BW NU Threatlist [GP 2/2] [HTML Needed]

Wow thank you Jellicent for all the work you put into this. I've updated the OP as well as reserved Shelgon for myself

Glaceon
Type: Ice
Base Stats: 65 HP / 60 Atk / 110 Def / 130 SpA / 95 SpD / 65 Spe
Ability: Snow Cloak / Ice Body

With the highest Special Attack in NU, Glaceon is certainly a threat. Choice Specs Ice Beam tears through pretty much anything that can't resist it, while Shadow Ball and Hidden Power round out coverage nicely. With moves such as Wish, Protect, Baton Pass, Heal Bell, and Roar, Glaceon can run a decent support set as well. Its biggest fault is probably its Ice typing, along with its terrible offensive movepool and low Speed. It can function well under Trick Room, and will happily spam Blizzard if you set up hail, but outside of these conditions, it will often get outsped and slammed with any of Ice's many weaknesses.

Bastiodon
Type: Rock / Steel
Base Stats: 60 HP / 52 Atk / 168 Def / 47 SpA / 138 SpD / 30 Spe
Ability: Sturdy / Soundproof

As one of the few Steel-types lingering in NU, Bastiodon is definitely always worth considering. It has impeccable bulk, a support movepool that includes Steal Rock, Roar, Toxic, and Taunt, and a ton of useful resistances. It can also utilize STAB Metal Burst to punish faster opponents that try to take it out. Unfortunately for Bastiodon, its few weaknesses are extremely common. Fighting- and Ground-type attacks are standard on most physical sweepers, compromising that great Defense stat. Meanwhile, Water-type assaults such as Surf prey on its weaker Special Defense, often spelling game over for this ancient behemoth.

Just a heads up: Zebstrika was written by Molk, not me. Also, I already wrote Beheeyem >.>

Oooh, and you might as well mark Sunflora and Vespiquen as reserved, cuz those will be my next two ^.^

Edit:

Vespiquen
Type: Bug / Flying
Base Stats: 70 HP / 80 Atk / 102 Def / 80 SpA / 102 SpD / 40 Spe
Ability: Pressure / Unnerve (Unreleased)

Vespiquen has very impressive bulk for an NU, as well as some great resistances. It can easily stall out many opponents with a simple SubRoost set, using Toxic to bring its foe to their knees. Attack Order is a great STAB with a higher chance for a critical hit, making that lower base Attack pretty manageable offensively. It's biggest downfall is that depressing 4x weakness to Rock, which means Stealth Rock will chip off half of its HP with every switch in. Keeping Stealth Rock up, or using a Rock-type such as Rampardos, will ensure its doom. Swellow, Bastiodon, and Lairon will also spell disaster for this one-trick pony wall.

Reserving Cacturne next

Haven't forgotten about this. I'll try to add in more later. For now, here's Sunflora ^.^

Sunflora
Type: Grass
Base Stats: 75 HP / 75 Atk / 55 Def / 105 SpA / 85 SpD / 30 Spe
Ability: Chrolophyll / Solar Power / Early Bird

With Chlorophyll and Solar Power at its disposal, Sunflora is a real threat under sun. Solar Power is the preferred ability, as it increases Sunflora's Special Attack by 50%. Sunflora can set up the sun itself or simply switch in after a teammate sets it up before firing off a powerful STAB SolarBeam. It also has Morning Sun to heal off some of the residual damage from Solar Power, while Hidden Power and Earth Power offer solid coverage. However, due to its low Speed and overall frailty, it is far from unstoppable. Charizard also has Solar Power, carries STAB Fire attacks, and easily outspeeds Sunflora. Other threats, such as Braviary, Rotom-S, and Swellow, are faster and carry STAB super effective assaults, while bulkier Pokemon such as Amoonguss can tank Sunflora's attacks and simply stall out Sunny Day.

Edit: And Cacturne ^.^

Cacturne
Type: Grass / Dark
Base Stats: 70 HP / 115 Atk / 60 Def / 115 SpA / 60 SpD / 55 Spe
Ability: Sand Veil / Water Absorb

Cacturne is one of the few viable Spikes users in NU. Although slow, STAB Sucker Punch gives it powerful priority coming off of its Base 115 Attack. Swords Dance can boost that Attack stat even higher, while its equally impressive Special Attack stat allows it to go mixed. Immunities to Psychic- and Water-type attacks (with Water Absorb) provides it with ample opportunities to switch in freely. Its low Speed allows it to function well on Trick Room teams as well, which are often in need of strong Dark-types and could always use the Spikes support. It is difficult to stop a +2 Sucker Punch, but there are several checks that can keep Cacturne in line. Fighting types such as Sawk, Throh, and Gurdurr are usually the best options, as they resist Sucker Punch and can OHKO Cacturne with their own STAB attacks.

Reserving Frillish next, cuz, like, I'm Jellicent. Gotta look out for my lil bro.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Can we please stop slapping the overdone "duh, it's flaw is being an Ice type!" on every Ice type analysis? If a pokemon can make use of its Ice STAB then it's not a flaw!

Please edit the previous posts and try to be a bit more professional.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Uh Jellicent mentioned the draws of Ice-type STAB offensively. Are you trying to say SR weaknesses or Ice-type, or Fighting- and Fire-type weaknesses are something to be proud of? If any type of Golem discussion / analysis / blurb didn't mention its terrible weaknesses it'd just be an untrue / skewed / dishonestly omitting important details. Doesn't prevent Golem from actually good in NU. We're not here to slander Glaceon. That being said, we're not here to praise its (non-existent) defensively brilliant typing.

Jelly's being as professional as anyone can possibly be unless professional means praising its weaknesses ?_?

ps: to actually contribute to the thread i'll take Mushy and Haunter

Still here, I've just been working waaay too much lately ;-;

Frillish
Type: Water / Ghost
Base Stats: 55 HP / 40 Atk / 50 Def / 65 SpA / 85 SpD / 40 Spe
Ability: Water Absorb / Cursed Body / Damp

Frillish fills the unique role of a bulky Water-type that can spinblock. With an Eviolite, its Special Defense becomes very impressive; because that is Frillish's only notable stat, a specially defensive set can almost always be assumed. Recover keeps Frillish healthy as it stalls out burn or poison damage on the foe, which it can inflict with Will-O-Wisp and Toxic respectively. Taunt is also an alternative to prevent the opponent from setting up on Frillish. Trick is one of the best answers to Frillish, as without an Eviolite, its bulk drops significantly. Taunt will also shut it down, leaving it with just Night Shade to fend off the opposition. Powerful Grass- or Electric-type attacks will often still break though it, while Pursuit will easily take care of any Frillish attempting to escape.

I didn't say Damp was unreleased because it's been confirmed for BW2. Speaking of which, there'll probably be a lot of massive shakeups coming soon that might affect some of the already written portions of this article, so I'm not reserving anything else for the time being. I'll be back, though ;)

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Can I do Beartic? :3

There is probably gonna be a big shake up soon, so I'm gonna hold off for now.

