[BW OU RMT]

The Custodial Staff
cuz all we doo iz sweeeeep

[pimg]196[/pimg] [pimg]130[/pimg] [pimg]212[/pimg] [pimg]121[/pimg] [pimg]135[/pimg] [pimg]642[/pimg]​

Hello everyone. I've been battling competitively for a pretty long time, but I've only just recently signed up as a Smogon member and started posting, so I figured I'd put up my favorite team that I've made. This is a standard OU team, sort of dual-screens-hyper-offense (I hate labeling teams, because most teams are somewhere in the middle of everything). Anyway, I'll get down to it. Under each pokemon, I will put the obvious info, as well as why they're on the team, and the former members (if any) that occupied their space. And uh....let's have positive feedback as well as negative. Obviously no team is perfect, so yes....there will be threats, no matter what team I make. This is my first RMT, so I am going to do the best I can to follow protocol. Let's get started!​

[pimg]196[/pimg]
Espeon (F) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

Summary: Espeon is the lead for my team, at least half of the time, and it's easy to see why. With decent HP, great speed and special defense, and the ability to set up a reflect (or light screen) faster than most others can attack, Espeon has become, probably, the most important part of my team. As far as moves go, dual screens w/ Light Clay gives plenty of time for other pokemon to get in and start dealing damage. My usual playstyle is to start out with Espeon if it's no preview. But if there is team preview, and I see a common hazard lead on the opposing team, I will start with Gyarados, then switch into Espeon to give the enemy a suprise hazard-reflect. (You would be AMAZED at all the people who don't see this coming, even with team preview.....go figure). Ok, other moves...Psychic for stab, and taking out certain threats, and finally HP Fire, which was the best decision for this last spot. Alot of people prefer HP fighting, which is usually meant for the likes of Ttar. This version of Espeon wouldnt do much damage to it, but--HP fire can most of the time OHKO Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Genesect with neutral nature and no investment in SpA. Enough said.

Former Members: Started with a scarfed Chandelure here. I hung on to it for too long because I liked it, but it really didn't do much for my team honestly. Then I put Infernape here, deciding I needed a dedicated lead, because alot of my other pokemon couldn't really cut it leading out. After trial and error, and error, and error....I put Espeon here, because as a lead, she could scare off most hazard leads and such. So it was a Calm Mind set with HP fighting, shadow ball, psychic. Didn't get the results I wanted either. Finally, realizing the potential benefit from dual screens, on top of magic bounce, this Espeon took the prize.

-----------------------------

[pimg]130[/pimg]
Gyarados (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang​

Summary: Ahh yes. One of the two behemoths on my team. As stated above, it works well as a lead, or as a way to make the other team feel comfortable to use their hazards, and then I switch. But once dual screens are set up, Gyarados comes in and sets up at least 1, and if I'm lucky, 2, Dragon Dances. Before I changed my espeon to the dual-screener, I had Intimidate on Gyarados instead of Moxie, because he couldn't survive many attacks that he didnt resist. But with screens up, Gyarados can abuse Moxie to 6-0 certain teams who don't nip him in the bud. There's not much to say here as far as his moves go, Waterfall for STAB, EQ works amazingly alongside it, and ice fang for taking out Dragons who would otherwise resist waterfall or be immune to EQ. Gyarados has perfect synergy with Jolteon, who can get free switch-ins every time I anticipate an electric move (which anyone can do while using Gdos). Also when Jolteon is in trouble, looking to get away from it's only nemesis:Ground, Gyarados also gets a free switch. Lum Berry is the perfect item for Gyarados, because so many people think they are going to cripple me with a burn, such as a Nintales lead for a sun team using Will-o-Wisp, which gives me a free dragon dance, and then he just starts tearing heads off. Gotta love him.

Former Members: So many former members were here, I can't even remember most of them. This was my toss-up spot for a VERY long time.

