BW2 CAP4 - Playtest Tournament [Semi-Finals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

BW2 CAP4 - Playtest Tournament
Hosted by Birkal - Art by Mos-Quitoxe - Huge thanks to the TDs for approving this

[Sign-ups] [Round 1] [Round 2] [Round 3] [Round 4]

Introduction:

The CAP 4 Playtest has officially begun! You can find some more information on it here if you're curious about the CAP4 Playtest ladder. To kick it off, we're going to be hosting a playtest tournament over the next few weeks. This is BW2 OU + CAP4, so it's a pretty similar metagame to what you're used to, just with one extra addition: Aurumoth. It's a Bug / Psychic Pokemon with a concept that is focused on how risk works in competitive Pokemon. It's got some nifty tricks and tools, like Illusion and Quiver Dance, that allow it to make a statement in the tumultuous metagame that is BW2 OU.

Tournament Rules:

Specific Rules:
  • Since CAP4 started in early September, BW2 was a much different metagame. We create our Pokemon a snapshot at the metagame at that time. As a result, Garchomp and Kyurem-B are banned, while Genesect is unbanned for the duration of the tournament.
  • Aurumoth is available for this tournament in addition to typical Pokemon allowed within BW2 OU. It is not necessary to put on your team; you could win this tournament without ever putting CAP4 on your team.
  • All other CAPs are banned for this tournament. This isn't the CAP metagame, it is simply the current CAP + current OU.
General Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Wifi Battle Clause. Team preview must be enabled.
  • All matches must be played on Pokemon Showdown!, since Aurumoth is not implemented anywhere else.
  • It is advised that you start building your teams during sign-ups to make the tournament run smoother.
  • Let me know if you have any questions!
Pairings:

ballabrown24 vs. Lavos Spawn
Demist vs. Dragonforce

Deadline: Let's shoot for January 6th to have this done by. That's one week from now. Lavos and Cicada, try to have your match done by Tuesday at the latest; if it could happen any earlier, that'd be even better. Again, let me know if you and your opponent need an extension if need be. By now though, I think you all are pretty accustomed to getting these done as quickly as possible, so thanks for that!

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
ballabrown24 vs. (Cicada vs. Lavos Spawn) Manager strongth
Demist vs. Dragonforce How can I not pick the hardest metal known to man...

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
22:08 Birkal balla
22:08 Birkal you gonna get your match done with lavos soon?
22:09 dodrio i mean we are on irc often
22:10 dodrio neither of us have done anything though
22:10 dodrio so yeah i guess we will soon
22:10 Birkal that would be great; the sooner we can get this done the better
22:10 Birkal so thankee =)
22:11 dodrio kk

Not too worried about this; both are pretty diligent, so we'll extend the timeline until this is done.

Birkal

We have the technology.
This has sat dormant for quite some time. Lavos and balla, please try to get this done this weekend.

Birkal

We have the technology.
Lavos VM'd me about this. If you guys don't have the match done by tomorrow night, I'm giving the activity win to balla. Please try to get this done. Don't break my heart like this ;__;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)