OK now that the meta has settled and im not being lazy I'm going to update this. I went through all of the posts made so far and have removed threats that have since moved up, and added Golurk mentions where needed. I've also compiled a list of Pokemon that have changed so much that they will need to be rewritten. I'm sorry to the people that wrote them, but their role in the meta has changed drastically. Finally I've cut down the list of Pokemon that will be on the threatlist, taking into account the work people have already done(a borderline pokemon that has already been written will stay in, one that hasn't will be removed). The list of Pokemon that need to be rewritten:

Beheeyem (analytic is huge and should be the focus)
Armaldo: its a bigger threat Swift Swim + Aqua Tail is legal. It plays a larger role than what the writeup suggests
Articuno: plays a more offensive role now, Hurricane is pretty big.
Samurott: The special set needs to be more of a focus, it is at least equal to the SD set
Solrock: defensive set needs more of a mention
Frillish: Physically defensive is the standard now

Other than that I was able to do small updates to the Pokemon as needed.

I'm hoping to power through and get this done, and in doing so I am reserving Absol, Ampharos and Arbok for myself. You can reserve as you see fit, but please don't take forever to write them up. Ignore the poor formatting in the OP, I'm working on it and will make it pretty soon

Absol
Type: Dark
Base Stats: 65 HP /130 Atk / 60 def /75 SpA / 60 SpD / 75 Spe
Ability: Pressure / Super Luck / Justified

Absol possesses the strongest priority move in Pokemon. STAB Sucker Punch coming from Base 130 Attack hurts everything. Absol is generally used as an all-out attacker in NU, utilizing his near perfect coverage(Croagunk) with Night Slash and Superpower, and using Sucker Punch as priority. The last move is what really determines what kind of Pokemon Absol is. The last moveslot is given to either Pursuit or Swords Dance. Pursuit turns Absol into one of the most dangerous trappers in the metagame, capable of OHKOing many Pokemon who dare switchout, and forcing many mindgames between Pursuit and Sucker Punch, where a misprediction leads to the defeat of a Pokemon. Swords Dance turns Absol into one of the most threatening sweepers in Pokemon. Absol reaches an astounding 788 Attack after a Swords Dance, which when combined with a Life Orb gives him the ability to OHKO nearly every non-resist, and even some resists in the tier. Absol also has enough Special Attack to run Fire Blast to KO Tangela if it switches into Night Slash or Superpower, although Tangela's popularity has been dropping recently, so this is not as good of a strategy as it used to be. Absol also occasionally runs a choice item, this drops his power significantly though and should only be used if your team really needs it.

Ampharos
Type: Electric
Base Stats: 90 HP / 75 Atk / 75 Def / 115 SpA / 90 SpD / 55 Spe
Abilities: Static / Plus

Ampharos is one of the more interesting Electric-types in NU. It doesn't fill a defensive role, and generally doesn't fulfill an offensive one either. Ampharos is a support Pokemon if there ever was one; it uses a combination of Heal Bell, respectable bulk and Volt Switch to cure the team of status and work as a pivot for more balanced teams. Ampharos has the stats to run either a physical or special defensive set, though the physically defensive Ampharos is more common right now to take advantage of Ampharos' handy ability Static. A physically defensive set allows Ampharos to tank a myriad of attacks and serves as an interesting switch-in to a huge offensive threat named Cinccino. Since Static has a chance of activating on each of the five hits the battle usually ends with the opposing Cinccino paralyzed. A specially defensive set is still very viable as Ampharos has more natural Special Defence to begin with, but does not wall as much as the metagame is very physically inclined right now. Ampharos also has the ability to become a sweeper with Agility, though will struggle to sweep against a team that has not been weakened substantially. Ampharos also has the ability to use Choice Specs quite well, though it is slow and struggles against common threats such as Golurk.

Arbok
Type: Poison
Base Stats: 60 HP / 85 Atk / 69 Def / 65 SpA / 79 SpD / 80 Spe
Abilities: Intimidate / Shed Skin / Unnerve
Arbok is the perfect abuser of Coil. He has two great abilities to help him set-up, many coverage options including a priority move and Earthquake. Coil also increases the accuracy of his STAB move of choice, Gunk Shot. Arbok appears to be custom made to abuse Coil, even capable of overcoming its less than stellar stats. Arbok's mono Poison typing also gives him a very handy set of resists in NU, resisting the powerful Fighting-type moves and Grass-type moves, giving him more opportunities to set-up. The Coil set generally runs Earthquake and Sucker Punch to work with Coil and Gunk Shot, giving Arbok solid coverage as well as a lot of power after a few boosts. The choice between the two abilities is difficult, Intimidate gives Arbok more immediate opportunities to use Coil, while Shed Skin's status immunity gives him more long-term opportunities to abuse Coil. Generally Intimidate is preferred since Arbok may have trouble finding any room to set-up otherwise. Outside of Coil Arbok has some interesting options: it has Switcheroo and can use it with a Choice Band set to cripple defensive counters such as Amoonguss or Alomomola. Arbok also has Glare, a Normal-type move that is capable of paralyzing ground types unlike Thunder Wave. These sets are generally inferior since Arbok is almost always better off using Coil. Arbok is not the most common threat but is very capable of being a large one and should be prepared for because of this.

now I'm reserving Armaldo, Articuno and Butterfree. I'll get these done in threes!

Reserving Omanyte and Carracosta. (Water/Rocks ftw)

Omanyte
Type: Rock / Water
Base Stats: 35 HP / 40 Atk / 100 Def / 90 SpA / 55 SpD / 35 Spe
Abilities: Shell Armor / Swift Swim / Weak Armor

With access to all three forms of entry hazards, Omanyte is one of the best Spikers in the tier. Omanyte's exceptional Defense stat combined with Eviolite allows Omanyte to take on many physical attackers. Swellow fails to do much damage, while Braviary fails to 2HKO with Superpower. Omanyte's base 90 Special Attack allows Omanyte to run an offensive Spikes set as well. With Shell Smash and Swift Swim from rain support, Omanyte can be a potent offensive threat that can even outspeed opposing Scarfers, but this isn't recommended since there are many better Rain sweepers. Unfortunately, Omanytes's multiple weaknesses and lackluster Special Defense allow Omanyte to get forced out rather easily.

Carracosta
Type: Rock / Water
Base Stats: 74 HP / 108 Atk / 133 Def / 83 SpA / 65 SpD / 32 Spe
Abilities: Solid Rock / Sturdy / Swift Swim

Carracosta is a formidable threat with it's access to Shell Smash and STAB Stone Edge. Unlike other Shell Smashers such as Gorebyss, Carracosta gets priority in the form of Aqua Jet which can KO weakened Scarfers that would otherwise outspeed Carracosta. His base 133 Defense and Sturdy allows Carracosta to get multiple set up opportunities. Other than sweeping with Shell Smash, Carracosta can be a formidable tank due to its access to Stealth Rock. With an amazing ability in Solid Rock, Carracosta can take some super-effective hits such as Braviary's Superpower. Carracosta can take a bulky sweeper route through using Curse to boost his two highest base stats, Attack and Defense. The speed drops from Curse is slightly mitigated through priority Aqua Jet.

I'll reserve eelektross, skuntank, zangoose, and fraxure.

