BW2 CAP4 - Playtest Tournament
Hosted by Birkal - Art by Mos-Quitoxe - Huge thanks to the TDs for approving this
[Sign-ups] [Round 1] [Round 2] [Round 3]
The CAP 4 Playtest has officially begun! You can find some more information on it here if you're curious about the CAP4 Playtest ladder. To kick it off, we're going to be hosting a playtest tournament over the next few weeks. This is BW2 OU + CAP4, so it's a pretty similar metagame to what you're used to, just with one extra addition: Aurumoth. It's a Bug / Psychic Pokemon with a concept that is focused on how risk works in competitive Pokemon. It's got some nifty tricks and tools, like Illusion and Quiver Dance, that allow it to make a statement in the tumultuous metagame that is BW2 OU.
- Since CAP4 started in early September, BW2 was a much different metagame. We create our Pokemon a snapshot at the metagame at that time. As a result, Garchomp and Kyurem-B are banned, while Genesect is unbanned for the duration of the tournament.
- Aurumoth is available for this tournament in addition to typical Pokemon allowed within BW2 OU. It is not necessary to put on your team; you could win this tournament without ever putting CAP4 on your team.
- All other CAPs are banned for this tournament. This isn't the CAP metagame, it is simply the current CAP + current OU.
- General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
- Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
- Wifi Battle Clause. Team preview must be enabled.
- All matches must be played on Pokemon Showdown!, since Aurumoth is not implemented anywhere else.
- It is advised that you start building your teams during sign-ups to make the tournament run smoother.
- Let me know if you have any questions!
Cicada vs. Lavos Spawn
dragonuser vs. Demist
ThePillsburyDoughBoy vs. Dragonforce
ballabrown24 vs. SoulWind
Deadline: I'll tentatively put this at one week again like last round, which would make it December 28 at 2PM (GMT-5). Like Birkal said for last round, if you feel you need an extension, don't hesitate to let me know. I know the holidays are approaching, so if people are having trouble getting things done, we can likely extend this round within reason.