]Dugtrio:
    • Focus Sash - This set is kinda annoying, but if i have rocks down it is pretty easy to defeat. Also it can't come in on Heatran Magma Storm thanks to damage at the end of the turn, so it is pretty easy to handle.
    • Choice Band -
    [​IMG]Empoleon:
    • Agility - This set is pretty easy to beat. As Heatran and Sun owns this thing. Its not really a threat because i had a easy time against the ones i played.
    • Choice Specs -
    [​IMG]Espeon:
    • Baton Pass - This set is easy to beat. I can just wait until they Baton Pass to roar the next pokemon out, or i just can beat the crap out of Espeon with Heatran or Jirachi.
    • Dual Screens - This set is annoying. It make all my attacks weaker and it really annoying to play against that Espeon set. Though it is not a major problem it is pretty annoying.
    [​IMG]Garchomp:
    • Swords Dance - No threat at all can be revenged kill by Azelf and Jirachi.
    • Choice Band- same as above.
    • Choice Scarf -This thing can be annoying though Azelf easily revenge kills it.
    [​IMG] Gengar:​
    • Substitute + Disable / Pain Split - Played this set before not really a threat, but can be annoying though it is easy to play around. When they sub all i do is break the Sub with one move and kill it with another like on Heatran i use the weaker move like Solarbeam which can break the sub and then kill it with Magma Storm. Easiest way is to just Roar it out when it subs with Ninetales.
    [​IMG]Gorebyss:
    • SmashPass - Can be easily KO by alot of pokemon on this team. Venusaur, Heatran, or Azelf can just spam Psychic that does a good amount of damage. Ninetales can roar out this water attacks are weaker.
    • Shell Smash Sweeper - same as above.
    [​IMG]Gothitelle:
    • Choice Scarf / Specs -Annoying but not really a threat. It can trap something, but not do much after they trap me.
    [​IMG]Gyarados:
    • Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance - This set can really be Threatening. I used to run thunderbolt on Azelf, so it was no problem, but once i changed it to psychic yea it hurt. Though i can eventually kill it it can still cause alot of havoc.
    • Choice Band-
    • Choice Scarf -
    [​IMG]Haxorus:
    • Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Yea Choice Band can be kinda annoying, but it can be killed pretty easily though in the process i take alot of damage unless i use jirachi.
    • Dragon Dance - Can be revenged by Azelf and Jirachi
    • Swords Dance - same as above
    [​IMG]Heatran:
    • Choice Scarf / Specs - This set is easy to beat. All i have to do is send out Dugtrio and trap it or wall it with Heatran of my own.
    • Air Balloon -This set is really easy to beat. I can U-Turn with Azelf break balloon and go straight to Dugtrio who can own it in a second.
    [​IMG]Hydreigon:
    • Mixed Attacker - Haven't played this set, but i think it could be very threatening though i have to see for my self.
    • Choice Specs / Scarf - These are pretty easy to handle with Jirachi and Azelf
    • Substitute -
    • Expert Belt -
    [​IMG]Infernape:
    • Choice Band / Choice Scarf - Scarf can be revenged by Azelf, and trap by Dugtrio though i have to come in after he kill something.
    • Mixed Attacker - Same as above accept i can bring Dugtrio straight in though i have to watch for sash sometimes.
    • Nasty Plot / Swords Dance booster - Easier than the above 2 to handle.
    [​IMG]Jirachi:
    • Substitute + Calm Mind / Substitute + 3 Attacks - Not really a problem for a sun team as they can hit jirachi for SE mostly Heatran who owns this set.
    • Wish + Calm Mind - Same as above
    • Expert Belt -
    • Choice Scarf - Haven't really played this set only once i think. It is not really a threat though it could be annoying with U-Turn.
    [​IMG]Keldeo:
    • Choice Scarf / Specs - I love these sets. This is probably the pokemon i have the least problem with. If i have sun up this thing is perfect SetUp Fodder for Venusaur giving me and easy sweep. Also it can be revnged by Azelf. Though i have to watch for Icy Wind.
    • Calm Mind -Same as above.
    [​IMG]Kingdra:
    • Choice Specs -
    • Rain Dance - This is a major threat. Not only is this thing hard to stop in rain i lose my weather. If i see Kingdra in team preview the first thing i think is keep Ninetales alive and that is what i will do.
    • Dragon Dance -
    [​IMG]Kyurem:
    • Choice -
    • Substitute + 3 Attacks -
    • Substitute + Roost -
    [​IMG]Kyurem-B:
    • Substitute - Never really had a problem with this thing. I could easily defeat it with a Magma Storm in sun and its only way of hitting me relied on Earth Power which doesn't work on Air Balloon Tran, so i could kill it before i took any major damage.
    • Substitute + Dragon Tail -
    • Choice Band - This set is freaking scary. My best bet is to send out jirachi and just spam Iron Head until it dies it works most of the time.
    • Mixed - This set can be handled easily by Jirachi and Heatran
    • Choice Scarf - Jirachi handles this set by spamming Iron Head.
    [​IMG]Landorus-T:
    • Stealth Rock - If they lead with this Azelf has a huge chance of KOing this thing at the very start of the game with Hp Ice.
    • Swords Dance / Rock Polish - Azelf can revenge kill if it hasn't got both boost. Though most pokemon on my team can hit this thing hard, so it doesn't get a chance to setup.
    • Substitute + 3 Attacks-
    • Gravity -
    • Choice Scarf - Azelf can own this thing very easily. Mostly if they lead with it.
