But there's no weather on this team!

So after dipping my hands in OU for a lil bit I decided to try my hand at UU and see how well I can do. I knew where I wanted to start my team off at and then built up from there.

Azelf
Ability: Levitate
Item: Lum Berry (maybe try leftovers)
Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 S.Attack
Psyshock
Stealth Rocks
Taunt
U-Turn

Here is a pretty solid lead that offers initial control. EV choices to make him a lil meatier as well as keeping him ahead of the other teams lead. Taunt with his high speed means they cant set up or get the status effect off. SR to set up my own hazards and U-Turn to get out of unfavorable matchups. Psyshock for the STAB and to get around the pink blobs insane S.Def.

Kingdra
Ability: Sniper
Item: Life Orb (may swap for Leftovers as well)
Nature: Jolly (-S.Attack, +Speed)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Attack
Outrage
Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Yawn

This guy can be a beast if he sets up. Yawn is to try and force the switch allowing him to get a free DD or 2 in. DD for the obvious set up. Outrage and Waterfall are both hard hitting STABs with waterfall being neutral to the only type that resists dragon. Not sure about his EVs or item though.

Nidoqueen
Ability: Sheer Force
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Modest (+S.Attack, -Attack)
EVs: 252 S.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Earth Power
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

I prefer the queen over the king because she has a bit better defensive stat spread allowing for me to focus more into her higher speed and getting her lower S.Attack up to snuff. Typical Sheer Force Nido moveset with BoltBeam to victory! Backed up by Flamethrower for the pesky steel types and STAB superEQ for what those 3 aren't SE on.

Hitmontop
Ability: Technitian
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -S.Attack)
EVs: 252 Attack, 236 HP, 20 Def
Aerial Ace
Close Combat
Mach Punch
Rapid Spin

Here is my spinning fighter. Aerial Ace for going against other fighting types as well as covering bug and grass. Mach Punch for my (sadly) only priority move. CC is his go to move other than Aerial Ace and Rapid Spin should be pretty obvious. He is a pretty good revenge killer with his mach punch but usually just waits for when I need rapid spin.

Spiritomb
Ability: Pressure
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP, 252 S.Attack, 4 S.Def
Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse/Sucker Punch/Pursuit
Nasty Plot
Will-O-Wisp

My special sweeper and spin blocker in one. Miss-O-Wisp for when I switch into the fighting predictions to kill their physical sweeper's damage. Nasty Plot when I get a chance to set up. Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse are his STAB sweep moves. I am thinking about Sucker Punch or Pursuit instead of Dark Pulse since he'll almost never get the flinch because of his slow speed.

Kyurem
Ability: Pressure
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 S.Def
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast
Stone Edge

How did this guy get in UU? Great offensive stats, add some def bulk EVs and toss in a scarf item and he can swoop in and drop most anything and covering 11 of 17 types for SE damage. I am, however, thinking of some possible changes to him in the form of +leftovers and changing stone edge for Sub, giving him very bulky subs that can take S.Toss like a champ.

Umm, have you even used Azlef before?

Azlef @ Focus Sash

Explosion
Stealth Rock
Protect
*Filler*

Protect against stupid Ambipom's Fake Out, then set-up rocks, then Explode. Simple, effective. Obviously a good player will switch, just check the variation to see if they can play (if they can they will make a switch)

Kingdra set is good :D
Nidoqueen set is standard

No Fake Out on Hitmontop? Loos Close Combat. Hitmontop is not looking to deal huge damage, he is a General Support Pokemon.

Loose Nasty Plot on Spiritomb. Get both Pursuit and Sucker Punch. Screw coverage, lol.

Kyurem needs Draco. Thats what Scarf is all about. And whats up with your EV's? 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed. Keep it simple. Loose Stone Edge, go with HP Fire, more reliable than Focus Blast and sometimes all you need.

Uh, rather cool here, but Kyurem is banned from UU.

@S Bird: The Azelf set posted IS the standard. Even if there's an Ambi lead you can just go to Spiritomb to eat the Fake Out, Ambi can't do anything except U-Turn. I'd probably go for Fire Blast over U-Turn though.

For Kingdra: use ChestoRest for DD. Really. Boost as much as you can with Kingdra's respectable 85/95/95 bulk, then immediately restore your HP and sweep.

Nidoqueen: Um, no. Nidoking > Nidoqueen. Why would you be worried that Nidoking's lower bulk hurts him? Sweepers can't really be bothered about bulk, really.

Top: Don't use Aerial Ace. Just use Fake Out, Top has no business with flying types.

Spiritomb: special sweeper > Pursuit/Sucker Punch. what? Just use Dark Pulse or HP Fighting, really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)