BURNING SOUL!!!!!!!!!

BURNING SOUL!!!!!!

welcome to my first RMT!!!!!!!!! I've been on smogon for a while checking out teams looking at the different ratings and stuff , but never actually made an RMT of my own, so please be gentle :)
A few weeks ago i saw a guy who was using a sun team with a sunny day ninetails, which destroyed my rain team, so i decided to try out a sun team. After looking at the diiferent sun abusers that exist i noticed that my favorite pokemon was present, Charizard. I know what your thinking "charizard sucks cause of his SR weakness" WRONG! With good prediction and a good rapid spinner charizard can be the most devistating pokemon in the metagame , but i'll get in to that later.

Team building process:

so this is how my team started out! with my star pokemon and obviously the ninetails which is neccessairy for every sun team.

After charizard, i obviously was in need of a spinner, so i chose donphan, a reliable , bulky earth type pokemon, with decent attack.

here i wanted to add more sun abusers to the team so that if charizard went down i could still be able to finish the opponent off with my other pokemon.

after the adding sweeper phase i quickly realised that my team was in need of some special bulk who can do well under sun and could Twave the opponents team, so i went with jirachi.

after testing the first version out, jirachi didn't work vey well so i decided to take another beast of the sun HEATRAN!!!!!! And well sawsbuck was good actually but a friend suggested venusaur and he was just better and lasted longer.

after more testing i saw that donphan was not the best choice because it added on to the water weaknesses ,+ he wasnt that great so i decided to choose the dragon killer instead with his deadly icicle spear and access to toxic spikes which help charizard or venusaur to sweep.

after even more testing i saw that cloyster kept getting killed by spatk electric pokemon so i decided to add another earth pokemon in donphan's stead... Dugtrio which is the pokemon i use to destroy sand teams, unfortunatly i had to let go of arcanine who was a good physical sweeper. And this is the FINAL TEAM!

In deapth:

KURAMA

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 40 HP / 216 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- SolarBeam
- Sunny Day

this is my ninetails!!! you are probably asking yourself why i didnt put ninetails full speed, well its because i mainly use ninetails aginst other weather enducers and tyranitar's speed are much lower than ninetails's so I put what I took off in speed in HP . Also despite the fact that ninetails is my weather inducer , he also is a pretty good offensive pokemon , this is why you don't see him with the usual will-O-wisp set because he packs a pretty mean punch under the sun.

DRACO

Charizard (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Overheat
- Air slash
- Dragon Pulse
- SolarBeam

Welcome DRACO the coolest most awsome and probably strongest pokemon of my team!!!! He has always been my favorite pokemon and it bummed me out when i started playing stratagy and i realised he wasn't very good because of SR weakness + even with a spinner he wasnt very special when it came to his stats . But thank god that dream world gave charizard an awsome abilitty called solar power which acts like a choice specs , this allows charizard to switch between moves while having choice specs , but thats not good enough is it? so i decided at first to give Draco solar power + choice specs which destroyed practically any pokemon that opposed it but then i realised that he did not have the speed to keep up with the usual speedy threats like latios, alakasam, terrakion etc... So i decided to give him choice scarf which allows him to have a sort of double choice item. Charizard is not a good sweeper persay except in special circumstances however he revenge kills anything that dosnt resist it especially with overheat. He also works in great synergy with ninetails thanks to his flying type.

LANZADOR

Cloyster (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Icicle Spear
- Toxic Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Rapid Spin

basically when i chose cloyster i was hesitating between him , tentacruel and starmie (who was my first choice) but the two other spinners only work in rain because they use water attacks usually and if i wanted the better ice type user , cloyster was the clear choice, with his good bulk. I use toxic spikes over spikes or SR because the Tspikes allow charizard and venusaur to sweep better or revenge kill if the enemy's life is low. He is also a good addition to my team because i was lacking ICE power and it allowed me to kill all the annoying dragons that stopped me , such as dragonite, salamance ...

PHOTOSYNTHESIS

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } Venusaur (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth

Venusaur is probably the second best asset of my team beacause of its massive speed thanks to Chlorophyll and its amazing sp atk after 1 or 2 growths thanks to his attack coverage not much can stop venusaur after 2 growths , with hp fire , under sun he kills pretty much any steel type except heatran, other venusaurs etc... Giga drain allows him to regain the life he lost because of life orb and sludge bomb allows him to kill dragon types.
Thers not much to say about him, he is the sweeper of the team , mainly late-game because he can finish any pokemon off , except heatran.

GANG STARR

Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch

This is one of the most fun of my team , after i send him out against my opponent's heatran tyranitar or even politoad with one reversal , heatran and tyranitar die or earthquake if the enemie's balloon popped. he is basically the weather killer , he comes in and makes sure that drought stays in action, he is also a good offemsive pokemon thanks to his great speed . When he gets hit by heatran or tyranitar's attack his life usually drops to one and then it allows me to kill them and if he is still alive after that he allows me to hurt the next pokemon pretty bad or i can keep him for later , he also helps me to destroy any electric type that would enoy cloyster.

