1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[BW2 OU] CLASSIC HO TEAM

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Kinder Pinguin, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Kinder Pinguin

Kinder Pinguin

CLASSIC HO TEAM

Hi all. I'm an Italian player and do not know English very well I'll make a lot of mistakes xD.

TEAM BUILDING

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    To build this team I started with Lucario and Deoxys-D. I chose Lucario because in late game is one of the most dangerous pike exist and it is not easy to stop. I entered Deoxys because thanks to the entry hazards does a lot of damage and helps Lucario in revengekilling with its two priority.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Then I put Gengar, because a ghost type with Deoxys-s is always useful.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Finally I added Terrakion and Salamence because together they constitute an offensive core that can create a lot of damage to your 'opponent. Rotom-w, however, is to combat the rain that otherwise I would do too much damage.

IN DEPTH

[​IMG]
    Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Bullet Punch
    - ExtremeSpeed

Classic set of Lucario. I rarely use Bullet Punch, because without sd does 0hko nor to Terrakion nor to gengar, so I thought to replace it with another move.
    Lucario usually comes only if he has the ability to boost and close the match, just because rarely in the late game 'opponent has a counter or in any case has few hp.

[​IMG]
    Deoxys-D @ Rocky Helmet
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Spikes
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Magic Coat

Deoxys-D, usually, starts first. The few times that not since the beginning of the match is because the opponent has xatu or Espeonthat reject the stealth rock or spikes.
    I prefer this spread because it is resistant to many attacks and being fast can use taunt on the opposition. I do not need offensive moves because using taunt the opponent almost never has chance to boost or use sobstitute.

[​IMG]
    Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Substitute
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Gengar is used to defeat the rapid spinners, that would ruin strategy.
    The spread is the classic one, I only changed pain split for hidden power fire, very useful for taking by surprise Scizor.

[​IMG]
    Terrakion @ Choice Band
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor
    - Quick Attack

Terrakion with the choice band is a powerful pokemon.
    It has an incredible attack and has two stab of a tremendous force. I use him to "break" the opponents defensive wall to make room for Lucario and Salamence. I use quick attack because sometimes I have need of stab on him.

[​IMG]
    Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake

Salamence scarf is one of the best revenge killer of the game. Due to the hazards, and the weakening of the other pokemon with moxie + outrage can really close match in no time. The spread is the usual as the moves, I was just thinking to put hydro pump on dragon claw, because it could be useful against Heatran with air baloon.

[​IMG]
    Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Pain Split
    - Thunder Wave

Rotom-w, the usual anti-rain with large investments in special defense to stop the hurricane of tornadus. I put thunder wave on will-o-wisp because I do not hardly ever used it, and have a revengekiller type Latios or Terrakion paralyzed is worse than having it burned.

ETT
    Show Hide
    Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Bullet Punch
    - ExtremeSpeed

Deoxys-D @ Rocky Helmet
    - Spikes
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock
    - Magic Coat

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
    - Substitute
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Terrakion @ Choice Band
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor
    - Quick Attack

- Outrage
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Pain Split
    - Thunder Wave
  2. Livio

Livio
    is a Tiering Contributor

LOL I have an equal team, but i run Dnite>rotom.
    Btw yeah, it s a standard team that work so well, anyway i have some suggestion for you.

1. Change Night Shade>Taunt on Deoxy-D, you already have magic coat against opponent faster setter/taunter, and with night shade u can break opponent substitute, that can be a problem, a great problem. U can try even Red Card like item instead of Rocky Helmet for things like cmrachi/kyurem B, that have free setup fodder since u cannot break with night shade their substitutes.

2. Change your gengar set, is terrible. Sub with Life Orb without Pain Split is not a good idea, let s try Thunder/Thunderbolt>Substitute to hit spinner such as Tentacruel or Blaistoise too, and change HP Fire to icy wind/HP ice, so you con BaitKill or Hit harder dragons pokemon (Salamence/Dragonite) to stop setupp fodder in same time with the fell, and play aventually Speed tie against Latios/tias, that outspeed it with HP Fire Ivs.

3. You can try Eartquake over Quick Attack, to HOKO Tentacruel/Jirachi, that could be a little problem sometimes. I d suggest u to use 248HP/132SDef/128Spd Modest Nature as evs spread on Rotom-Wash, so u can outspeed adamant Breloom, with Will-o-Wisp>Twave imo is better so u can burn it or Ferrothorn and give more setup chances on it with Lucario (Ferrothorn could be Bulldozer).

Tl;dr

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Deoxys-D @ Red Card
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Night Shade
    - Magic Coat
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes

[​IMG]

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 132 SDef / 128 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch

Earthquake>Quick Attak
  3. Alexander.

Alexander. Banned deucer.

Hey there,

Cool team you have so good job for building it, anyway let's start with the rate! At first, I suggest you to change Hidden Power Fire into Disable on Gengar. Disable allows to force pokèmons out, choice user and pokèmon that have one only move to hit Gengar. Disable Gengar is a very interesting option to protect and abuse the entry hazards so it's fine in your team. Then, I'd use Mental Herb, replacing Rocky Helmet on Deoxys-D. Mental Herb is useful to stop fast taunt users like Terrakion and Tornadus before they taunt you. Finally, on Terrakion I suggest you to change Quick Attack into Earthquake. You have already 2 priority and one Choice Scarf user so I think that Quick Attack is quite useless, Earthquake otherwise can be useful to hit Jirachi, Tentacruel and Toxicroak which can be problematics for this team.