[pimg]212[/pimg]
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Quick Attack
- U-turn​

Summary:I've always loved Scizor, like many pokemon players, because he's extremely practical and always comes through when you need him. The biggest job that Scizor does is to easily take out shell smash Cloyster, who would otherwise ravage through my team, and Tyranitar, who also can give me alot of trouble. For a while, I used a jolly, choice scarf set, which ended up being stupid with the kind of team I've got going. And when I truly need Scizor to come through, I usually don't have the time for him to come in and set up swords dance and take hits-I need him to come in and hit hard, fast, and eliminate, so the rest of my team can run through the opponents. This is why Choice Band, instead of LO+Swords Dance, works so well for my team. Scizor makes a great teammate with Gyarados, who can easily sponge the fire type hits that would otherwise destroy Scizor. The same can be said for Starmie as well. Scizor usually isn't sweeping whole teams, but I don't need him to; he punches the holes necessary for the likes of Haxorus, Gyarados, and Starmie to rip apart.

Former Members: Like Haxorus, Scizor is an OG. Been here since the beginning.

[pimg]121[/pimg]
Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

Summary: Ok. I know what you're thinking. No Rapid Spin? Are you challenged? Hear me out. I know that rapid spin is very important with Starmie, but Espeon takes care of entry hazards with Magic Bounce so well, that I've found I really didn't need it much at all. On top of that, my team isn't very vulnerable to entry hazards, other than Gyarados (who usually is either leading, or coming in after espeon sets up screens), AND HP fire has proved itself SO useful to OHKO Scizor, Genesect, and some variants of Ferrothorn. The rest of the moves are pretty self explanitory. Surf for STAB (I hate Hydro Pump and moves like it....I need to be able to depend on my moves, one missed move can cost a team like mine a whole game), and the infamous BoltBeam combo for amazing coverage; and with HP fire, Starmie becomes a team member that can pretty much take out anything I need it to.

Former Members: Alakazam (once I put Espeon in for MB, Zam was just....you know, redundant)

[pimg]135[/pimg]
Jolteon (M) @ Electric Gem
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch​

Summary: I feel like we should see this little guy alot more than we do. Even though he's in OU, he does seem under used....Anyway, like I stated above, Jolteon is perfect with Gyarados, getting free switch ins frequently if Gyarados is in trouble, and vice-versa. The moves here are pretty standard, as are most of my sets (and for good reason-they work...). Thunderbolt, for STAB, Shadow Ball, which gives good coverage and takes out annoying ghost and psychic types, Volt Switch for dealing quick damage to let another pokemon take the hit or for finishing off a pokemon, so that I don't have to switch out the next turn when they send one out. Finally, HP Ice is absolutely necessary, taking out Landorus, Salamence and other flying, ground, or dragon pokemon, and seriously denting Dragonite. For the longest time I had choice specs on Jolteon, but changed it for electric gem, because being choice-locked was almost always trouble for jolteon, especially late game if there is a ground type and jolteon is the only one left (which happens sometimes, despite my best efforts). That being said, electric gem is not doing enough for me at the moment, and Jolteon seems to be falling back into the shadows. So, what do you guys think? Is Jolteon up for the LO recoil? Or do I need to suck it up and slap the Specs back on? Need advice on this issue.

Former Members:None, OG.

[pimg]642[/pimg]
Haxorus 'The Janitor' (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Dual Chop​

Summary: My favorite pokemon. Haxorus gets such a bad rap because of his 'disappointing speed'; I've never really understood why people think that. Yes, it is not as fast as some dragons, but you're obviously going to either use him with a scarf, or have a DD set (and hopefully not be dumb enough to set up in front of Salamence or Hydreigon). Anyway, Hax has been on this team since the very beginning, and this is a pretty standard set: Outrage for outrageous power, EQ for coverage and good base 100 power, Brick Break, in case of having to face off with a steel-type, and Dual Chop- which some people will throw aside for Dragon Claw because of the lowered accuracy. I find that Dual Chop is invaluable when a pokemon has set up a substitute that is bugging the hell out of my other pokemon, or when facing off against something that I'm 90% sure will have a Focus Sash on, such as Dugtrio, Alakazam, etc. The only problem I have with this set is that unless I'm sure Hax can take care of the rest of the pokemon on the other team, I have to keep him out as long as possible. I have messed around with a DDance set with Lum Berry. Do you think that would be better suited for this team, or do you think the current set is better? It's probably the biggest question I've had about this team; and I keep going back and forth.

Former Members: None (except for Dragon Dance set, said above)

Just to bullet point the specific advice I'm requesting....