HEPHAESTUS

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 104 Def / 152 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower

Meet the beast/supporter of my team :)
heatran is probably the most used pokemon in the whole metagame and thats because he is simply put a multitasker, he can take on any role, from sweeper to supporter to tank , evem to revenge killer. I took heatran to replace jirachi because i lost to another sun team and didn't have a counter so i chose heatran as supporter who can also be a beast in the sun. I also needed a taunt user so you know , what the hell :)

ONE LAST LOOK AT THE TEAM:

Thank you and please propose any chages to the team except taking off charizard of course ;)

IMPORTABLE:

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 40 SDef / 216 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- SolarBeam
- Sunny Day

Charizard (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Overheat
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- SolarBeam

Cloyster (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Icicle Spear
- Toxic Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Rapid Spin

Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch

Venusaur (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 104 Def / 152 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower

Hey FPK. This looks like a pretty good team, but you're being overreliant on Dugtrio to kill off your team's threats. Terrakion, Heatran and Tyranitar all completely wall you if they aren't taken out by Dugtrio, and since they're commonly used on the same team, and any good player won't let such an important pokemon be trapped easily, you'll struggle.

Tbh Charizard is the weak link, you really don't need it on this team. Instead there are a couple of strong options you could replace it with. CB or Scarf Terrakion fits very well, beating Tar / Heatran / Blissey while also breaking down other walls generally. Give it a try and see how it works out.

Venusaur can't learn giga drain in bw ou, when you play, you are in dream world, my change :
-fire blast over overheat (charizard)
-modest nature on venusaur
-solarbeam over giga drain on venusaur
-stone edge over sucker punch on dugtrio
hope i helped ;)

this is a pretty cool looking team, I always wanted to use charizard in OU. Right now, you lacka solid switch in to terrakion. I suggest making venusaur a leech seed variant to take its hits well. Also you should use focus blast over dragon pulse on charizard as well as fire blast/flamethrower over overheat so he can stay in longer. I also am not quite sure what heatran checks. As it is, this team will struggle to pass many special dragons. I think SpD heatran can check them pretty well.
Venusaur@ Black Sludge
Bold: 192 HP / 252 Def / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
-Leech Seed
-HP fire
-Sleep Powder
-Substitute/Protect

Charizard@ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature 4 Def, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Foucs Blast (for tyranitar)
-Air Slash
-Hidden power ice

Heatran @ leftovers
calm: 248 HP, 252 SDef, 8 Spe
-lava plume
-roar
-protect
-HP ice/will-o-wisp/toxic

Good luck this team looks cool and has a lot more potential than some other current threads...

Cool team, I love playing in the sun as well.
First thing sun battling really isn't stall oriented, it's fast and strong. WIth that in mind, I think toxic spikes is a waste on cloyster. If you have the free move to lay them, you really should be shell smashing and sweeping instead.

While Charizard is great, I think there are so many better revenge killing sun options. Plus it really forces Cloyster out early to spin and kind of defeats the whole purpose of having Cloyster. If you want fire and a good fighting resist Victini choice scarfed V-Create kills everything and is a good revenge and run poke. Also Darmanitan scarfed can be a great revenge, as well as Chandelure who has the highest spattack stat outside of ubers. I know Charizard is so cool, but in ou he is just so outclassed. I know you asked not to, so sorry in advance for saying drop him.

Outside of CLoyster your team is dragon and Gliscor fodder. I know ninetales has hp ice, but he cant outspeed or ohko anything with that and you really dont want him facing any dragons. I'd say drop willo on tran and give him hp ice. Gliscor is a common switch in to tran and that ohko's him all day. Tran also tanks outrages for you so it just makes sense.
Venusaur should be packing sleep powder. Gives him a free growth which is what you need to wreck everything. It also lets you get the upperhand on a poke that otherwise walls him, mainly Heatran who this team is pretty weak to, mainly flame charge tran who pretty much sweeps this team.
Ninetales is a huge asset, and this team is super dependant on him. I think you need to focus on keeping him alive. Willow is great for weakening your checks that will usually swap into nine after it brings the sun. You can burn and switch in dugtrio of Venus for the kill. Also since I strongly feel ninetales should never stay in long, I think overheat is a bit more useful than flamethrower as its so much stronger. EV wise I dont think nine needs to go above 263 speed so i'd suggest dropping those down to 112 and invest the rest in some bulk. If you go any higher than 263 he's still being outsped by anything that would outspeed him, as Poli and T-tar need to be scarfed to get over that number.
Hope that stuff helps.
Good luck with your team

Edit - Just a thought, have you considered a wish Jirachi? His biggest weaknesses Charizard seems to have covered. You could draw in an earthquake or fire attack and wish switch out into charizard who comes in and commences destroying. Latias or Blissey could work nicely as well in that roll.

Oh pretty good Nice sun man!
Just take this move for heatran because chansey and blissey weak:

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SDef / 72 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
After put shell smash on toxic spike for Cloyster it's good and usefull.

Energy Ball on Ninetails instead of SolarBeam to hit Tyranitar and Politoed on the switch.
Might even want to go with choice specs if you want your Ninetails to really hit hard

@cosmic flinch. No, toxic spikes are great.
@lefties max power reversal says hello. Also it's a health source with leech seed venusaur.
@zaimin Ideally he would sunny day on the toed switch or switch to dug trio on the Ttar
KEEP TOXIC SPIKES

"@lefties max power reversal says hello. Also it's a health source with leech seed venusaur."
OK LOL ....
Man bliss defensive (yyyyy)

well thanks guys for the help and i'll definitly try out shell smash over Tspikes
and sleep powder on venusaur and all, thanks alot!

I'm fairly certain that Dragon Pulse is illegal with Solar Power on Charizard. :0 Maybe not Shell Smash on Cloyster necessarily, granted that's a great set, but you could just keep Cloyster the same and replace TSpikes with regular Spikes.

EDIT: Same goes for Giga Drain on Venusaur. DW Starter Pokemon cannot have Egg moves or 4th gen moves since all DW Starters are male.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)