    [​IMG]Latias:
    • Life Orb - Not really a threat. Jirachi can spam Iron Head and Latias can really do much back because it is going to be flinching.
    • Choice Specs / Scarf - Specs can be a little annoying because of how much damage it does, but its not that common and Jirachi can handle it. Scarf is just plain out easy to win against, because of how little damage output that set has.
    • Calm Mind - This set is scary. If if it sets up Multiple Calm Minds i am screwed unless i still have Jirachi. Jirachi is my best and only answer to this thing. That is why i added jirachi to my team since this thing screwed my team over and over.
    [​IMG]Latios:
    • Life Orb / Expert Belt - Life Orb sets are handled pretty easily by Jirachi and Heatran in sun. Azelf can also U-Turn, so it usually racks up damage fast and dies.
    • Choice Scarf / Specs - Scarf is freakin annoying. By being so fast it is hard to revenge kill though it is not really a problem since jirachi is going to have an easy time against it. Azelf also outspeeds it, so its not a huge problem. Specs on the other hand is a huge problem. When playing specs i have to use Jirachi Iron Head flinching over and over since not a single pokemon on my team can take 2 Rraco Meteors.
    • Calm Mind -
    [​IMG]Lucario:
    • Swords Dance - Pretty easy to handle, since most of my team is fire. Though after a Swords Dance it can be threatening mostly if it has Extremspeed. Though Venusaur can live a Extremespeed and KO. With Hp Fire under sun i think.
    [​IMG]Magnezone:
    • Substitute - I ran into one earlier i couldn't really do much since i just trap it with Dugtrio and killed it. Though i did play another one and all the fire moves on my team help.
    • Choice Scarf / Specs - Dugtrio can come in on choice locked electric move and trap the trapper and defeat it.
    [​IMG]Mamoswine:
    • Physical Attacker -Hmm it is quite annoying, but Heatran can win with air balloon, and other pokemon on my team like jirachi and Venusaur can heavily damage it.
    • Focus Sash + Endeavor - This set is annoying. Heatran can KO thanks to Magma Storms damage at end of turn. Jirachi can do ok against it, but if it doesn't get flinched it is screwed.
    [​IMG]Meloetta:
    • Relic Song Mixed Attacker -
    • Calm Mind + 3 Attacks / Substitute -
    [​IMG]Metagross:
    • Stealth Rock - Can be defeated by Heatran, Ninetales, Venusaur at +2 alot of things can defeat that set.
    • Choice Scarf / Band - Azelf can out speed scarf sets and hit hard with flamethrower if i still have it. Venusaur can KO venusaur at +2 with Hp Fire. Dugtrio can trap it and kill it also.
    • Agility - Dugtrio can take a hit thanks to Sash and hit it hard with Earthquake. Azelf can revenge kill it with Flamethrower, or Heatran can own it if it has Balloon intact.
    [​IMG]Mew:
    • Stealth Rock- I can just spam U-Turn and eventually kill it or i can just hit it hard.
    • Baton Pass- Ninetales can roar it out before it passes or when it passes.
    • Nasty Plot-
    [​IMG]Mienshao:
    • All-Out Attacker - This set is kinda annoying, but Azelf can easily KO it with Psychic.
    • Choice Scarf / Band - same as above
    [​IMG]Ninetales:
    • Special Attacker - Dugtrio can trap and easily kill it. Heatran walls it.
    [​IMG]Politoed:
    • Choice Specs / Scarf - Scarf can be annoying as it is harder to trap though it can get weaken faster. Specs are scary. Specs makes politoad hit like a truck, so i have to be careful when trying to trap the variant of politoad.
    • 3 Attacks -
    [​IMG]Reuniclus:
    • Offensive Trick Room- I have to use Jirachi who can tank hits and hit hard with Iron Head.
    • Calm Mind - Spam Iron Head with jirachi. Without Jirachi i am probably screwed.
    [​IMG]Rotom-C:
    • Support - Only faced one of these and it wasn't really a problem since i have a sun team. I could easily kill it with a fire move.
    • Choice Scarf / Specs -
    [​IMG]Rotom-W:
    • Support - Heatran can hit it hard with Solarbeam, and Venusaur can setup on it, though i have to be careful of Thunder Wave.
    • Choice Scarf / Specs - Scarf is just annoying while specs is just kinda scary. They are pretty easy to defeat though. Venusaur can count them as setup fodder and has an easy time boosting, though i have to be careful of trick.
    [​IMG]Salamence:
    • Dragon Dance -
    • Mixed -
    • Choice Scarf / Band -
    [​IMG]Scizor:
    • Choice Band -
    • Swords Dance -
    • Bulky Swords Dance -
    [​IMG]Scrafty:
    • Dragon Dance -
    • Bulk Up -
    [​IMG]Sharpedo:
    • Speed Boost -
    [​IMG]Smeargle:
    • Hazard Lead -
    • Baton Pass -
    [​IMG]Starmie:
    • Life Orb -
    • Choice Specs -
    [​IMG]Stoutland:
    • Choice Band -
    • Non Choice -
    [​IMG]Terrakion:
    • Substitute + Swords Dance / Salac Berry -
    • Choice Band / Choice Scarf-
    • Double Dance -
    [​IMG]Thundurus-T:
    • Nasty Plot -
    • Agility -
    • Choice Scarf -
    [​IMG]Tornadus:
    • Tailwind
    [​IMG]Toxicroak:
    • Swords Dance -
    • Bulk Up -
    • SubPunch -
    [​IMG]Tyranitar:
    • Choice Band -
    • Choice Scarf -
    • MixTar -
    [​IMG]Venusaur:
    • Growth -
    [​IMG]Victini:
    • Choice Band / Scarf -
    • Special Attacker -
    [​IMG]Virizion:
    • Calm Mind -
    • Swords Dance -
    [​IMG]Volcarona:
    • Offensive Quiver Dance -
    • Bulky Quiver Dance / Roost -
    • Chesto Rest -
    • Substitute -
    Standard OU Defensive Threats

