1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Bye Bye Blaziken [Retired DW]

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Exeggutive, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Exeggutive

Exeggutive

Hello Smogonites. This is one of my older teams, but I was still using it until Blaziken was banned. I started using this team a little after B/W was released on PO and I peaked at around 1250-1300. But yeah, Blaziken is banned now so I really don't have a use for this team anymore.

[​IMG]

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Swarm
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Quiver Dance
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    My lead. Volcarona is an awesome lead. I really like to use this set because it lets me setup on bulky Waters like Politoad, Jelicent, etc and Ninetails leads. Once I get to +2 or +3, I can setup to +5 or even +6 behind my sub with ease. I went with Fiery Dance instead of Flamethrower to get some Spec. Atk boosts without the need for Quiver Dance.

[​IMG]

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Atk / 72 SAtk / 184 Spd
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Protect
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Overheat
    - Stone Edge
    Sadly, Blaziken is now banned, but it was great while he lasted. I run a mix-ish set, I tried to make similar to the physical-mix Infernape, a great mixed attacker from 4th Gen. Max attack for the most damage of course. The speed EVs allow me to outspeed 252 Speed, Jolly Excadrill in the sand. Overheat does a decent amount of damage to Gliscor and KOs Infernape. The moves are pretty self-explanitory. Hi Jump Kick and Stone Edge for coverage. Overheat for physical walls. Protects helps with other Blazikens using Hi Jump Kick and snatching those Speed Boosts.

[​IMG]

Mamoswine (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Superpower
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    Hmmmmm. Pretty simple Pokemon. Mamoswine is another one of my physical attackers. It sets up Stealth Rocks when I can. Ice Shard is wonderful for taking down Garchomp and other Dragons. Earthquake is pretty powerful. The only problem is Snow Cloak... But I felt that being able to hit Ferrathorn for Super-effective damage was too much to pass up. Oh well.

[​IMG]

Virizion @ Leftovers
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 108 HP / 212 Def / 60 SAtk / 128 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Focus Blast
    @@@@<333333333 Completely passed all of my expectations. Not only does it completly slaughter Rain teams, Virizion is just a hell of a sweeper. After one boost, Virizion becomes a specially defensive monster; with no added EVs! Along with the bulky stats, Virizion is an awesome counter to Tyranitar, maybe even the best counter ever.(?) It completely destroys the Ferrathorn+Jelicent combo. Walls the hell out of Landros. Awesome awesome Pokemon. With the banning of Shandera, it wouldn't surprise me if Virizion becomes more common.

[​IMG]

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Toxic
    - Slack Off
    - Flamethrower
    - Surf
    A Water type that actually kills Ferrathorn! Slowbro stops many threats in thier tracks, like Blaziken, Conkuldurr, Excadrill, etc. I went with Surf over Scald for the damage... Toxic>Burn imo. Pretty basic set/Pokemon.

[​IMG]

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 132 HP / 252 SAtk / 124 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Focus Blast
    Last but not least... Thundurus! A solid Prankster user is almost a must nowadays so I went with Thundurs for that role. Spreads paralyze, kills Gliscor, just a complete team player. Focus Blast.. again. Ferrathorn and Excadrill are both common switch ins. The EVs, are pretty random aswell. Instead of spreading putting a ton in speed, I decided to put them in HP, so it can take a lot more hits, that also explains Leftovers rather than Life Orb.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)