Eelektross
Electric Type
Base Stats: 85 HP / 115 Atk / 80 Def / 105 SpA / 80 SpD / 50 Spe
Abilities: Levitate

Eelektross is truly one of the most magnificent pokemon available in the NU tier. With mono-electric typing and the ability Levitate, it is the only NU tier pokemon with no weaknesses. His stats are also very well distributed. With 85 / 80 / 80 defenses and no weaknesses, Eelektross is an incredibly sturdy pokemon. And with 115 / 105 mixed offenses, eel can make quick work of it's adversaries. He may have low speed, but it is remidies with its great bulk. The icing on the cake for this shocking pokemon is his fantastic movepool. Using Volt switch, Thunderbolt, Giga Drain, and Flamethrower, and even Acid Spray, Eelektross can abuse a specially offensive set. A Choice Band set is also common, abusing moves like U-Turn, Wild Charge, Thunderpunch, Superpower, Fire Punch, Drain Punch, and Aqua Tail. He also has Coil, which allows him to boost his bulk as well as power and accuracy and it can be abused with Dragon Tail. In conclusion, Eelektross is a fantastic bulky pivot and booster with great power, bulk, typing, and movepool options.

Skuntank
Dark / Poison Type
Base Stats: 103 HP / 93 Atk / 67 Def / 71 SpA / 61 SpA / 84 Spe
Abilities: Stench, Aftermath, Keen Eye (released DW)

Skuntank has a very special niche in the NU tier. That niche is to be a Pursuit trapper. With unique Dark/Poison typing (shared only with Drapion and Skun's prevo Stunky) and decent 103 / 67 / 61 defenses, Skuntank can take hits due to only having one weakness, to Ground. With a solid movepool, Skuntank is among the tiers most accomplished Pursuit trappers. With strong moves like Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Crunch, and Poison Jab, Skuntank is a potent offensive threat. Skuntank is also known for his uncanny ability to ruin stall single handedly with his great typing and Taunt. Skuntank can also do other, less common, options such as Memento for a teammate, explode, or go mixed with Fire Blast or HP Grass. All in all, Skuntank is a fantastic stall breaker and Pursuit trapper in the NU tier.

Zangoose
Normal Type
Base Stats: 73 HP / 115 Atk / 60 Def / 60 SpA / 60 SpD / 90 Spe
Abilities: Immunity , Toxic Boost (released DW)

Zangoose does one thing and one thing only. That is smash everything that gets in his way. Whether you go for a 4 attack or SD set, Zangoose has extreme power thanks to his recently released ability, Toxic Boost. With perfect coverage and a 140 base power no-drawbacks STAB move and STAB priority, Zangoose is public enemy #1 in NU. However, even with his massive power, speed, and coverage, Zangoose is in no way unstoppable due to his paper thin defenses. Also, Zangoose is forced to either give up on the power from SD, or give up on the coverage granted by Night Slash. All in all though, Zangoose is a massive threat headlined by it's rare cobination of speed, power, and coverage.

Fraxure
Dragon Type
Base Stats: 66 HP / 117 Atk / 70 Def / 40 SpA / 50 SpD / 67 Spe
Abilities: Rivalry, Mold Breaker, Unnerve (released DW)

Fraxure has it's own thing going for it, as it's one of the few Dragon types in the NU tier. It's also the most powerful. With a mighty 117 base attack, decent enough base 67 speed, and solid bulk with Eviolite, Fraxure is by far the most threatening of all the Dragon types. He also has perfect coverage between Outrage and Superpower/Low Kick. Some other perks he has include his Mold Breaker ability which allows him to smash through Sturdy and other abilities. He also can run two major sets, including CB which allows him to destroy anything that isn't extremely bulky without need to set up, but his DD set is faster, stronger, and able to sweep very capably late game. In the end, Fraxure is a fearsome slayer of dreams that can easily dismantle anything slower or foolish enough to switch into his writhing fury.

Armaldo
Type: Rock / Bug
Base Stats: 75 HP / 125 Atk / 100 Def / 70 SpA / 80 SpD / 45 Spe
Abilities:Battle Armor / Swift Swim
Armaldo has cemented itself as the premiere spinner in NU - sporting Base 125 Attack and excellent coverage to go a long with Rapid Spin. Armaldo is capable of getting past every Ghost-type in the tier with a Swords Dance set, allowing him to get a spin at a different point in the match. Aqua Tail is the coverage move of choice, working alongside Stone Edge to give it the ability to hit all Ghost-types for neutral damage. Armaldo also has the potential to become a potent Wallbreaker with a Choice Band, running X-Scissor and Earthquake along with the aforementioned Aqua Tail and Stone Edge, ripping through nearly every physical wall in the tier. Armaldo also has access to Rock Polish, which doubles his Speed and can allot him to clean up late game, as a +2 Armaldo is quite fast, and quite bulky considering Armaldo's natural bulk. Armaldo's typing is both a blessing and a curse, since if gives him great STABs but leaves him susceptible to many attacks.

Articuno
Type: Ice / Flying
Base Stats: 90 HP / 85 Atk / 100 Def / 95 SpA / 125 SpD / 85 Spe
Abilities: Pressure / Snow Cloak (Unreleased)

Articuno has quickly risen to become one of the most threatening Pokemon in NU. Her powerful offensive STABs coming off of Base 95 Special Attack allow her to rip most offensive teams to shreds with her STABs alone. Ice Beam and Hurricane have amazing neutral coverage, with Hidden Power Ground rounding it out to hit the few Steel-types in the tier. Articuno is also able to abuse Roost very well, using her ability Pressure to force her opponents out of PP very quickly. A SubRoost set is very potent, since Articuno is most threatening when behind a substitute, where she can abuse her amazing natural bulk, speed and offense. Articuno's stats really give her a lot to work with, with only her typing letting her down. a 4X Stealth Rock weakness is hard to come back from, yet Articuno is able to function quite well even without a spinner. A lesser seen Articuno set is a Choice Specs set, where Articuno launches high-powered Ice Beams at the opposition, and can safely U-Turn early game to gain momentum.

Beheeyem
Type: Psychic
Base Stats: 75 HP / 75 Atk / 75 Def / 125 SpA / 95 SpD / 45 Spe
Abilities: Telepathy / Synchronize / Analytic

Dream World has finally released what Beheeyem has long been waiting for, Analytic. Analyic turns Beheeyem into an offensive behemoth instead of a subpar Psychic-type that he used to be. With Analytic Beheeyem has many sets that he can abuse: a 4 attack Choice Specs set is the most immediately dangerous, running Thunderbolt, Signal Beam and Hidden Power Ground alongside Psychic to deal massive damage to every Pokemon in the metagame besides Shedinja. Specs Beheeyem even has a chance to OHKO Physically Defensie Regirock on the switch! With Analytic Beheeyem can also abuse a 3 attac + Recover set, dropping a move from the Specs set to increase it's survivability. Outside of Analytic Beheeyem is still the slowest Pokemon in NU with access to both Trick Room and Nasty Plot, making him a great Trick Room sweeper, allowing him to decimate any team without priority. A standard Nasty Plot or Calm Mind set is also viable, but not a recommended as Beheeyem has much better things to do.