[​IMG] Amoonguss:​
    • Standard -
    [​IMG]Blissey:
    • Support -
    [​IMG]Bronzong:
    • Tank -
    [​IMG]Celebi:
    • Physically Defensive -
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG]Chansey:
    • Support -
    [​IMG]Cloyster:
    • Utility -
    [​IMG]Cresselia:
    • Support -
    • Calm Mind -
    [​IMG]Empoleon:
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG]Espeon:
    • Calm Mind -
    [​IMG]Ferrothorn:
    • Standard -
    [​IMG]Forretress:
    • Physically Defensive -
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG]Gastrodon:
    • Tank -
    [​IMG]Gliscor:
    • Substitute + Protect -
    • Britscor Stallbreaker -
    • Swords Dance
    [​IMG]Gyarados:
    • Bulky Support -
    • Resttalk -
    [​IMG]Heatran:
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG]Hippowdon:
    • Physical Tank -
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG]Jellicent:
    • Utility Counter -
    [​IMG]Jirachi:
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG]Latias:
    • Support -
    • Reflect / Refresh + Calm Mind
    [​IMG]Mew:
    • Stallbreaker -
    [​IMG]Ninetales:
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG]Politoed:
    • Defensive -
    [​IMG]Porygon2:
    • Defensive -
    [​IMG]Quagsire:
    • Physically Defensive -
    [​IMG]-Rotom-H:
    • Support -
    • Choice Scarf -
    [​IMG]Rotom-W:
    • Support -
    [​IMG]Sableye:
    • Prankster -
    [​IMG]Skarmory:
    • Physically Defensive -
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG]Slowbro:
    • Tank -
    [​IMG]Starmie:
    • Rapid Spin -
    [​IMG]Tangrowth:
    • Defensive -
    [​IMG]Tentacruel:
    • Substitute + Toxic -
    • Protect -
    [​IMG]Tyranitar:
    • Specially Defensive -
    [​IMG]Vaporeon:
    • Rest Hydration -
    • Wish Support -
    [​IMG]Venusaur:
    • SubSeed -
    [​IMG]Wobbuffet:
    • Max Speed -
    • Bulky -
    [​IMG]Xatu:
    • Standard -
  3. kennystaraptorchew

