CAP Head Mod
BW2 CAP4 - Playtest Tournament
Hosted by Birkal - Art by Mos-Quitoxe - Huge thanks to the TDs for approving this
The CAP 4 Playtest has officially begun! You can find some more information on it here if you're curious about the CAP4 Playtest ladder. To kick it off, we're going to be hosting a playtest tournament over the next few weeks. This is BW2 OU + CAP4, so it's a pretty similar metagame to what you're used to, just with one extra addition: Aurumoth. It's a Bug / Psychic Pokemon with a concept that is focused on how risk works in competitive Pokemon. It's got some nifty tricks and tools, like Illusion and Quiver Dance, that allow it to make a statement in the tumultuous metagame that is BW2 OU.
- Since CAP4 started in early September, BW2 was a much different metagame. We create our Pokemon a snapshot at the metagame at that time. As a result, Garchomp and Kyurem-B are banned, while Genesect is unbanned for the duration of the tournament.
- Aurumoth is available for this tournament in addition to typical Pokemon allowed within BW2 OU. It is not necessary to put on your team; you could win this tournament without ever putting CAP4 on your team.
- All other CAPs are banned for this tournament. This isn't the CAP metagame, it is simply the current CAP + current OU.
- General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
- Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
- Wifi Battle Clause. Team preview must be enabled.
- All matches must be played on Pokemon Showdown!, since Aurumoth is not implemented anywhere else.
- It is advised that you start building your teams during sign-ups to make the tournament run smoother.
- Let me know if you have any questions!
Arcaten vs toasdt
Mothiel vs Imanalt
.Robert vs Ashley11
pokebasket vs Rayzark
Solstice vs Oiawesome
Myrtille vs Default NNC
relaunched vs Rupe
FelixMinamimoto vs dragonuser
Leader Fox vs TheGoldenMudkip
Metal Sonic vs pokegod10
hoult66 vs MCBarrett
Sir vs jas61292
Jarc vs CloudBreaker
DC. vs Phazon00
Mdevil vs ballabrown24
Kennen vs King
Skwayz vs Princess Bri
ThePillsburyDoughBoy vs nyttyn
Drako vs dpdeuce
SoulWind vs WasSollDas
Cicada vs DarkLoïc
V4Victini vs Seco453
Dragonforce vs Level 51
gregj91 vs ganj4lF
Organization Member XIV vs ala
Brap vs Lavos Spawn
Demist vs Litchi
ssbbm vs The Reptile
toshimelonhead vs Pwnemon
HeLL SooN vs DarkBlazeR
srk1214 vs lapras6666
Ordile vs Jayde
Since I presume most of you have a BW2 OU team, it shouldn't be difficult to get these battles done quickly. Contact your opponent asap and try to finish things up by this weekend if at all possible. Best of luck!
EDIT: Try to finish up your battles by 11/29/2012 at 8pm (GMT -6) in the evening. If this is an issue for you, shoot me a PM and we'll work something out.