Burning Everything Up (Ubers Sun Team)

Alright, so let's start things off. I am IFailAtPokemon. This is my first RMT, and I am fairly new to the forums, so please correct me if I do anything wrong. Without further ado, let's get started with the RMT!

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 200 HP / 200 Atk / 108 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Groudon is a great Pokemon. He is on my team to set up the weather. However, that is not all that this set is limited to. After setting up the weather, I can effectively cripple faster opponents and faster sweepers. After paralyzing incoming switches, it makes way for slower Pokemon like Specs Reshiram to come in and start sweeping. But there's more! Even after crippling threats, I can set up a Swords Dance, and pull off a few kills with almost perfect neutral coverage with the infamous EdgeQuake combo, while outspeeding the majority of the opponent's team after a T-Wave.

Reshiram @ Choice Specs
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Blue Flare
- Flamethrower

Specs Reshiram is a total MONSTER in the sun, guaranteeing a 2HKO even against 4HP/252 SDef Blissey with Blue Flare. This offensive powerhouse works amazingly with ParaDancer Groudon, as Groudon will paralyze, allowing Reshiram to annihilate most everything in its path. Even in the rain, Reshiram is STILL a major threat. It can 2HKO 252HP/0SDef Kyogre with Specs Draco Meteor without the help of entry hazards. If you don't want to risk a miss or just need a consistent way to deal damage to foes, Dragon Pulse is there to deal major damage without having your stats lowered. Flamethrower is basically there so you don't miss a crucial Blue Flare. Overall, Reshiram is just amazing and I wouldn't replace him in a million years.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Volt Switch

Forretress works well with the rest of this team. It's 4x Fire weakness is covered by Reshiram's 4x resistance to Fire, and having no other weaknesses is just great, with that stellar Defense stat and what not. There's really not much to say about Forretress, there's Volt Switch to keep momentum, Spikes for damage, Toxic Spikes to shorten sweeps and annoy stuff, and Rapid Spin because its Rapid Spin and hazards are common in Ubers.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Flamethrower
- Recover

Arceus-Ghost is just a badass Ghost overall. He fulfills so many crucial roles, which include spin-blocking, sweeping, stopping E-Killer's sweep most of the time, and even stalling with Recover. Calm Mind is there to set up on stuff like Forretress and Ferrothorn. Judgment is there to take out opposing Ghost-type Pokemon and as a powerful STAB move. Flamethrower is there for two reasons. One, it's a Sun team, and secondly, to roast those pesky walls known as Ferrothorn and Forretress. Recover is just a reliable way to gain back some HP after being worn down a bit, pretty self-explanatory.

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Psyshock

Kyogre? No chance. Say hello to Latias, the #1 Kyogre check. (Alright, maybe not the best, but one of the best.) All of Kyogre's moves do almost nothing to Latias, except for Specs Kyogre, of course. Latias has stellar special defense to wall most special attackers, including, of course, the all-too common fat blue or purple whale. Even more, Soul Dew is basically a free Calm Mind, which raises your already sky-high Special Defense to even greater extents, as well as your Special Attack. Calm Mind is there to set up and laugh in Kyogre's face. Dragon Pulse as a powerful STAB, and Psyshock to do massive amounts of damage to Kyogre's face, and finally, Roost, to get all your HP back.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Say hello to Terrakion, my revenge killer. This thing is just BEASTLY. With the right prediction, you can scare your opponent's Poke away and nail the oncoming switch. Since Scarf Terrakion is so popular though, there's really not much to say about it. CC for heavy loads of damage to pretty much anything that doesn't resist it, Stone Miss for Ho-Oh and Lugia, X-Scissor for Psychic and Dark types like Mewtwo and Deoxys, and Earthquake for Excadrill and Dialga without worrying about the Defense drop that you get from CC.

That's my team, I guess :p Please rate and leave some constructive criticism, as it would really help me improve my team. Well, see ya!
(Oh, and if anyone could tell me how I could put sprites of my Pokemon up, that would be greatly appreciated :D Thanks!)

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Groudon's set doesn't really do anything for your team apart from paralyse things, and force support Pokemon out with Swords Dance (which Fire Blast already does). While paralysis can be cool, your team doesn't have Stealth Rock; moreover, you need to invest in Groudon's Phys.Def as it is your only Zekrom check, and it allows him to switch into ExtremeKiller and physical Rayquaza better too.

Groudon
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Stone Edge
item: Leftovers
ability: Drought
nature: Relaxed
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

While Thunder Wave would be nice, you simply cannot afford to run it, as Ho-Oh getting a free Substitute on Groudon = death.

Latias' EVs are suboptimal, it needs speed to hit pokemon such as Giratina-O, Palkia, and Garchomp (all speed tiers that Latias beats); shift 192 SpD EVs into Speed and change Latias's nature to Timid.

Put Toxic over Toxic Spikes on Forretress, otherwise checking opposing CM Ghost Arceus can be a bitch.

Unfortunately, this team is still weak to a lot of things, like CM Ghost Arceus, Ho-Oh, Kyurem-W (just spam Ice Beam), Sash NP Darkrai, Specs Dialga, Lustrous Palkia, Blaziken. But these problems cannot be fixed without changing 2 or more Pokemon.

good luck

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Your team is awfully weak to Calm Mind Arceus that can get past Latias, namely Dark and Ghost. Darkrai can also have quite a punch on your team as Terrakion is very easy to cripple. Blaziken too is fairly problematic for you to face, as +2 Flare Blitz dents everything in its path.

First thing, I gotta agree with all of Poppy's changes. That Groudon set is really suboptimal as you need something to take on physical hits better, and absolutely need Stealth Rock to limit Kyurem-W and Ho-Oh from switching in repeatedly. Latias should indeed run only 192 Spe EVs, but I advice an EV spread of 112 HP / 204 SpA / 192 Spe so Choice Scarf Kyogre will only have 17.19% to 2HKO you with Ice Beam and you get to OHKO Palkia with a single Dragon Pulse. Toxic > Toxic Spikes is definitely a bigger aid for your team, as you can easily cripple Pokemon trying to set up on Forretress, such as CM Arceus. You should also change its Defense EVs to 36 so you can avoid being 2HKOed by +1 Outrage from Rayquaza.

You should change your Ghost Arceus set to the support version. That way, you get to reliably counter Extreme Killer, Groudon, and Terrakion. An EV spread of 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe is solid, as you maximize your physical defense and get to outrun neutral base 90's. Run Will-O-Wisp > Calm Mind and Focus Blast > Flamethrower, so you could actually do something to Extreme Killer.

In order to patch up your CM Arceus weakness, I recommend Ho-Oh > Reshiram. Reshiram is definitely a beast, and one of the strongest Pokemon in the game, but Ho-Oh covers more Pokemon that your team is weak to while still putting lots of pressure with its terrifying SubRoost set. Moreover, thanks to its gigantic base HP and SpD, Ho-Oh can easily shrug off boosted Judgments and hit back hard with its STABs. The EV spread allows Ho-Oh to 2HKO 252 HP Arceus with a sun-boosted Sacred Fire after Stealth Rock, while still being extremely bulky, being able to take on +2 ExtremeSpeed from Extreme Killer and Mewtwo's +1 Psystrike.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)