kennystaraptorchew

Hi this is one successful team! Well done!

One suggestion though, for Jirachi, I prefer Trick > Body Slam.
    This is to cripple support users.

Have a good day!
  4. 100%

100%

Hey Scotti!

This is a cool sun team, but there are a couple of things you should try. The first is running Choice Scarf Celebi over Azelf. Choice Scarf Celebi isn't frail as Azelf, and is incredibly useful against Rain teams. A Leaf Storm from it can leave almost any bulky Water-type packing there suitcase to the sewer, and it also has U-turn making Tyranitar kills much more flexible, especially since through my experience, Azelf usually never drags in Tyranitar, since it really can't do anything to Azelf considering most carry Hidden Power [Fighting] or are just Suicide Leads. Celebi's auspicious typing is great too, since it lets it tank Psyshock and Mach Punch much, much better. It also deals with Kingdra and Dragonite, two major threats to this team. A simple set of Leaf Storm | Hidden Power Ice | Psychic | U-turn will let you gain this.

This team has very good synergy, and the increased amount of trapper may not be as needed. Magma Storm Heatran is great, and all, but running an Offensive Ninetales with Sunny Day | Fire Blast | Solarbeam | Will-O-Wisp with a Grass Gem would work well. You'll have to change your EV spread with 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with Timid Nature, though. Now, Heatran can give up Magma Storm for a more reliable Flamethrower. Now, you have Hippowdon and Politoed checked in one set. Politoed switching in will get the sunny Day, and be smacked with Grass Gem Solar Beam, and Hippowdon too. If they live and KO back, they'll be weakened enough to be KOed by Dugtrio. You should switch Body Slam for Healing Wish on Jirachi. This lets you sack Jirachi to get free healing for one of your weaker 'mons like Ninetales, who is the MVP of all Sun teams.

An EV spread of 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe with Timid Nature give you all the benefits of your current EV spread, since it lets Speed Creep your main targets like Breloom and Metagross. As I said before, Heatran has room for other moves, and you should switch Solarbeam for Stealth Rock, and run Substitute over Stealth Rock on Dugtrio. After 4 Substitutes, Dugtrio gains 1 HP with Reversal and EdgeQuake making it annoying for your opponent. It is also very helpful to power Reversal if the opponent's move doesn't get it to 1%. Try it out, and you'll be in a good situation, especially most Pokemon cannot use it as set-up bait. Last, but not least, move 4 HP on Venusaur to Def. It's a tiny free boost that lets you switch into Stealth Rock and Spikes the max amount of times, so it's definitely worth it. Nice Sun Team!

Good Luck, and hope I could help!
    scotti likes this.
  5. Shurtugal

Shurtugal The Enterpriser.

I found time to get to some of my requests. It's a miracle I swear! :eek:

So hey! Cute sun team you got here. It's really standard, so naturally it's going to be quite solid as well.

Mamoswine with a LO looks like it murders everything. Also, I can see CB Scizor coming in on HP Ice locked Azelf and pursuit trapping you, and plus nothing can switch into it. Hidden Power Lati@s can pretty much wreck Jirachi (hell, Draco Meteor is doing a lot since Scarf Jirachi isn't that bulky). Sand stall teams with Hippowdon look annoying to face, especially since most will switch out of Heatran. Double Dance Landorus-T and Dragon Dance EQ Dragonite are other annoying things I'll try to make easier to manage.

Other things can be played around, but it all depends if you can trap weather inducers or not. To be honest, it shouldn't be too hard so I don't have many nitpicks to throw at you.