Butterfree
Type: Bug / Flying
Base Stats: 60 HP / 45 Atk / 50 Def / 80 SpA / 80 SpD / 70 Spe
Abilities: Compoundeyes / Tinted Lens

Poor stats aside, Butterfree has carved a niche for herself in the NU metagame. Quiver Dance is an incredible move, and when combined with Sleep Powder and Butterfree's two amazing abilities she is the best user of it in NU. Tinted Lens is the preferred ability, sacrificing a near 100% accurate Sleep Powder for a much more powerful Bug Buzz, as many Pokemon resist it. With Tinted Lens the number of Butterfree counters drop greatly. Butterfree can also run a support set with Compoundeyes, abusing Stun Spore, Sleep Powder and U-Turn to cripple the opposing team before dying. Butterfree also has access to Tailwind, just increasing her ability to support the team.

Camerupt
Type: Fire / Ground
Base Stats: 70 HP / 100 Atk / 70 Def / 105 SpA / 75 SpD / 40 Spe
Abilities: Magma Armor / Solid Rock / Anger Point
Camerupt is a Pokemon who's niche has changed drastically recently. Formerly a defensive Pokemon focused on walling powerful Pokemon such as Magmortar, Camerupt has begun to take on a more offensive route abusing his Base 105 Special Attack. Rock Polish Camerupt is able to use high-powered moves such as Fire Blast and Earth Power to rip through teams. Camerupt can also use a physical Rock Polish set, but it is not as good because of the lack of a Fire-type STAB move. Camerupt can still play defensively and tank hits from Fire-type attackers such as Combusken or Charizard, but this is not recommended because Camerupt has subpar defenses, and should be focusing on it's offenses instead. Camerupt can also abuse Eruption with a Choice Specs set, which has the potential to destroy just about every Pokemoni n the metagame, however Camerupt's low speed means it rarely gets to use Eruption more then once.

Charizard
Type: Fire / Flying
Base Stats: 78 HP / 84 Atk / 78 Def / 109 SpA / 85 SpD / 100 Spe
Abilities: Blaze / Solar Power

Once thought to be broken due to the sheer power of its Specs set, Charizard is a Pokemon that is comfortably NU. Charizard is best used abusing Solar Power under Sunny Day, where it can use an incredibly powerful Fire Blast and destroy most of the tier. Charizard can potentially run a myriad of sets: Choice Specs has sheer power and almost nothing can avoid the 2HKO. A Choice Scarf set isn't quite as powerful, but is nearly impossible to outspeed and can decimate offensive teams. Charizard can also use sets without a Choice Item, using a SubRoost set outside of sun to force switches and wear down the opposition. Charizard can also run a self-sufficient Sunny Day set abusing Fire Blast and Solarbeam, which are both very hard to switch into with Solar Power. Charizard also has the ability to run a physical set, with Dragon Dance, Swords Dance and Belly Drum at his disposal. However Charizard will struggle to find a time to get a boost and is generally better off using a Special Attack set.

Combusken
Type: Fire / Fighting
Base Stats: 60 HP / 85 Atk / 60 Def / 85 SpA / 60 SpD / 55 Spe
Abilities: Blaze / Speed Boost

Combusken is the most common user of Speed Boost in the NU metagame. Speed Boost turns Combusken into a solid offensive Pokemon instead of a forgettable NFE. The most common Combusken set is a Special Attacker, using his two most powerful STABs, Fire blast and Focus Blast, as well as Protect to guarantee a Speed Boost, and Substitute to take advantage of forced switches. The Special Attacking Combusken has problems with accuracy, but the sheer power of Life Orb boosted attacks make up for it. Combusken can also run a potent Swords Dance set, although it will struggle to find time to boost, so will often be much weaker than the special variant because its moves have lower base power. Speed Boost means that if Combusken can get going it becomes very difficult to stop without priority.

will write later. I'll also add sprites next to all my mons in a bit, I'll deal with formatting once I get more written up. Also taking Camerupt, Charizard and Combusken for me when i get back. I'm going through them alphabetically!

OK now im taking Cradily, Dragonair and Drifblim!

Yonko7

is a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving pinsir and rapidash if no has yet. I'll get Beartic done tonight when I get home from. Work.

PROGRESS EDIT: Finished Wartortle, Electrode, Ursaring, and Linoone. Will be adding another post instead of putting more Pokemon in this one.

Wartortle
Type: Water
Base Stats: 59 HP / 63 Atk / 80 Def / 65 SpAtk / 80 SpDef / 58 Spe
Abilities: Torrent / Rain Dish

Usually neglected (and even ridiculed) due to its dismal offenses, Wartortle is one of the few viable users of Rapid Spin in NU. Wartortle is special as a spinner for a variety of reasons: It is not weak to Stealth Rock, it usually plays with a defensive set (or rather, it's forced to), it has access to a variety of support options, and it has a solid defensive typing in Water. Wartortle is mainly used by more defensive teams, and can occasionally be found on a balanced team. Wartortle's bread and butter set focuses on Rapid Spin, while featuring useful support options such as Scald, Haze, and Yawn. These allow Wartortle to burn physical attackers, stop boosting, and pseudo-phaze while making sure hazards are removed from your side of the field.
Wartortle can run a physically or specially bulky set as its defenses are even, but it's usually better off running EV's on the special side due to its resistances to common special attacking types. Stick with Wartortle's standard set, as more offensive variants will always be outclassed by Armaldo or Torkoal. Also be weary of spin-blockers, as Wartortle has a hard time beating any of them one-on-one.

Electrode
Base Stats: 60 HP / 50 Atk / 70 Def / 80 SpAtk / 80 SpDef / 140 Spe
Abilities: Soundproof / Static / Aftermath

With the second highest base Speed in the tier (Ninjask with the best), Electrode is quite a good revenge killer in the current NU metagame. Electrode is unique due to the fact that it can revenge kill almost any NU Pokemon even without a Choice Scarf. It also has a decent base 80 SpAtk, which hits hard enough when backed by a Life Orb. Electrode can easily revenge popular Pokemon such as Cinccino, Swellow, and Gorebyss with a Timid LO set with max SpAtk and Spe (which is usually the set you should be running anyways). This set also has access to Taunt and Volt Switch, allowing Electrode to make most support Pokemon (including many leads) setup bait for sweepers.
Electrode can also function as a Rain Dance supporter if your team needs one, as it's almost guaranteed to summon rain before the opponent's Pokemon can move. This also allows it to run Thunder as a viable attacking option. Additionally, Electrode has two very useful abilities in Static and Aftermath, both of which have a chance to harm physical attackers that target Electrode.

Ursaring
Type: Normal
Base Stats: 90 HP / 130 Atk / 75 Def / 75 SpAtk / 75 SpDef / 55 Spe
Abilities: Guts / Quick Feet / Unnerve

Lovingly given the nickname "Village Crusher," Ursaring is one of the best physical attackers in the entirety of NU. Ursaring functions as either an offensive sweeper or as an unforgiving wall-breaker, and shines either way. Ursaring's standard sets function similarly to Choice Band and Choice Scarf sets, in that Ursaring's abilities function like those items. Ursaring is basically placed on a timer due to Flame / Toxic Orb, but at the expense of HP it gains the ability to abuse its boosted stats and switch attacks. With Guts, Ursaring boosts its monstrous base 130 Atk stat to insane levels, making it powerful enough to OHKO a large chunk of the metagame (don't forget that some sets also run Swords Dance for further boosting). With Quick Feet, Ursaring boosts its mediocre base 55 Spe stat to competitive levels and functions more like Zangoose. Both of Ursaring's sets focus on boosted Facades for maximum damage, while employing Close Combat and Crunch for coverage options, and rounding out the sets by choosing either Protect or Swords Dance.
Finally, Ursaring can use the ultimate gimmick, Choice Specs-boosted Hyper Beam, which while being seemingly insane, actually hits harder than Altaria's Draco Meteor (from the on-site analysis, I couldn't resist).

