1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[BW2 OU] Rain Offense

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by ZoroarkForever, Mar 27, 2013.

1. ZoroarkForever

ZoroarkForever

On Serebii, my clan, the Assassin's Alliance, is having a contest of who can make the best team with Kyurem-B in it. I saw this as an opportunity to use one of my favorite playstyles, Rain, with another one of my favorite playstyles, Offense. And thus, Rain Offense was born. It got me an ACRE of about 1850 on Pokemon Showdown.

Here's my team:

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Kyurem-B@Life Orb
    Ability: Teravolt
    Rash Nature
    EVs: 212 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 44 Spd
    -Fusion Bolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Focus Blast
    -Roost

So this set looks weird at first, but this variant of Kyurem-B does everything I want it to. It gets flawless coverage, hits like a truck, and lures out Ferrothorn like a champ. It KOs so many things and breaks walls like nothing else. As a rain team, we don't like other weather inducers. Kyurem-B guarantees a OHKO against Scarf and Band T-Tar, any Abomasnow variants, and Physically Defensive Hippowdon. Max SDef/HP Sassy Hippo is 2HKOed with a 31.5% chance to OHKO. He can take any hit from ScarfTar in sand at full health and KO back. He also outspeeds BandTar in sand and OHKOs it. The 44 Speed EVs are there so Kyurem-B can outspeed uninvested base 100s, specifically Celebi.

[​IMG]
    Sharpedo@Life Orb
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    -Waterfall
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Protect

Kyurem-B's partner in crime. Kyurem-B lures out Ferrothorn and softens up the opposing team; Sharpedo cleans up the mess that's left over. Sharpedo is amazing under rain. I run a classic Sharpedo set. Nab a speed boost, spam Waterfall against anything that doesn't resist, and profit. The only problem is that he's really weak to priority. That's all there is to it.

[​IMG]
    Toxicroak@Black Sludge
    Ability: Dry Skin
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SDef
    -Drain Punch
    -Sucker Punch
    -Substitute
    -Bulk Up

Toxicroak really is great under rain and decent without it. Toxicroak likes to come in on anything that's durdling around, set up a sub, get a boost or two, and kill whatever switches in. Once it gets going, physical attacks can't hurt it and he hits extremely hard. Gengar and Jellicent give it problems though. 18.5% recovery under rain makes it really annoying to kill.

[​IMG]
    Jirachi@Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 252 HP/ 208 Def/ 48 Spd
    -Flash Cannon
    -Thunder
    -Calm Mind
    -Substitute

My Jirachi runs the classic Rain SubCM set with some EV changes. The 48 speed EVs are there to outspeed the average Jirachi so I can set up sub before the paraflinching begins. The HP and Def EVs are there so Jirachi can take a strong physical hit and continue sweeping. Thunder has 100% accuracy in the rain and a 60% paralyzation chance. Flash Cannon is my STAB move of choice and hits decently hard. Substitute protects Jirachi from status and gives it a buffer against powerful attacks.

[​IMG]
    Thundurus-T@Life Orb
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
    IVs: 30 Atk, 30 Def
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Nasty Plot
    -Agility

Wow. Another sweeper. You must think I’m crazy for the amount of set sweepers on this team, but they all function differently and many teams can’t handle them all. Thundurus is very powerful on this team. He switches in on Ground and Electric type moves, grabs a boost in the appropriate stat, and starts KOing things. He has BoltBeam coverage and hits hard without boosts, if needed.

[​IMG]
    Politoed@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Drizzle
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk, 30 SAtk
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Hidden Power (Grass)
    -Focus Blast

Well, it is a rain team and every team needs a rain starter. I chose a Choice Scarf set because my team is offensive and I find that Choice Scarf is better than Specs. Hydro Pump is the STAB move of choice, hurting anything that doesn’t resist and even some that do. Ice Beam hits Flying ,Dragon, and Grass types quite hard. HP Grass hits Gastrodon and Swampert. Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn and T-Tar.​

A Final Look:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I hope you enjoyed my take on a Kyurem-B rain team. I appreciate any suggestions or comments. Thanks.