However, I still have nitpicks! :)

1. I'd tweak Ninetales' spread a little bit. I personally like using 252 Hp / 74 SpD / 184 Spe with a Timid nature so I can then hit 310 speed. This speed tier outpaces maximum invested base 100s at neutral nature and it outpaces Jolly Landorus-T, and it outpaces KyuB (whom hits 285 lol, when you want to outpace base 80s always hit 286 to outpace SubKyuB; though to be honest some hit 289 so it's up for grabs but the analysis set hits 285 so.... XD) as well as outpacing other Pokemon who hit the 80 base tier (there are a lot of Pokemon whom can do this, especially Pokemon like Jirachi and Rotom-W to name a few whom have the ability and sometimes do hit it). Also, things like Zoroark, or if you play PO, modest Landorus-I is all outpaced by 310 speed.

I've never really needed the bulk on Tales and outpacing things is just more useful so you can WoW things faster.

2. The next thing I'm looking at is Jirachi. It's incompetence at walling Dragons is huge on my list, and double scarfers are generally not that great in OU. In fact, you overlooked a very easy fix to this problem: Choice Band Scizor. Scizor is a good answer to Mamoswine, as well as helping you vs. opposing sun teams with Heatran and it can reliably defeat the Lati@s twins, which is huge. It has stronger U-turn momentum so that is to be duly noted, and it's bigger attack stat can help against Sand Stall as well. It's Bullet Punch can smack DD Dragonite and RP Landorus-T as well so it's ultimately a better team player as well.

3. So all of my minor changes are going to pop up here. Heatran could really use a Chople Berry to be honest, since not dying to Superpower Tyranitar and Superpower CB Scizor are huge benchmarks for this team and help Heatran eliminate both of these threats faster and easier. Dugtrio's Memento over Stone Edge is especially nice for stopping set up sweepers like Double Dance Landorus-T, Dragonite, and ThundyT in their tracks when stone Edge either misses or just can't stop them (also stops SubCM Latias). On Azelf, the Flamethrower coverage is really useless when you have Ninetales, HP Fire Venusaur, and Heatran as partners so you might as well replace that for Trick; don't you think? Especially when it has more utility vs. stall and set up mons.

4. Lastly, Venusaur does not need all of those speed evs when you run Timid. Use 78 Hp / 252 SpA / 180 Spe evs instead, as they outpace 110 scarfers (like Lati@s) and the extra bulk allows you to set up more Growths or just in general have more HP for that LO recoil.

So this team is cool and I like the use of Azelf. Ultimately, it's not Genesect, but Scizor's typing is identical and Azelf's coverage just might be able to make up for it. Azelf's ability to Trick and Psychic are unique to itself and I feel that Azelf is really fun to use. I hope this team serves you well; good luck!

With Regards,
    Shurtugal
    scotti likes this.
  6. scotti

scotti

Wow ty for the rate. I might try trick over Body Slam it just matters if i keep jirachi or not lol. Scizor looks like a great replacement to it, so i have to think about that before i try your suggestion. Ty for the rate.

Wow ty for the great rate. It all seems helpful, but i few things i disagree with.

1. Changing Azelf: I need Azelf on this team. The things that makes it good is not its bulk, but the speed and power it has. Combine with Dugtrio trapping skills and Azelf awesome coverage it is hard to stop this teams momentum and win the weather war.

2. Heatran set i am going to keep. Its just that Heatran does a great job at its job LOL. I will think about it, but its not that likely.

All of your other suggestion i feel comfortable with changing, but first i have to try them out they all seem pretty helpful. Ty for the rate 100%

Ty for the rate Shurtugal. Scizor over Jirachi actually seems like a great suggestion. Still helping the trapping core and being able to defeat revenge, Mamoswine, Lati@s, and Dragonite and such. I am probably going to use Scizor it looks like a great pokemon on this team. Ty for the Ev spreads i had no idea of what i was doing with them lol. I am definiately going to try those. Trick over Flamethrower hmm. It actually seems like a great suggestion though at the same time Flamethrower has gotten me a ton of kill against Scizors and Ferrothorns. I will try out the suggestion though since i actually tried trick and it was ok, so i don't mind trying it again. Heatran Chople Berry hmm. Well against CB Tar i usually use Dugtrio to trap it and against Scizor normally Heatran outspeeds and KOs it with MagmaStorm, i will try the suggestion though. Memento is something i actually wanted to use, but didn't know how to fit it in there. I will try it though it seems like it could help. Anyway Ty for the Rate =)
    Shurtugal likes this.
  7. Shurtugal