Issues:
-Jolteon's item
-Haxorus: Scarf, or DD set?

Answers to these questions, please explain why what you're requesting would be best, overall, for my team. Thanks.

That's it, everyone. I hope you've enjoyed my first RMT and have some good things to say about it, as well as some constructive things for me to use. I'm open to changing moves, items, and pokemon, if the need arises, so feel free to make any suggestion you like.

-RANDOM-
P.S. - Why have I never seen anyone name a Hail team 'The Aboma Administration'? I wish I liked hail, because when I thought of that name, I just started laughing.

Hey there! Pretty solid team you've got going. Just thought I'd address the issues you've got.

I use a Jolteon myself, who also has a timid nature. The only difference is that I run Hidden Power Grass on him to surprise things like Quagsire and Gastrodon who are very likely to be seen on rain teams. And other water pokes in general, just in case they think I'm about to go for an HP Ice.

Anyway, about the item, I think you should give Jolteon a Choice Specs. If you had a Modest Jolteon, I would instead suggest choice scarf. Alternatively, if you dislike the notion of being locked into a move when a ground type comes out, put a Life Orb on him. That way ALL of your attacks will do more, and not just the Thunderbolt :P

As for Haxorus, I think you should stick with the Choice Scarf. This way, you can keep an extra move, and be faster than the Dragon types that aren't also Scarfed.

The most significant change, Jolteon, helps the team out by becoming more powerful with the Specs. It's becomes easier to take out annoying Dragon type threats and take care of walls on Rain teams better.

Hope this helped :D

Hey there! Pretty solid team you've got going. Just thought I'd address the issues you've got.

I use a Jolteon myself, who also has a timid nature. The only difference is that I run Hidden Power Grass on him to surprise things like Quagsire and Gastrodon who are very likely to be seen on rain teams. And other water pokes in general, just in case they think I'm about to go for an HP Ice.

Anyway, about the item, I think you should give Jolteon a Choice Specs. If you had a Modest Jolteon, I would instead suggest choice scarf. Alternatively, if you dislike the notion of being locked into a move when a ground type comes out, put a Life Orb on him. That way ALL of your attacks will do more, and not just the Thunderbolt :P

As for Haxorus, I think you should stick with the Choice Scarf. This way, you can keep an extra move, and be faster than the Dragon types that aren't also Scarfed.

The most significant change, Jolteon, helps the team out by becoming more powerful with the Specs. It's becomes easier to take out annoying Dragon type threats and take care of walls on Rain teams better.

Hope this helped :D
Absolutely. I'll play around with both LO and CS and see which suits me best. But you're right, back in the day when I was using Specs, Jolteon was an absolute monster. If the 50% instead of 30% shows a more significant increase in power than I'm expecting, it'll definitely be Specs. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Personally, I feel like the Specs boost isn't worth it, given the team you have surrounding Jolteon. If you go Specs, you'd have three Choice users, which will limit you substantially. Personally, I try never to have more than 2 Choice users on a team. If you go with a DD set on Haxorus (which I don't recommend), then by all means use Specs on Jolteon.

I don't recommend a DD set on Haxorus because (in my opinion) it does not have the bulk to pull off a DD set - it will be easy for an opponent to substantially damage you as you're still getting that first DD set up. If you're going for a DD set, Haxorus is simply outclassed by Salamence and Dragonite. With a scarf set, however, its massive Attack stat can rip through opponents without setup, so give him a Scarf and he can outspeed most unscarfed pokemon. Since you shouldn't (in my opinion) change Haxorus's set, you also shouldn't change Jolteon's set.

Nice team you got there! i have a weakness for "super-offensive" playstyles myself.

As for the jolteon item issue; i would suggest you slap an expert belt on that badboy ;)

@amaxi

Thanks for your reply. I had expert belt on there for a while,actually, but it still wasnt giving me the 1HKOs I was looking for. I'm currently trying choice specs, because life orb recoil is no good; Jolteon needs every bit of HP he can spare. But if the move-locking becomes to be a big issue, which it might, expert belt would definitely be my fall-back. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'd go Choice Specs on Jolteon, but as was previously said - 3 choice users is a bit restrictive. Life Orb is perhaps the way to go, as Jolteon isn't a wall either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)