Linoone
Base Stats: 78 HP / 70 Atk / 61 Def / 50 SpAtk / 61 SpDef / 100 Spe
Abilities: Pickup / Gluttony / Quick Feet

Ask any player in NU what 5 Pokemon scare them the most, and Linoone is almost certain to be on that list. If played well, Linoone is impossible to revenge kill and very hard to counter (Steel-type Pokemon, which NU has very few of, are currently the only guaranteed counters to Linoone). While its only notable stat appears to be a base 100 Speed, Linoone possesses both Belly Drum and ExtremeSpeed, which allow it to maximize its Atk stat and proceed to sweep unprepared or weakened teams with a +2 priority STAB move. It also uses Shadow Claw to take down Ghost-types and Seed Bomb for an additional Grass-type coverage move. Crafty Linoone users will also carry a Pokemon with dualscreens to virtually guarantee free setup for Linoone. If you see a Linoone on the opponent's team, beware, and make sure you take it down fast before it gets the chance to run you through.

Yonko7

is a Contributor Alumnus

Beartic
Typing: Ice
Base Stats: 95 HP / 110 Atk / 80 Def / 70 SpA / 80 SpD / 50 Spe
Abilities: Snow Cloak / Swift Swim

Beartic is a dangerous, albeit slow threat; however, even its slow speed can be doubled in rain. With a high 110 base Attack and Life Orb, Beartic can plow through teams with its STAB and coverage moves. Icicle Crash is a powerful STAB to hit many Pokemon neutrally or super effectively. With Steel-types resisting its STAB, Beartic has Superpower to knock down the Steel-type Pokemon. Stone Edge allows Beartic to hit Fire-types, who resist its STAB. Beartic has access to Aqua Jet, although not STAB boosted, Aqua Jet is useful to knock out weakened threats. Defensive Pokemon aren't safe either, because Beartic can utilize Taunt to cripple walls, while hitting hard. Another option Beartic has is Toxic, which can cripples walls, and has the added benefit of hitting Pokemon who resist Icicle Crash. Beartic also has the ability to use Substitute and Focus Punch to hit the Steel-types who resist Icicle Crash. With all these options, Beartic is hard to switch into, however its meddling Speed is its downfall.

I'll do Pinsir and Rapidash soon.

Cradily
Type: Rock / Grass
Base Stats: 86 HP / 81 Atk / 97 Def / 81 Spa / 107 SpD / 43 Spe
Abilities: Suction Cups / Storm Drain

Cradily is one of the most specially defensive Rock-types in NU. Grass-Rock allows Cradily to take on many of the strong special attackers in the tier such as Gorebyss and Charizard with ease. Storm Drain gives Cradily a Special Attack boost when hit by a Water-type attack, as well as an immunity to them. Storm Drain is what makes Cradily excellent, as a long side Recover it gives it the ability to beat almost every Water-type 1v1. Cradily also has access to Stealth Rock, making it one of the best Pokemon in the tier to reliably set it up. Cradily also has a few boosting moves at its disposal, primarily Stockpile, Curse and Swords Dance. All three can be used effectively on Cradily, Stockpile boosting both of its defences to very high levels, and allowing it to Toxic stall with ease, Curse to become a bulky booster that will slowly destroy a team, and Swords Dance to turn into an immediate sweeper, damaging whatever stands before it. Cradily has a lot of potential in the NU metagame, and its horrid exterior should be ignored as it is truly a potent force.

Dragonair
Type: Dragon
Base Stats: 61 HP / 84 Atk / 65 Def / 70 SpA / 70 SpD / 70 Spe
Abilities: Shed Skin / Marvel Scale

Dragonair is one of the few Dragon-types in NU, and one of the best at that. Dragonair can run a few very good sets, one of the best being a Mono-attacking set with Outrage, Dragon Dance and RestTalk. This set uses the great resists that the Dragon-type has, such as Water, Fire and Electric. Dragonair is able to set up on many Pokemon, and can use either of its abilities very well with the set. Shed Skin makes it possible for Dragonair to wake up early from its slumbers, allowing it to set up more Dragon Dances in front of its opponent. While Marvel Scale increases Dragonair's defense by 50% when it is asleep, making setup much easier. Marvel Scale is slowly becoming the preferred ability, as Dragonair would rather turn foes into pure fodder instead of risking a defeat as its bulk isn't great, even with Eviolite. Dragonair also has the potential to run a Dragon Dance set with Life Orb, abusing the rare move Extremespeed along with Outrage and Waterfall, hitting everything in NU for neutral damage, and being able to remove faster foes with Extremespeed, however this Dragonair is very frail and not preferred due to the difficulty of setup. Dragonair is an underrated threat in NU, and one that can steamroll through teams that don't prepare for it.

Drifblim
Type: Ghost / Flying
Base Stats: 150 HP / 80 Atk / 44 Def / 90 SpA / 54 SpD / 80 Spe
Abilities: Aftermath / Unburden / Flare Boost

Drifblim is one of the few Ghost-type Pokemon in NU, although it generally does not make a great spinblocker. Instead Drifblim uses his offensive stats to try and sweep the other team. The most common Drifblim set abuses Acrobatics and Unburden with a Flight Gem, doubling its Speed and allowing Drifblim to use a very powerful Flying-type STAB move with no repercussions. Acrobatics is commonly the only attacking move that Drifblim runs on that set, filling the remaining slots with supportive moves such as Substitute, Will-O-Wisp, Disable or Destiny Bond. By choosing three of the supporting moves Drifblim is often able to cripple half of the opposing team before fainting. Drifblim is also able to abuse its even high Base 90 Special Attack, using sets such as SubCM and ChestoResto to set up on opponents and sweep with Shadow Ball. Finally, Drifblim makes a good user of Baton Pass, able to pass Calm Minds, as well as sweep with them if needed. So if you're looking for a ghost to surprise your opponents, look no further than this cute blimp, who will carry you to victory!

Taking Electrabuzz, Floatzel and Frillish

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Samurott
Typing: Water
Base Stats: 95 HP / 100 Atk / 85 Def / 108 SpA / 70 SpD / 70 Spe
Abilities: Torrent / Shell Armor

It's Rott Time! Samurott stands out in NU as one of the best offensive Water-type Pokemon in the tier. With Samurott's excellent 100 / 108 offenses, superb coverage, and a good boosting move in Swords Dance it's easy to see why. With the ability to use a Swords Dance set or an all-out special attacker, Samurott puts instant pressure on the opponent before it's even send out. The best way to deal with Samurott is to scout for what set it's using; you don't want to leave your Alomomola in on a Samurott thinking it might be a Swords Dance set you could handle, only for Samurott to reveal a Substitute + 3 Special Attacks set. Once proper scouting has been done, taking care of Samurott won't be as hard if you have the right check or counters to the right set. Swords Dance Samurott really doesn't like bulky Grass-, Dragon-, and Water-type Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Altaria, Shelgon, Dragonair, Alomomola, and Carracosta. All of those Pokemon can take a hit with their resistance, good bulk, or both while being capable of dealing substantial damage back. Special Attacking Samurott can't really deal too well against Pokemon with high special Defense such as Gardevoir, Lickilicky, or Musharna who can easily take a hit, have great recovery options, and can hit back Samurott with their STAB attacks or stall out with status.