Well, I mean the Chople Berry helps Heatran switch into Scizor knowing that a predicted Superpower can't OHKO :)

Also, you never know when trapping opposing Tyranitar with Heatran will happen since it's mostly spamming Magma Storm and if SR are up Dugtrio can't switch into it without him dying to Crunch / Superpower on the CB set so ultimately I felt it was more useful than Air Balloon since it really only helps against opposing Heatran and ultimately whenever he comes in on things like Azelf you'll likely U-turn to break possible opposing balloons and trap it with Dugtrio so I felt the balloon wasn't contributing to much.

Good luck with testing! :)
    scotti likes this.
  8. MCBarrett

MCBarrett i love it when you call me big hoppa

Hey Scotti, got your request! I do remember battling this team and it is very effective so major props for making it! I really don't have too much to suggest to this team since Shurtugal covered everything already. However, I am a little on the fence about replacing Jirachi for Scizor only because if you are locked in to Pursuit or Superpower at any point you give the opponent a prime opportunity to set up with Landorus-T. Sub Salac/Leichi Terrakion gets a free set up on Pursuit as well and these are both very dangerous to your team. Also, without a spinner and being much slower than Scarf Jirachi, his U-Turn will be potentially less effective seeing as he will have to take Hazards damage and damage from an attack most times he switches in. However, Scizor does have it's merits obviously, I just thought you should be aware of these things before using him.

Anyways just thought I should make that comment and also let you know that I 100% agree with the Venusaur spread, the Memento on Dugtrio, and the Chople Berry on Heatran. Lastly, I don't know if this would work, but maybe Taunt over Trick on Azelf? It basically does the same thing as Tricking a Scarf by rendering Stall Pokes like Blissey basically useless, but at the same time you are guaranteed to keep Hazards off the field if Azelf is in which could be very helpful to your team. On the other side though you will be forced to switch out and most Azelf carry Taunt anyways so you might scare things from setting up hazards anyways. (I know that happened to me when we battled and I did not know you were Scarfed yet.)

Anyways sorry I couldn't add too much, it's just a very unique, effective team and I didn't want to mess with it too much. Great job and good luck with the team!
  9. scotti

scotti

Ok, so after some testing i decided to replace jirachi with scizor. Also i decided to keep Air Balloon on Tran, since it helped my team alot more the chople berry. Trick on Azelf is also helping my team, so i am going to add that to the Team. Memento on Dugtrio has been working great. I will update the team soon.
  10. chimpact

chimpact fire nation
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Body Slam seems like a really odd choice on your Jirachi. Your team for the most part is extremely fast and body slam is not the best move to lock yourself into. Healing Wish is an interesting option if you decide to use it. It allows you to play recklessly with Venusaur earlier in the game and give your opponent a false sense of security thinking they have Venusaur contained. It can also help you win the weather war in a pinch if politoed is weakened enough.

I also don't know how effective flamethrower is on azelf. Even though it is boosted by the sun, it doesn't help with covering the weaknesses of your team. You could replace it with explosion to hit set up sweepers like Dnite, volc (which can be very threatening to your team if its bulky roost, or hp ground), and gyarados.

Lastly, I definitely agree with the decision to put Memento over Stone edge on dugtrio. Stone edge is just too inconsistent and memento can even set up healing wishes from jirachi lol.

Hope I helped and good luck!
  11. scotti

scotti

Well i made the changes to the thread, they seems to be working great as i went from #39 to number #29, so ty for the help everyone. This team has been during really good. Mostly with scizor as the U-Turns do alot more and i less trouble from Terrakion and other fast sweepers as Bullet punch either finish them off or does a huge chunk of damage, so ty for the rates everyone.
  12. Shurtugal

Run 248 Hp on Scizor since the 4 extra hp evs hit a SR number (meaning you take an extra point, or percentage; I believe, of SR damage). So I'd run 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 SpD. I'm glad Scizor is working out for you and further glad that you've performed better on the ladder too! :)
    scotti likes this.
  13. magic123

magic123

A small nitpick,put 52 EVs on Scizor (taking away from HP)to outspeed 8 speed Politoed(standard Choice Specs Politoed runs 4 speed)and allows you to outspeed the standard Choice Band Tyranitar on Smogon.CB Terrakion is also a HUGE threat to your team as nothing can switch into it,even if Scizor or Azelf is able to revenge kill it.Here are some calcs:

