BW2 Rain Team [peaked #3 on PS] -first RMT

Hey guys!
This is my first smogon RMT and i present you my rain offense BW2 team.
It peaked #3 on pokemon showdown and it worked pretty well on the mainserver (around 1430+ dunno exactly) which is pretty good for me cuz i m a ubers battler :D

Team at a glance :

A closer look :

Quaxo (Politoed) (F) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Perish Song

My lead is scarf politoed. Its in my team cuz every rainteam needs a poli^^
Scarf polit beats noobs alone and its my BP (baton pass) counter.
Surf is stab and ice beam helps against dragons. focus blast hits ferrothorn and ttar :3

Voltolos (Thundurus-T) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is the reason why this team exist. Thundurus-T. Its my weapon against gliscors gastrodons etc....

I thunder every mon of the opponent cuz its a very nice stab and whit a high spA it rapes. Than the opponent switchs a ground mon in and i surprise him with hp[ice] or grass knot. Expertbelt Thundurus is a monster !

Kapilz (Breloom) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

This is the best breloom set imo (in my opinion ((: ).
Spore is there to cripple a mon. Normally the opponent expect a SD but no! i use Focus Punch ! cuz with SR + FP and mach punch kills dnite thundurus tornadus latios etc. bullet seed is with MP+FP tripleSTAB.

Donphan (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Donphan. This is my spinner and rockssupporter. Donphan is needed cuz thundurus and dnite etc hate rocks! and with the focuspunch machpuch tactic on loom its needed. Donphan beats terra if loom is down.

Dragoran (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake

NITE. every team needs a dragon (my teams need dragons ;) )
so i decided to play with nite. why? cuz looms. nites are happy when they face a loom^ [ofc not if my oppponent was able to set up rocks and got focuspunch ^.^ js]
Nite is a monster after one dd its able to sweep whole teams :3 so its a big part of my team

Toxiquak (Toxicroak) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Toxicroak is my last mon. I thaught a long time about the last pkmn and yeah here is it. Its my next physical sweeper. After 1 SD its pretty gg.

drain punch is STAB and it hits hard. icepunch for nite and glis suckerpunch for alakazam and latios.

sry for grammar mistakes im german ~
and pls rate my team ofc!

Conclusion:

I like the team but the major thread is GYARADOS ! cuz after 1 dd its gg so i need rocks AND i must perish song it with poli but if u use the team try to play around it.

BTW feel free to use the team.

i hope you enjoyed the team! :D

Importable :http://pastebin.com/BkcE1vCu

greetings timmeh

Hi

One thing I would change is Waterfall over Earthquake on Nite. +1 Waterfall in the rain does a ton of damage, and makes your Dragonite less weak to Skarmory, and a SkarmBliss core can really cause this team some problems.

I would also swap Focus Punch for Low Sweep on Breloom. Low Sweep lets you hit faster things on the switch and leave them open for the chance to outspeed and 2HKO (You might be able to 2HKO Latios after rocks, but idr).

Your team also really has nothing that wants to take a Hurricane from Tornadus. In fact, I'm pretty sure that everything on your team bar Thundurus is OHKOed by Specs Hurricane after Stealth Rock. Ice Shard from Donphan won't be doing too much, and it's easy enough to play around as it is. If you want to fix this, you could swap someone (probably Toxicroak) for a Specially Defensive Jirachi. If you do decide to do this, you will need a Keldeo Counter, since Toxicroak is your main answer. I would recommend using Bulky Starmie with Scald Psyshock Rapid Spin Recover 252 HP 4 SpAtk 252 Spe Timid and Leftovers (use it over Donphan, you can give Rachi Stealth Rock).

Hope I helped. Good luck~

so thx for ur rate !

yeah starmie is a nice idea :3 well why sdef rachi ? subcm would be better in my opinion

Hi Timmeh, your team has serious problems with Tornadus-T, and stab Hurricane OHKO throughout your team the only that can get him Thundurus-T and even more so just to suffer a good damage, I suggest to solve this problem in Special Defensive Jirachi Donphan the place you will lose your Rapid Spin will gain a more entrarda Tornadus safe, I suggest using Nasty Plot Grass Knot instead of the T-Thundurus and Focus Blast instead of Volt-Volt Switch with Thundurus it will function as a great Late Sweeper game using the setup, I suggest to change the Choice Band Dragonite you already have that many Pokemon setupam, Dragonite Outrage has stabeado that with Choice Band doi anything other than Steel.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene race
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Sp.Def / 32 Spd
Nature Careful (+ Sp.Def,-SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: Atk 252/4 Sp.Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+ Attack,-SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Superpower
- Extremespeed

• Special Defensive Jirachi> Donphan
• Nasty Plot> Grass Knot on Thundurus-T
• Focus Blast> Volt Switch on Thundurs-T
• Choice Band Dragonite> Dragon Dance Dragonite

so thx for ur rate !

yeah starmie is a nice idea :3 well why sdef rachi ? subcm would be better in my opinion
Sub CM doesn't work with your team. Sub also means you cant take repeated Hurricanes, while you have some semi-reliable recovery with Wish (which you could pass on to your teammates if need be).

Here is the set:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP 252 SpDef 4 Spe
-Stealth Rock / Protect
-Wish
-Iron Head
-Body Slam / Protect

If you need Stealth Rock, then use it on Jirachi. Otherwise, I would use Protect in order to guarantee Wish Recovery (you can also scout and get an extra turn of Leftovers). Despite being a rain team, you have answers to Skarmory, so Body Slam is better, especially since Thunder leaves you very vulnerable to Thundurus-T.

i change the thundurus set directly well leftis / ebelt / lo?
well ur now the 2nd person who says jirachi so i change it now for toxicroak

well i tested CB nite but than it didn t work well :( cuz ferro says hi and can set up SR

Sub CM doesn't work with your team. Sub also means you cant take repeated Hurricanes, while you have some semi-reliable recovery with Wish (which you could pass on to your teammates if need be).

Here is the set:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP 252 SpDef 4 Spe
-Stealth Rock / Protect
-Wish
-Iron Head
-Body Slam / Protect

If you need Stealth Rock, then use it on Jirachi. Otherwise, I would use Protect in order to guarantee Wish Recovery (you can also scout and get an extra turn of Leftovers). Despite being a rain team, you have answers to Skarmory, so Body Slam is better, especially since Thunder leaves you very vulnerable to Thundurus-T.

thx for the set !
its in the team with starmie i ll test it :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)