Swellow
Typing: Normal / Flying
Base Stats: 60 HP / 85 Atk / 60 Def / 50 SpA / 50 SpD / 125 Spe
Abilities: Guts / Scrappy

Swellow is proof that being one-dimensional isn't such a bad thing, at least not when you do it so well! Even with a mediocre base 85 Attack stat, Swellow still makes for an excellent cleaner thanks to it's access to Guts and STAB Facade. Once Swellow's status orb activates it will be ready to bring the pain with a jaw droping 403 Attack, blazing fast 383 Speed, and devastating 140 and 120 Base Power STAB attacks in Facade and Brave Bird. As incredible as all of this seems, Swellow is easily stopped by the common Rock- and Steel-type Pokemon in NU such as Golem, Regirock, Carracosta, Armaldo, Probopass, Klang, and Mawile while being easily checked by priority users such as Samurott, Absol, Skuntank, Cacturne, and Piloswine. By keeping your Rock- or Steel-type alive through the match you can constantly come in to handle Swellow, while most likely setting up Stealth Rock in the process, hindering Swellow even further. Teams with Swellow are usually supported by Spikes to hurt the Pokemon that beat it, so packing a Rapid Spin user never hurts. Armaldo is not only the best Rapid Spin user in NU, but can set up Stealth Rock and use it's Rock-typing to slow down the speedster in its tracks.

EDIT: I'll reserve Emboar, Gardevoir, and Haunter. Can't wait to see the puns I can think of for these.

Electabuzz
Base Stats: 65 HP / 83 Atk / 57 Def / 95 SpA / 85 SpD / 105 Spe
Abilities: Static / Vital Spirit

Electabuzz is one of the many powerful Electric-types in Neverused. It may shock you to realize just how fast he is, as a Choice Scarfed Electabuzz is able to outspeed +2 Gorebyss even while running a Modest nature, making it a potent replacement for the common Rotom-S if a Stealth Rock weakness is to much for your team. Electabuzz can effectively gain momentum using Volt Switch to always keep the upperhand against the opposition. Electabuzz can also use an Eviolite to greatly increase its bulk and allow it to take many attacks throughout a common match. Though Electabuzz does not fill many roles it fills them well, as it is one of the best Electric-types in the tier.

Floatzel
Base Stats: 85 HP / 105 Atk / 55 Def / 85 SpA / 50 SpD / 115 Spe
Abilities: Swift Swim / Water Veil

Floatzel is one of many Water-types in NU, yet is one of the most offensive ones. Floatzel is fast and strong and takes advantage of that on all of his sets. Floatzel often abuses his Base 105 Attack by holding a Choice Band, since Floatzel has access to Waterfall and Aqua Jet, a long with Return and Switcheroo he becomes very difficult to switch into, as walls are maimed by the loss of their item. Floatzel also makes a potent rain sweeper, as he becomes one of the fastest Pokemon in existence when it is raining, however Floatzel is very frail and struggles to setup Rain Dance on his own, so team support is required for that. Bulk Up is another option for Floatzel, as he is very fast and powerful the extra bulk can make a big difference, though he is still frail unless multiple Bulk Ups are performed. Finally Floatzel can abuse his Special Attack, although it is not as high the basepower of its moves are. As Hydro Pump is 120 Base Power compared to Waterfalls lowly 80, a Special Attack Floatzel must work hard to not be outclassed by other Water-types however, and is usually better off mixed.

Frillish
Type: Water / Ghost
Base Stats: 55 HP / 40 Atk / 50 Def / 65 SpA / 85 SpD / 40 Spe
Abilities: Water Absorb / Cursed Body / Damp

Frillish is a very niche Pokemon, but performs that niche extremely well. Despite having a much higher Special Defense stat, Frillish is much better off being physically defensive. A Frillsh fully invested in Defense is capable of taking on many threats such as Samurott and Emboar, as well as blocking Rapid Spin from many spinners. Frillish has access to Recover, making it the only ghost in NU with access to reliable recovery. Frillish also uses Night Shade to cause damage, as its offensive stats are pitifully low. Frillish also uses Will-O-Wisp to burn spinners such as Armaldo, to stop them from doing any notable damage at all for the rest of the match. Frillish is essentially useless outside of these rolls, but can fill the requirements of many slots that a stall team needs, and is one of stalls best options for a spinblocker.

I'm doing these in threes. Garbodor, Glalie and Golbat are mine next.

PROGRESS EDIT: Finished up Kadabra, Kangaskhan, and Tauros. Reserving Vileplume.

Kadabra
Type: Psychic
Base Stats: 40 HP / 35 Atk / 30 Def / 120 SpAtk / 70 SpDef / 105 Spe
Abilities: Synchronize / Inner Focus / Magic Guard

Kadabra hasn't changed much since the beginnings of Gen V NU; it has always been somewhat of a glass cannon, and it has stuck with that role throughout its NU career. Kadabra was blessed with Magic Guard, which allows it to run a Life Orb without recoil, which powers up its great base 120 SpAtk to much more threatening levels. Kadabra's speed shouldn't be ignored either, as base 105 outspeeds most of the tier. It typically will run Psychic, HP Fighting, and Shadow Ball for perfect neutral coverage, and can then add one of its many support options as the set's final move, such as Calm Mind, or Substitute. Bear in mind that Kadabra's enormous support movepool allow it to also run many other sets, such as SubDisable or Dual Screens. Watch out for Kadabra; it's an often underestimated Pokemon with a lot of potential.

Kangaskhan
Base Stats: 105 HP / 95 Atk / 80 Def / 40 SpAtk / 80 SpDef / 90 Spe
Abilities: Early Bird / Scrappy / Inner Focus

Kangaskhan is another great Normal-type Pokemon in the NU tier. It distinguishes itself from the myriad of other Normals with the ability Scrappy, which allows it to hit Ghosts with attacks that they are normally immune to. Kanga's 105 / 80 / 80 bulk is definitely passable, and with that base 95 Atk stat it can pull of the role of bulky offensive 'mon fairly well. It can attack with a Life Orb or pull a classic SubPunch set with Leftovers, both of which work very differently. It's Life Orb set runs Fake Out and Sucker Punch for a nice priority combination, while also packing attacks like Return, Body Slam, Drain Punch, or Earthquake, all of which are viable. The SubPunch set also runs Sucker Punch and Return.
Kangaskhan doesn't hit as hard as its Normal-type brethren, but that doesn't keep it from being just as threatening; a well-played Kangaskhan can be just as effective as any Tauros, Cinccino, or Linoone. The extra bulk allows it to survive longer, and its double priority can take a large portion of the enemy's HP away before they're even given the chance to attack!