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azelf: 195-231 (67.01 - 79.38%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 292-345 (85.13 - 100.58%) -- 81.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 72 HP / 4 Def Venusaur: 169-200 (52.97 - 62.69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even though I have no exact solution to this problem,I am just addressing it so that other raters may find a solution to it.Also,offensive Latias/Latios may not be as easy to handle as you think they are,as Scizor is not really a reliable check as Shurtugal said it is,look at these calcs:

(With 2 Draco Meteors,the base power is 210,so Move 1 is a 210 base power special Dragon move)

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios (Move 1) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 306-360 (89.21 - 104.95%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    -2 252 SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor in sun: 322-380 (93.87 - 110.78%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Once again,I am unsure how to solve this problem.I am pretty much on the fence whether or not you should have replaced Jirachi,because Scizor is way too offensive to actually switch into anything.
  14. Shurtugal

Are you serious?

Most specs toed want to jump Breloom...

CB Terrakion 2hkos most of OU, and most offense teams can only check it anyway (you offer poor logic).

I'd say Venu, Azelf, Dugtrio, and Scizor more than stop CB Rak.

Also, after Latios fires a Draco Scizor can pursuit trap. BP OHKOs. Specs is rare and LO variants of tios and Tias are more than checked.

Scizor is a good answer to the Lati twins. Please use the team or get a better sense of the metagame before mentioning threats that aren't threats!

Also, a rate is supposed to fix any seen problems. You really didn't offer fixes (not that any are needed...) so don't bash my rate, thanks!
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  15. magic123

magic123

No,Specs toed does not speed EV up to Breloom,as most Breloom these days reach up to 262 speed (some of them go up to 239 speed though) and if politoed invests that many speed evs,Scizor cannot outspeed it even with max speed.So I am just giving it enough speed to outspeed normal politoeds that are within it's reach.

You do have a very good argument with terrakion being able to 2HKO most pokes in offensive teams,and these teams usually have to revenge kill it.Which this team does fantastically.

Actually,I'd say 60% of all Latioses run specs,and LO Latias isn't as rare as you think.BP doesn't OHKO it does 64.78 - 76.07%.

Please don't start an argument over scizor's speed evs.Thanks for your reply anyways :).
  16. Shurtugal

Ok. I just thought you were bashing at me sorry lol that happens to me sometimes ~

As for toed I meant 240 since Adamant is still most used on loom (at least I hit that w/ my specs toed lmao since 4 Spe is bad, but idk what others use so meh).
  17. scotti

scotti

LOL, i will try the EV Spread you posted for Scizor magic. If it work good enough i am probably going to try it. Though Scizor really helps against Specs Latios, so i won't really call that a problem. Also Latias with Life Orb doesn't feel like much of threat, not only because it is kinda rare(I mostly play Calm Mind Variants that are very annoying), but when i do play them, there pretty easy for my team to take down, since Latias doesn't have as much Bulk as her Calm Mind counterpart it is easier to defeat with my Venusaur, and since this team has Azelf and Scizor keeping momentum it is hard for the life orb variants to come in. Even after it comes in Heatran does a pretty good job against it. I am going to try alot of different EV Spread though for alot of my pokes against threats i didn't even know about. Anyway thank for the rates =)
  18. Critical_Hax

Critical_Hax

I just played this team (If you played a guy who waited for a low damage roll on Dugtrio before he stopped stalling, that was me), and I can see why it did so well.

That being said, your Dugtrio is a little weak, since it has no boosting item, nature or full attack EVs. However, since you'reyou have goo checks for running max speed, the only pokemon you're likely to speed tie with are other Dugtrio and Alakazam, neither of which are particularly prevalent. Furthermore, their both so frail they won't be able to switch in and they are both easily checked by Scizor and Azelf (you can play around Life Orb Sucker Punch Dugtrio very easily by tricking it then setting up). I suggest you move 36 Speed EVs to Atk, letting you outspeed Starmie and giving you a slight boost to attack.

Other than that, this team is pretty much perfect and it has a very strong concept which it executes disgustingly well.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)