Other BW Animated Pokemon Icons

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well typically when I make these images, they are already hosted on the Internet, usually as a .png. I convert those to a .gif and group them all together. I've searched everywhere for these Castform sprites, but couldn't find them anywhere. As a result, I decided to take a crack at animating them myself.

I used the base animation of regular Castform and spliced accordingly. They're set to the same frame rate as all of the other sprites. The Sunny and Rainy formes should be the exact same as the same sprites. The Snow forme was a little more difficult to animate because of those tentacle things. I dunno if the real sprite goes over or under. I presumed over because it looked a lot better when I compared them. So here's my homebrews; they're as spot on as you're going to find on the Internet at this time. Enjoy!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi where are the icons onsite, I have been working on bringing them all onsite, sadly the new icons are not animated but I am sure the new versions may be appreciated.

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't think these ever got put on the site. There wasn't anyone willing to do it.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oof well I'll get around to getting the xy sprites all collected up by December.

As I understand new dex layout designs we will be relying on minipsprites, so chaos knows they XY ones are 40x32 pixels.

Last edited:
Hey lads
quick question
where on earth are the animated sprites?
edit: sorry just realized the zip files have them i thought they were just the plain icon frames

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)