Tauros
Base Stats: 75 HP / 100 Atk / 95 Def / 40 SpAtk / 75 SpDef / 110 Spe
Abilities: Intimidate / Anger Point / Sheer Force

Tauros is one of the more notable Normal-types in NU. It's fast, powerful, and even has great physical bulk (especially when backed by Intimidate). Currently, one of the greatest things about it is how well it can revenge kill common offensive threats. With a Choice Scarf it outspeeds just about every Pokemon in the tier, and that base 100 Atk stat is nothing to laugh at. Tauros can use Retaliate to OHKO many Pokemon, including Cinccino, Rotom-S, and Emboar. CS Tauros will also run a mix of Return, Stone Edge, Earthquake, or Zen Headbutt for extra coverage on this set. Another set that is much more common is the Life Orb attacker, which forgoes Retaliate to run all of the previously mentioned attacks on one set (although it often runs Rock Climb over Return due to the Sheer Force + LO boosts). This variant of Tauros hits much harder than many other Normal-type attackers in the tier, pair this with its good speed and Tauros is able to easily clean up weakened teams and having the ability to sweep unprepared ones. Finally, beware of sets running a bulkier spread with Intimidate, as most physically oriented attackers will have an extremely hard time dealing with those versions of Tauros.

Yonko7

is a Contributor Alumnus

Pinsir
Type: Bug
Base Stats: 65 HP / 125 Atk / 100 Def / 55 SpA / 70 SpD / 85 Spe
Abilities: Hyper Cutter / Mold Breaker / Moxie

Pinsir is now even more threatening now that its Dream World ability, Moxie has been released. No longer does sacrificing a Pokemon allow you to revenge Pinsir, because every KO that Pinsir obtains, makes it even stronger. Pinsir is a dangrous physical sweeper, because it can wreak havoc with a Swords Dance boost, Choice Band, or now Moxie Choice Scarf. X-Scissor is Pinsir's STAB that hits Grass-, and Psychic-types super effectively, it can also punish many Pokemon after a boost. To make it worse, Pinsir has Stone Edge to hit what X-Scissor is not effective in hitting, namely Fire-, and Flying-type Pokemon. Pinsir also has access to Earthquake, which with the Mold Breaker ability allows it to smash Pokemon that rely on their Levitate ability. If Earthquake sounds bad, then Close Combat is going to sound great, because Close Combat has better coverage than Earthquake and wreaks the numerous Normal-type Pokemon scattered in the NU tier. Pinsir has always been dangrous, but with the addition of its Dream World ability, Pinsir will grow furiously throughout a battle.

Rapidash
Type: Fire
Base Stats: 65 HP / 100 Atk / 70 Def / 80 SpA / 80 SpD / 105 Spe
Abilities: Run Away / Flash Fire / Flame Body

Rapidash is the fastest non-Choice Scarfed Fire-type in the NU tier, and with a base 100 Attack, it will hit hard and fast. Rapidash is typically seen with Life Orb or Choice Band, which increases its damage to dangerous levels. The Water-types that will try to soak up a Flare Blitz will end up taking a Wild Charge, which will end up heavily crippling any Water-type that doesn't invest heavily in Defense. Rapidash also has Low Kick to hit the heavy Rock-types where it hurts, when they think they can switch-in. Bulky Psychic-types, such as Musharna, will not enjoy taking a Megahorn, as it can tank the rest of Rapidash's arsenal. Once Rapidash is low on health, it can also heal back with Morning Sun, prolonging the beating it gives the opponent. Rapidash can also be seen on a Sunny Day team, which will: boost its STAB Flare Blitz; gives Solarbeam immediate use; and Morning Sun heals 66.75% instead of 50%.

Zweilous
Typing: Dark / Dragon
Base Stats: 72 HP / 85 Atk / 70 Def / 65 SpA / 70 SpD / 58 Spe
Abilities: Hustle

Zweilous is one most powerful Dragon-type Pokemon in the game, thanks to Hustle boosting its Attack to a near Godly level. Its Outrage, which is backed by a base 152 Attack, is second to only Kyurem-B. Paired with Evolite, Zweilous is a nuke on wheels. Nothing can stand to the power of Outrage, only the bulkiest of Pokemon can hope to stand to this Dark Dragon and not be utterly crippled. Zweilous can also utilize its secondary Dark-type STAB with Crunch, devestating Psychic- and Ghost-type Pokemon. For coverage, Zweilous can burn Steel-types, who are the only Pokemon capable of withstanding an Outrage, with Fire Fang. Switching out from Zweilous isn't a good idea either, because then it has the chance to set-up a Substitute, which will make stopping the Dragon even harder. Zweilous can also shuffle the opposing team around with a STAB boosted Dragon Tail. All this power does come at a cost, if Lady Luck is not on Zweilous's side, then it cannot hit the opponent, because of Hustle's side effect.

Weezing
Typing: Poison
Base Stats: 65 HP / 90 Atk / 120 Def / 85 SpA / 70 SpD / 60 Spe
Abilites: Levitate

Weezing is an infamous physical Wall, able to stop anything that doesn't pack a Psychic-type attack. With one of its weaknesses gone with Levitate, leaves only Psychic-type attacks as its weakness, but Psychic-type attacks are generally special attacks, which Weezing has no business being around. Physical attackers cannot hope to bypass Weezing because it is able to burn the opposition with Will-O-Wisp and heal itself with Pain Split by leeching off the opposing Pokemon. Continously setting up is fruitless against Weezing because it can erase all stat boosts with Clear Smog. Weezing is no slouch offensively, with a STAB Sludge Bomb damaging and poisoning everything but Steel-type Pokemon.

I'll work backwards and reserve Volbeat and Vigoroth.

Garbodor
Type: Poison
Base Stats: 80 HP / 95 Atk / 82 Def / 60 SpA / 82 SpD / 75 Spe
Abilities: Stench / Weak Armor / Aftermath

Garbodor is one of thew few viable Spikers in NU, and among the most defensively inclined. Spikes is what makes Garbodor viable in NU, as it is the most reliable Pokemon to set them up, with the few other Spikers being either frail or having poor typing. Garbodor has two main sets: the primary set is bulky Spiker designed to be able to set up many times during a match, using its good defensive typing to lay hazards down against common Pokemon such as Gurdurr, Sawk and Amoonguss if sleep clause is active. Garbodor can also run an offensive Suicide Spiker set, utilizing Weak Armor to boost its speed and outrun threats at +1, letting it get an extra layer down. Garbodor has many interesting offensive options to run on its sets, Drain Punch, Seed Bomb, Gunk Shot, Rock Blast, Clear Smog and even Explosion are all viable moves, and the choice of coverage moves is determined completely by your teams needs.

Glalie
Type: Ice
Base Stats: 80 HP / 80 Atk / 80 Def / 80 SpA / 80 SpD / 80 Spe
Abilities: Inner Focus / Ice Body / Moody(banned)

Glalie is one of the few spikers in NU. Glalie differentiates itself from the other spikers by courtesy of its offensive typing. Ice-type STAB means Glalie will often be hitting the opponent very hard, and base 80 Attack is nothing to laugh at, it is enough to hit much of the NU metagame very hard. Glalie's primary purpose is to lay hazards down and try to do as much damage in the process as possible, without worrying about its defenses. Glalie is a niche Pokemon, but can fill the roll of a fast Spiker very well, and should be considered when the hazard is needed.

