Status: Done, feedback appreciated.
- Very bulky on both sides of the spectrum due to good HP.
- Unique typing which gives it awesome resistances and immunities, making it a great counter to common stuff.
- Decent Special Attack coupled with a nice Offensive Movepool balanced by a great Support one.
- Slow Speed and being grounded means it takes full Layer damage, as well as weakness to common Electric and Grass attacks.
name: Utility Counter
move 1: Boiling Water / Surf
move 2: Recover
move 3: Shadow Ball / Energy Ball / Ice Beam / Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Shadow Ball / Energy Ball / Ice Beam / Will-O-Wisp
ability: Water Absorb
evs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
- Awesome counter to a lot of things, such as but not limited to Urugamosu, Kobaruon, Roopushin, Heatran, Infernape, Blaziken, Empoleon.
- Easy to switch in on Water, Ice, Fighting, Normal, and Fire moves.
- Last incredibly long because of reliable recovery on Recover.
- Can Burn foes so they dont hit it on its weaker side, the Physical one.
- Last 2 spots are determined by preference. Shadow Ball is a good STAB move that will have good coverage with its Water STAB. Will-O-Wisp is better used when youre not using Boiling Water on Burungeru, as it gives it a solid Status move. Ice Beam hits Grass and Dragon types that would otherwise wall Burungeru badly. Toxic is a great move to have since it hits Water types and its a good annoying move.
- Calm is used to make Burungeru a solid Special Wall that will hardly ever lose to Special Attackers.
- Offers Spin Block for the team.
- Good option for a team that requires a Spin Blocker, as it can take on most of the Spinners with relative ease.
- Pokemon like Skarmory, Scizor, Empoleon, and others, that love Fire and Water Pokemon out really appreciate Burungeru.
- Good synergy with Blissey, Snorlax, Randorosu, and Sazandora.
- Gets walled badly by Blissey, Snorlax, Water Types if its not running Energy Ball, and Grass Types if its not running Ice Beam.
- As it uses no SpA investment, things with decent Special Defense like Jolteon or Denchura can come in without worrying and threaten with STAB Super Effective moves, as will Jaroda and Nattorei.
- Typing wise, Steel, Grass, Ground, Rock, and Dark Pokemon are great to work with when using Burungeru.
- Gliscor is a good idea, as it can switch in on Electric attacks and use Taunt and Toxic to do big damage that can then be benefitial for Burungeru. Randorosu can help a lot too, but this one assumes the work of hitting stuff hard so that Burungeru will finish them later.
- Things like Snorlax, Nattorei, and Special Walls that enjoy Pokemon burned to wall better also like Burungeru.
- Pain Split can be used if you want to do damage while regaining health, but Recover is more often a better option.
- Hydro Pump can be used as the Water STAB for greater damage output, but the low PP and Accuracy are big hindrances.
- Energy Ball can be used on the last spot to hit Waters.
- Night Shade is also a good option in the last spot since it does fixed damage and can help break subs that other wise you wouldnt be able to.
- Can shift EVs to Defense in order to bump its bulkyness on the Physical side.
- Bulky Water types with recovery will be Burungeru's bane if its not running Toxic, such as Vaporeon and Milotic, as it will more often than not end on a PP war.
- Celebi, Jaroda, Shaymin, and Nattorei can take everything Burungeru uses and retaliate with Grass STAB.
- Tyranitar and Sazandora canswitch in and they must be wary of a burn, but they can threaten with Super Effective STAB.
- Electric Pokemon like Jolteon, Denchura, Zapdos or Borutorosu can also OHKO Burungeru.
- Burungeru gets Damp as its Dream World ability. Yeah, useless.