1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Bye Bye Blaziken [Retired DW]

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Exeggutive, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Exeggutive

Exeggutive

Hello Smogonites. This is one of my older teams, but I was still using it until Blaziken was banned. I started using this team a little after B/W was released on PO and I peaked at around 1250-1300. But yeah, Blaziken is banned now so I really don't have a use for this team anymore.

[​IMG]

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Swarm
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Quiver Dance
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    My lead. Volcarona is an awesome lead. I really like to use this set because it lets me setup on bulky Waters like Politoad, Jelicent, etc and Ninetails leads. Once I get to +2 or +3, I can setup to +5 or even +6 behind my sub with ease. I went with Fiery Dance instead of Flamethrower to get some Spec. Atk boosts without the need for Quiver Dance.

[​IMG]

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Atk / 72 SAtk / 184 Spd
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Protect
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Overheat
    - Stone Edge
    Sadly, Blaziken is now banned, but it was great while he lasted. I run a mix-ish set, I tried to make similar to the physical-mix Infernape, a great mixed attacker from 4th Gen. Max attack for the most damage of course. The speed EVs allow me to outspeed 252 Speed, Jolly Excadrill in the sand. Overheat does a decent amount of damage to Gliscor and KOs Infernape. The moves are pretty self-explanitory. Hi Jump Kick and Stone Edge for coverage. Overheat for physical walls. Protects helps with other Blazikens using Hi Jump Kick and snatching those Speed Boosts.

[​IMG]

Mamoswine (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Superpower
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    Hmmmmm. Pretty simple Pokemon. Mamoswine is another one of my physical attackers. It sets up Stealth Rocks when I can. Ice Shard is wonderful for taking down Garchomp and other Dragons. Earthquake is pretty powerful. The only problem is Snow Cloak... But I felt that being able to hit Ferrathorn for Super-effective damage was too much to pass up. Oh well.

[​IMG]

Virizion @ Leftovers
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 108 HP / 212 Def / 60 SAtk / 128 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Focus Blast
    @@@@<333333333 Completely passed all of my expectations. Not only does it completly slaughter Rain teams, Virizion is just a hell of a sweeper. After one boost, Virizion becomes a specially defensive monster; with no added EVs! Along with the bulky stats, Virizion is an awesome counter to Tyranitar, maybe even the best counter ever.(?) It completely destroys the Ferrathorn+Jelicent combo. Walls the hell out of Landros. Awesome awesome Pokemon. With the banning of Shandera, it wouldn't surprise me if Virizion becomes more common.

[​IMG]

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Toxic
    - Slack Off
    - Flamethrower
    - Surf
    A Water type that actually kills Ferrathorn! Slowbro stops many threats in thier tracks, like Blaziken, Conkuldurr, Excadrill, etc. I went with Surf over Scald for the damage... Toxic>Burn imo. Pretty basic set/Pokemon.

[​IMG]

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 132 HP / 252 SAtk / 124 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Focus Blast
    Last but not least... Thundurus! A solid Prankster user is almost a must nowadays so I went with Thundurs for that role. Spreads paralyze, kills Gliscor, just a complete team player. Focus Blast.. again. Ferrathorn and Excadrill are both common switch ins. The EVs, are pretty random aswell. Instead of spreading putting a ton in speed, I decided to put them in HP, so it can take a lot more hits, that also explains Leftovers rather than Life Orb.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)