That's about your team. Hope I helped, good luck!
  4. Mosquiton

Mosquiton Tette

Hi There! Nice HO Team!

The first thing I notice is that your deoxys haven't nightshade, in the movesets without offensive moves is always better to give him the Red Card to prevent that faster opponents using deoxys as setup fodder, basically when the opponent attacks deoxys, Red Card will switch it canceling its boosts.

Personally I think that this is the best set for deoxys because it allows you to put the highest number of hazards than the other set, also with a red card keep it from the opponent's boosts.

The second thing that i want suggest is to put Protect > Substitute on Gengar 'cause you haven't leftovers and substitute remove your life too fast but with protect you can scout Scizor's move and act accordingly: if use BPunch you will switch but if use pursuit or uturn you can make a direct OHKO with HP fire.

As a final notice is that your team is a little slow with only one scarfed base 100 speed and a single Pokémon with priority, then I suggest you to give choice scarf on rotom with: VoltSwitch + Hydropump are the main stab, HP ice for revengekilling Dragonite and Trick for create discomfort in the defensive Pokémon like Chansey, ferrothorn, Slowbro and stuff, also with the scarf you can outspeed Tornadus, Keldeo and Terrakion if they don't have scarf and kill them with the main stab, also scarf rotom adds more offensive power on your team!

Sets:
    Show Hide

>Red Card over Rocky Helmet @ Deoxys
    >Protect over Substitute @ Gengar
    >Scarf @ Rotom

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf
    - Volt Switch
    - Trick
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
  5. Nova

Nova Samsung Alpaca
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Hi Kinder Penguin

I like how your using a pretty standard looking hyper offense team with some unique elements to surprise your opponent such as Magic Coat on Deoxys-D and Hidden Power [Fire]. Now looking at your team, it is threatened by opposing Sun teams. Chlorophyll Vensaur can outspeed your entire team when sunlight is up which it will be usually since you carry no weather starter. He can hit everything hard with its standard coverage of Giga Drain and Hidden Power [Fire] after it cripples something with Sleep Powder and sets up a Growth. For this threat, I suggest replacing Rotom-W with a Life Orb Offensive Latias with a moveset of Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Surf / Recover. Latias is one of the best checks to Sun teams with her great typing that resists Fire and Grass type attacks and her massive Special Defense stat. Latias also helps fulfill Rotom-W's role as a check against Rain teams with her Water type resistance but also provides a more offensive presence that synergizes well with your team style. She can take almost any attack from Venusaur and finish the frog off with a STAB Psyshock. Draco Meteor is a powerful STAB attack that Latias can fire off for solid damage and Surf provides coverage against Heatran and Scizor. Recover allows Latias to heal off Life Orb recoil as well as Burn and Poison damage, greatly augmenting her bulk. Placing her on an HO team with Stealth Rock and Spikes support really helps her nab OHKO's and 2HKO's she would otherwise not be able to get.

On Gengar, I suggest replacing Hidden Power [Fire] with Thunderbolt. HP Fire is a nice way to hit opposing Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Scizor but it forces Gengar to only have 30 Speed IVs, thus causing him to be outspeed by Latias, Latios, and other Gengar, situations that would otherwise by speedties. Thunderbolt provides some coverage against the many Water types that roam the metagame. Another change on Gengar is placing the 4 HP EVs into Special Defense. This is a small change but it results in Gengar having an odd HP number so he can create the maximum number of Substitutes and Stealth Rock switchins.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Set:
    Show Hide
    Latias (F) @ Life Orb
    -Draco Meteor
    -Psyshock
    -Surf
    -Recover

tl;dr
    Show Hide
    Rotom-W ----> Life Orb Offensive Latias
    Hidden Power [Fire] on Gengar ----> Thunderbolt
    4 HP EVs on Gengar ----> 4 Special Defense EVs
  6. Kinder Pinguin

Kinder Pinguin

Thanks to all for the suggestions, I think I'll try them :p
  7. D i a b l o

D i a b l o Guest

Hi KinderPinguin, nice to see you.
    I really like this team, but I have some advice for you: Terrakion and SunnyTeam are dangerous for your team so you can try CMLatias over Gengar.
    For Deo-D you change Rocky Helmet on Red Card, with this you can fuck off the setupper.
    Hope I helped you, good luck.

[​IMG]
    252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Leftovers ~ Timid
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Recover
    ~ Dragon Pulse
    ~ HP Fire
  8. Kinder Pinguin

Kinder Pinguin

After trying all the suggestions the team became:

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Bullet Punch
    - ExtremeSpeed

Deoxys-D @ Mental Herb
    - Spikes
    - Night Shade
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
    - Protect
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Terrakion @ Choice Band
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor
    - Earthquake

- Outrage
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Recover

thanks to all :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)