1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Burning Desire

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Hot N Cold, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Hot N Cold

Hot N Cold PLUTO
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]

Introduction
    Hello Smogon, I'm Hot N Cold and is the third time that I post a team on this subforum, surprisingly this is my first RarelyUsed team when is the tier that probably I have most played games and where i'm most active being as usual a ru tournament player / qc ru member and a member very active on the RarelyUsed subforum, on IRC channel and tutor; just in the whole community.
    I decided to does this RMT with B&W just done in a few time, i created this team for the RU Grand Slam to myself and for others great players, this team was with myself and with Bloo around 4-0 at least in this tournament; I decided to use this team after r3 so the team dont have enough battles played. When I thought about the name of the team I chose this because the main idea of the team and Lana Del Rey song; here:

Team at Glance
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The idea of this team is done about spam Psychic, so I just make my core with Mesprit + Sigyliph + Slowking, Mesprit is the great utility all-round and helps luring for the others, Bulky Calm Mind Sigyliph is the sweeper of this team that works really well against slow balance / stall teams, while that OTR Slowking does better against faster and frail teams, after of this I add Escavalier and Emboar to check Dark and Ghost stuff, also Escavalier help me on CM wars if my opponent lacks to fire move; Emboar is just something faster and really help me a lot against dangerous bug types faster like Durant, finally I decided Druddigon because to cover grass and water moves which works like a glue.

The Team
    [​IMG]

Mesprit @ Flame Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Stealth Rock
    - Psychic
    - Trick
    - Healing Wish

Mesprit is my support mon, is the reason for this title on my RMT, very hard to found another utility mon less useful than him honestly lol Stealth Rock is the necessary move on each team, also is faster and decent bulk so can guarantee the Stealth Rock on their opponent field. Psychic is just simply the best offensive move allow and reliable to him; just hit decent. Trick with Flame Orb is great to catch off guard a lot of stuff that can handle my offensive psychic core like Aggron, Spiritomb, Druddigon or Absol, is just effective because helps against lum and resttalker mons better than using a single WoWisp mon, also steal usually leftovers which is more annoying, finally Healing Wish is played on mid games when really I need another mon healthy.

[​IMG]

Escavalier @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shell Armor
    EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Megahorn
    - Iron Head
    - Pursuit
    - Protect

This is my steel on the team, steel type mon in RU teams isnt something necessary but usually helps; running a bulkier spread to deal better with stuff like Sceptile LO or just to tank really strong hits. Megahorn and Iron Head most strong moves, walled by others steels and fire types; Pursuit help me against non-flame Slowking, Rotom, Cryogonal, non-Heat Wave Sigyliph is just extremely useful to prevent calm mind wars against non-fire cm mons. Protect help me to scout choice mons and outplay my opponent many times, at the same time that recovers health.

[​IMG]

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Heat Wave
    - Roost

Here my stallbreaker on this team, Bulky Calm Mind Sigyliph is probably one of the best ways to deal with stall and just slow teams, with Life Orb and after Calm Mind boost allows to hit really strong and survives against another special things easily thanks also to the extra bulk, also some investiment on physical defense to tank better stuff like Foul Play or some priority, 208 evs on speed allows to outrun max speed Rotom. Psychic is the most strong move avalaible to Sigilyph, finally Heat Wave to hit super effective to steel types and neutral against dark types which otherwise should wall pretty well this set.

[​IMG]

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 SDef
    Quiet Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
    - Trick Room
    - Surf
    - Fire Blast
    - Psyshock

Here my last combo on my triple core psychic, this apport more offense against offensive teams because a good bulk and Trick Room which can sweep against slower teams, Surf stronger move, Psyshock hits stronger to special walls with a frail side on the physical side such Cryogonal, Roselia, Lanturn etc and anyways Surf hits strong than Psychic against neutral stuff, finally Fire Blast helps mainly against grasses / steel types like Ferroseed and Escavalier.

[​IMG]

Druddigon @ Choice Band
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Sucker Punch
    - Dragon Claw

My breaker to offensive teams, this works of glue on my team, best check to stuff like flame Slowking. Outrage and Dragon Claw honestly are both move that cant miss on CB druddigon, Dragon Claw works better on early game while that Outrage on late game especially if Trick Room is up. Earthquake by coverage to steel types like Steelix and finally Sucker Punch for very offensive mons that are really frail. With this spread I maximize bulk and atk while that speed creep along with Trick Room isnt necessary.

[​IMG]

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Superpower
    - Wild Charge
    - Sleep Talk

Emboar is my bug, fighting, dark and steel resist pretty much, checks a lot of things called Escavalier, Durant or Absol, Flare Blitz and Superpower both moves are always necessary on Emboar because STAB and power with a decent coverage between them, last offensive move is Wild Charge which allos to hit mostly waters and Moltres, last move is to support the entire team, my sleep absorber against stuff like Lilligant or Smeargle. Scarf Emboar is a great offensive filler which can check a lot of dangerous threats without lose the offensiveness in your team.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

shoutouts (open)

- Rarelyused and Neverused community.
    - A lot of cool guys on Smogon BKC, Eternal, Bloo, McMeghan, Heist, jira, twash, cbb, chirac, badass, ficcion, etc
    - Some IDM members; Dice, ctc, gr8astard, blim, d4rr3n etc
    - TAONU =)
    - Old Raider members like JabbaTheGriffin, leftiez, jirachi, harsha...
    - Some spaniards like reiku, Dunk, spf, MDragon, Tyrano, LightTheThunder, peje, basket etc; others hispanic players too.
    - Megadragonfeu team
    - Thanks to the spanish guy, Pedros who did for me this gr8 banner !!
    - Sorry if i miss someone really tired to finish this team lol, probably have some grammar mistakes :v

importable (open)

Envidia (Mesprit) @ Flame Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Psychic
    - Trick
    - Healing Wish

Avaricia (Escavalier) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shell Armor
    EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Megahorn
    - Iron Head
    - Pursuit
    - Protect

Lujuria (Sigilyph) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Heat Wave
    - Roost

Pereza (Slowking) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 SDef
    Quiet Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
    - Trick Room
    - Surf
    - Fire Blast
    - Psyshock

Ira (Druddigon) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Sucker Punch
    - Dragon Claw

Soberbia (Emboar) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Superpower
    - Wild Charge
    - Sleep Talk
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    Sweep, Leftiez, Hollywood and 28 others like this.
  2. unfixable

unfixable

Ok, a few things:
    1.) LANA FUCKING DEL REY, I LOVE YOU.
    2.) LANA AGAIN, I CAN'T EVEN.
    3.) This team is god-tier. I honestly don't see any changes.
    Great taste in music and teams.
    Arceus Lana is god

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)