Show Hide
    Kyurem-B@Life Orb
    Ability: Teravolt
    Rash Nature
    EVs: 212 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 44 Spd
    -Fusion Bolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Focus Blast
    -Roost

Sharpedo@Life Orb
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    -Waterfall
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Protect

Toxicroak@Black Sludge
    Ability: Dry Skin
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SDef
    -Drain Punch
    -Sucker Punch
    -Substitute
    -Bulk Up

Jirachi@Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 252 HP/ 208 Def/ 48 Spd
    -Flash Cannon
    -Thunder
    -Calm Mind
    -Substitute

Thundurus-T@Life Orb
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk, 30 Def
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Nasty Plot
    -Agility

Politoed@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Drizzle
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk, 30 SAtk
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Hidden Power (Grass)
    -Focus Blast

2. ThudnStuff

ThudnStuff

Overall your team isn't bad, but a lot of improvement can be made. Your team has no real pivot switches or anything that would really want to take a hit. With no wish support on the rachi life orb damage on all your pokes will ware down and if you cant break your opponents walls and you will lose. I enjoy offensive style teams, but not having a good wall/support poke will end up hurting you in the long run.

The mixed Kyrum-B set really would take me by suprise and I would be pretty screwed when I predicted wrong and my defensive wall would be screwed and I would have to fodder it off so nothing else takes unnecessary damage.

I would definitely change the politoed to the standard deffensive set. It brings a good wall into your team that really needs it.

With the thundurus it would be better with the scarfed set. It will allow to outspeed most other pokes with the scarf and it still has a huge base spec attack stat to be able to hit hard. Plus using volt switch can net you a lot of offensive momentum.

Sub cm rachi can be a deadly set, but your team can really use the wish support and the rocks. The standard spec defensive rachi would be the best addition to your team as it can wish pass to your beaten down sweepers and walls and just be an annoying poke to deal with. Plus with the rocks support will put a lot of offensive pressure on your opponent and reduce switching on their side and allow you to slowly ware down threats.

Having both toxicroak and sharpedo wont net you much with a very high electric weakness. After thundurus has been knocked out your opponent can freely go for t-bolt/volt switch as much as they want and gain a lot of momentum. Changing either the toxicroak of the sharpedo, I would personally get rid of toxicroak, to the stand specs or life orb latios set. Latios is a powerful pokemon and would make a great addition to your team and be a great final touch.
  3. Cinco Diablo

Cinco Diablo

Hi there!

Very cool team you have here, with solid use of underrated threats such as Toxicroak, Sharpedo, and a real underrated, but potent threat in Double Dance Thundurus-T, so props for that. However, there are some flaws in this team that I can see. Hopefully, my rate can help this team improve as much as possible while also ironing out the flaws that I am about to address. With all that out of the way, let's get to my rate! First up, I would like to suggest running an EV spread of 244 HP / 132 Atk / 120 Def / 12 Spe on your Toxicroak over your current EV spread. The aftermentioned EV spread prevents Toxicroak from being 2HKO'd by any Terrakion set, while also outspeeding defensive Rotom-W, allowing it to set up a Substitute before it can Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave it. Moving on with your team, I believe that running Psyshock over Flash Cannon on Jirachi would be an excellent choice. With Psyshock, you are able to win against opposing Calm Minders if it comes down to a Calm Mind war, while also hits Blissey, Chansey, Breloom and Toxicroak for excellent damage. Up next, I would definitely recommend running Thunder over your current choice of Thunderbolt on Thundurus-T. Thunder is an insanely high Base 120 Powered move that is boosted to sky high levels when factoring in STAB, a Nasty Plot boost and Life Orb. Up next, I would run a Timid Nature on your Politoed over your current Modest Nature. With a Choice Scarf & a Timid Nature, Politoed is allowed to outspeed all Pokemon under base 130 Speed. Finally, I would run Surf and Perish Song over your current choices of HP Grass and Focus Blast. With Surf, you get an excellend secondary STAB attack, useful against Set-Up sweepers, as they can take one Hydro Pump miss and sweep you clean, while Perish Song shuts down Set-Up sweepers completely. Well, that's all I have to say for now, I hope my advice helped. Have fun and good luck in your future endeavours!

TL;DR (open)
    TL;DR (open)

• Toxicroak [​IMG]: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SDef -> 244 HP / 132 Atk / 120 Def / 12 Spe
    • Jirachi [​IMG]: Flash Cannon -> Psyshock​
    • Politoed [​IMG]:​
    • Modest -> Timid​
    • HP Grass & Focus Blast -> Surf & Perish Song​

~Dr Ciel~
  4. ZoroarkForever

ZoroarkForever

Thanks for the rates. I'm going to change my Jirachi to a more standard defensive one. Wish passing sounds great and I'm looking forward to testing it. I'm also going to change Politoed's nature and moveset and Toxicroak's EV spread. I'll update the team after some testing.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)