Golbat
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/golbat
type: Poison / Flying
Base Stats: 75 HP / 80 Atk / 70 Def / 65 SpA / 75 SpD / 80 Spe
Abilities: Inner Focus / Infiltrator

Eviolite makes Golbat one of the most defensive Pokemon in the tier. When invested in Defense it is able to take on many physical threats such as Sawk and Samurott with ease. Golbat is good at handling stall teams because of its access to Taunt and Roost, allowing it to slowly wear them down over the course of the match, as Golbat is naturally faster than most Pokemon commonly seen on stall teams. Golbat's sheer bulk allows it to handle offense handily as well. Golbat has access to a powerful Brave Bird to dispatch foes switching in, as well as Super Fang to remove half the remaining HP of any Pokemon that is hit. Golbat is a Pokemon thats NFE status should not discourage you, as it is capable of destroying stall and offense alike, and is a large threat to be considered.

I know Glalies is really short but it cant do much else. Anyways now I'm taking Huntail, Jumpluff and Lampent.

Huntail
Base Stats: 55 HP / 104 Atk / 105 Def / 94 SpA / 75 SpD / 52 Spe
Abilities: Swift Swim / Water Veil
Huntail has always lived in the shadow of the more powerful Gorebyss. In order to stand out Huntail must take advantage of its Attack stat, which is much higher than that of Gorebyss'. By abusing his high Attack stat Huntail is able to muscle past many threats that Gorebyss would fall against, such as Lickilicky. Huntail is commonly seen as a mixed attacker due to its above average Special Attack, allowing it to lure out and defeat Tangela, a huge threat to many teams. Huntail has access to Sucker Punch, but it is illegal with Shell Smash, making it a poor option since a Huntail without Shell Smash is inferior to other Pokemon. Huntail has the potential to run a Baton Pass set, but since SmashPass is banned in NU it will be forced to pass Agility instead, the surprise of the set may be enough to secure a sweep for a teammate however.

Jumpluff
Type: Grass / Flying
Base Stats: 75 HP / 55 Atk / 70 Def / 55 SpA / 85 SpD / 110 Spe
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Leaf Guard / Infiltrator

Jumpluff has always been among the fastest Pokemon in NU and takes advantage of its speed on most of its sets. It can run a very effective SubSeed set, being the second fastest abuser of the combination in NU, the first being Serperior. however access to Encore and Sleep Powder allow Jumpluff to outshine its slithery brethren in the role, as set-up becomes rendered impossible. Jumpluff is also known for its ability to support the team using Sunny Day, reaching over 700 Speed in the sun due to its ability Chlorophyll, utilizing Memento to secure a set up opportunity for a teammate. Finally the most threatening Jumpluff set of all, the Swords Dance sweeper. No joke, despite having a mere base 55 Attack Jumpluff can utilize a powerful Acrobatics and Seed Bomb and sweep teams once scarfers are removed. Jumpluff's Speed is what makes the Swords Dance set so potent, as very few offensive Pokemon can survive a hit at +2, and even fewer can outspeed Jumpluff and KO it first. Because of the many sets Jumpluff can run it is a very unpredictable Pokemon, capable of being either a sweeper or a supporter depending on its moveset.

Lampent
Type: Ghost / Fire
Abilities: Flash Fire / Flame Body / Shadow Tag (unreleased)
Base Stats: 60 HP / 40 Atk / 60 Def / 90 SpA / 60 SpD / 55 Spe
Lampent is one of the few ghosts in NU, and also one of the best. Lampent's stats allow it to be either offensive or defensive. Lampent is known for its offensive Trick Room set, utilizing its low Speed to "outrun" the majority of the metagame under Trick Room. Offensive Lampent generally runs Shadow Ball, Fire Blast, and one of Memento and Hidden Power Ice, choosing between supporting another sweeper and defeating Altaria. Lampent also has the stats to run either a physical or special defensive set, utilizing Eviolite to check monstrous threats such as Emboar and Charizard respectively. Finally Lampent can run a SubSplit set, as it is faster than most walls and can heal its HP in front of them while many of them struggle to deal significant damage back.

Yonko7

is a Contributor Alumnus

Vigoroth
Typing: Normal
Base Stats: 80 HP / 80 Atk / 80 Def / 55 SpA / 55 SpD / 90 Spe
Abilities: Vital Spirit

Slaking's younger brother is back, and here to redeem his lazy brother. Vigoroth is one of those Pokemon that doesn't hit very hard at first, but if he sets up then there will be snowball effect, as Vigoroth will grow stronger and stronger. With Evolite, Vigoroth's Defenses are boosted even higher, and will be difficult to break on the physical side. Bulk Up Vigoroth is analogous to a snowball coming down a large, snowy hill. He has Return for STAB or Body Slam for paralysis. Vigoroth can utilize Earthquake or Brick Break to round out the coverage with its STAB, by hitting Poison-, Rock-, Steel-, and Normal-types super effectively, depending on the chosen move. He also gets worse, because Vigoroth has Sucker Punch to hit first and end the battle quickly, or he can drive defensive Pokemon crazy by Taunting their recovery and utility moves. Vigoroth can utilize the combination of Taunt + Toxic to break stall, and with reliable recovery with Slack Off, it can beat a stall team by itself. If there are no Ghost-type Pokemon, something is gonna be hurt.

Volbeat
Typing: Bug
Base Stats: 65 HP / 73 Atk / 55 Def / 47 SpA / 75 SpD / 85 Spe
Abilites: Illuminate / Swarm / Prankster

Volbeat finally got the buffs that he wanted. Tail Glow nows boosts three stages, and Prankster lets Volbeat utilize his support movepool well. Volbeat by itself is not threatening, but when partnered with a special attacker then it gets dangerous. Volbeat is capable of Baton Passing a +3 Special Attack boost to a partner, which will spell the end of almost everything. When combined with priority Substitute, Thunder Wave or Encore, allows Volbeat to sweep the opponent around. In addition to passing massive boosts, Volbeat can also conjure up the sun or rain, and help other Pokemon sweep in their favorite weather.

Victreebel
Typing: Grass / Poison
Stats: 80 HP / 105 Atk / 65 Def / 100 SpA / 60 SpD / 70 Spe
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Gluttony

Victreebel has the ability to perform in every tier, from OU to NU and everything in between. In NU, Victreebel really makes its mark, with access to both Growth and Swords Dance. Victreebel is most dangrous in the sun, and will not lighten up because the sun is shining. In the sun, Growth boosts Victreebel's Attack and Special Attack by two stages, making it a very dangrous threat. Solarbeam has no recharge period, and with STAB will leave a scorching hole in anything that doesn't resist it. Weather Ball is a coverage move to slam the numerous Grass-types that resist Solarbeam. Victreebel can utilize its secondary STAB with Sludge Bomb to hit Fire-types neutrally. Victreebel can forgo Sludge Bomb and use Sleep Powder to incapacitate a Pokemon for the rest of the match. Victreebel can also use Swords Dance and hit hard from the physical side, with or without sun. With a STAB Leaf Blade to cut the opposition into pieces, and Sucker Punch to hit faster threats, should the sun be gone.

Reserving Torterra and Torkoal.

I'm taking Lapras, Leafeon and Lickiliicky. They'll be up before I go to sleep, or first thing in the morning :)

Also thank you everyone for the help, we've been moving through this really quickly and without sacrificing any quality. You guys are great :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)