[BW OU] Dance with me under this Heavy Rain

So, hello everyone, I'm new here in Smogon Forum, and...Yeah, I'm pretty bad at Pokémon, so I need your help to rate and possibly fix my Rain Team.
Thank you :)

Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs​
Trait: Drizzle​
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd​
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)​
- Hydro Pump​
- Ice Beam​
- Hidden Power [Grass]​
- Focus Blast

SpecsToed is really nice, I've tried it. STAB Hydro Pump Specsed under rain makes an enormous damage, so it's even better than the other coverage moves, unless I have to make a x4 attack. Ice Beam for Dragons, like Dragonite and Salamence, and not much else; as I said before, Hydro Pump is better. HP [Grass] takes out guys like Gastrodon, Quagsire, and...Why not? Wiscash. Focus Blast 2HKOs Ferrothorn.

Jirachi @ Leftovers​
Trait: Serene Grace​
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef​
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)​
- Thunder
- Iron Head​
- Wish​
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi is really good under the rain; Thunder gets 100% accuracy and makes parahax, and then i put the flinching Iron freaking Head. Stealth Rock is its best move on a switch, and Wish recovers its teammates. It's a pity it has got a low Attack, but defenses are more important, for it.

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Storm Drain​
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef​
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)​
- Scald​
- Earthquake​
- Recover​
- Toxic​

It's great. It absorbs every Water type attack, and almost anything that could damage Gyarados and Politoed with its majestic typing. With Scald it creeps physical Attackers, and with Toxic provides to wallbreak. EQ is for Magnezone and friends, and Recover...Well...You know it.

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Intimidate​
EVs: 176 HP / 120 Atk / 212 Spe​
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
- Substitute​
- Dragon Dance​
- Waterfall​
- Bounce​

This is my favourite anti-Mamoswine sweeper.
Substitute is a safe shield for StatUpping with Dragon Dance; Waterfall is the main STAB, and it reaches an insane power level after one or two boosts. Bounce is for guys like other Gyarados, or Dragonite, something like that.

Breloom (F) @ Fight Gem
Trait: Technician​
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd​
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
- Spore​
- Swords Dance​
- Bullet Seed​
- Mach Punch

Techniloom is epicly perfect. It has got Spore, a 100% accuracy sleeping inducing move, and Swords Dance, the best attack boosting move. Than it's got access to Mach Punch+Technician+Fight Gem, that after an SD is incredibly powerful. Even Bullet Seed is useful, thanks to SD+Technician, and provides to kill Gengar and company.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd​
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)​
- Draco Meteor​
- Trick​
- Thunder​
- Surf

So, this is my revengekiller, Latios. He's got Draco Meteor, that crashes everything that doesn't resist it...More or less...Let's go on. There's Thunder, very useful under the rain, and even Surf finds an utility here. Finally, Trick creeps gusys like Chansey and Ferrothorn.

Okay, that's all. I'm italian, so I don't speak English very well. I'm sorry.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey, cool team you got here.

First thing I notice is that you have a little strange Gyarados EV spread, which does not provide really any bonus offensively. Instead, I suggest trying out a different spread of 176 HP / 120 Atk / 212 Spe Adamant instead of your current Gyarados. Not much nitpicking to do here really, as the team seems like you have a good sense of EVs, moves, and other mechanics.

Not much I can really change otherwise, good luck!

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hi there and welcome to Smogon! I've always been a fan of rain teams ever since Politoed got Drizzle, despite me being a weatherless player for most of my competitive battling career. Anyways, let's take a good look at this team and see what I can suggest. I can't really find any real problems with the team, but I do have a couple of nitpicks in your sets and EV spreads, so let's take a look at your sets and let's see what can change and what can stay. Firstly, I suggest that you give Expert Belt Latios a try over your current one. Due to the versatility of Latios, it can turn into a deadly late game sweeper, so it's worth a shot. Again, you have a good sense of what you're doing, so I have nothing else to say here. Have fun and good luck with your team!

Latios @ Expert Belt Lv. 100 -- Levitate
Nature: Timid - EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Surf
Thunder
Draco Meteor
Psyshock

~Dr Ciel~

Hello and welcome. Some advice: use body slam > thunder on your jirachi for thundurus-t, it can give you many problems if it has grass knot and use a fight gem or life orb, as you prefer, on your breloom for have more power. Leftovers are useless imo for a sweeper like breloom.

Hmm, I have a couple of suggestions.
While body slam does hit thundurus, you already have gastrodon who takes it on pretty comfortbly (grass knot is pretty rare afaik) so imo thunder is better for the power and coverage, but it's up to your personal preference.

Perish song on specstoed seems weird, as you're not fast enough or bulky enough to take advantag of it imo, focus blast is nice there instead for the 2HKO on ferrothorn.

Your team does lack a scarfer so I think latios would work better with that, plus you can cripple chansey blissey and ferrothorn, with trick rather than hitting the blobs with psyshock (which is relatively weak) and being helpless against ferrothorn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)