C$FP vs jasblahblahmeaninglessstringofnumbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SPKgaCkwtE
Jas and C$FP arrive at the renowned Neon Colisseum to combine their battling and gambling habits into one.
The Pokeballs are placed on a roulette. And the roulette spins! clickclickclickclickclickclick-click-click-click-click-click click click click click...click....click.......click..........BING!
The players each pick up their two random Pokemon.
Jas finds himself holding an unfamiliar Lairon and his own Porygon2.

Lairon [Heavy Head] (Male)
Nature: Careful (+ to Special Defense, - from Special Attack)
Type: Rock/Steel
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Sturdy
Type: Innate
This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.

Ability 2: Rock Head
This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.

Ability 3: Heavy Metal (DW)
Type:Innate
The Pokemon's body structure is immensely dense, doubling its weight. When it uses a full-body attack or a weight-based attack it will do more damage, and it will be much harder to lift, throw, or knock back.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 40

EC: 8/9
MC:
DC:
0/5

Attacks:

Tackle
Harden
Mud-Slap
Headbutt
Metal Claw
Iron Defense
Roar
Take Down

Curse
Head Smash
Iron Head

Earthquake
Shadow Claw
Rock Slide

Porygon2 (Blaster)
Nature: Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)

Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Abilities:
Trace: (Can be activated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Download: (Innate) At the beginning of the match, the Pokemon analyzes the opponent and downloads data that lets it deal more damage. This Pokemon receives a one (1) stage increase on the offense that strikes an opponent’s weaker defense stat. (e.g. does more damage with special attacks when facing Aggron, which has higher defense, and attack when facing Hypno, which has higher special defense. For ties, Attack is raised.) This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Analytic (DW): (Can be activated) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Porygon2
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 60

EC: 6/9
MC: 2
DC: 4/5

Attacks:
Conversion
Conversion 2
Sharpen
Tackle
Agility
Psybeam
Recover
Magnet Rise
Tri Attack
Discharge
Magic Coat
Signal Beam

Thunder Wave
Ice Beam
Toxic
Shadow Ball
Hyper Beam

Seeing this, C$FP is not to surprised to find himself still wielding his Scyther, though the Murkrow he has been gifted gains his curiosity.

Murkrow [Lafayette] (M)

Nature:
Rash (+1 SpA, -1 SpD)

Type: Dark/Flying

Dark:
Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 91

EC: 1/9
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Abilities:

Insomnia: (Innate) This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Super Luck: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural skill doubles (x2) its critical hit levels above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 1/3rd of the time.
Prankster (DW): (Inate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level. (Locked)

Attacks:

Peck
Astonish
Pursuit
Haze
Wing Attack
Night Shade
Assurance
Taunt

Roost
Psycho Shift
Confuse Ray

Calm Mind
Thunder Wave
Snarl

Scyther [Claws] (Female)
Nature: Adamant (+ to Attack, - from Special Attack)
Type: Bug/Flying
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Swarm
When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, X-Scissor from 8 to 10)

Ability 2: Technician
This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally have 6 or less Base Attack Power to have their Base Attack Power multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) Base Attack Power, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

Ability 3: Steadfast (DW)
Type:Innate
If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 105

EC: 0/6
MC:
DC:
0/5

Attacks:

Vacuum Wave
Quick Attack
Leer
Focus Energy
Double Team
Pursuit
False Swipe
Agility
Wing Attack
Fury Cutter

Counter
Reversal
Safeguard

Aerial Ace
Brick Break
X-Scissor

2v2 Singles
2 day DQ
0 Recoveries/3 Chills
Switch = KO
No Items
All abilities

Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Restrictions: No digging, no water source, no seismic activity.

This arena is meant for (but not exclusively used for) Fortune Battles. These battles are not about who has better Pokemon, it is more of a combination of skill and luck. All of the Pokemon brought to the match are put together, and randomly given out to each trainer. The trainers battle normally from there with the Pokemon they are given. Any KO counters a trainer earns for a Pokemon that is not theirs can be given to any of the Pokemon that trainer brought to the match. Other counters are given normally. Now, for the arena itself. It is a sphere hanging off the side of a building, open on the side facing outward. There is no water source, and the floor is too hard for digging. Any seismic activity would be incredibly disastrous, and is therefore forbidden.

C$FP's Pokemon, Jas' poke and actions, C's actions, reffing, etc

Oh yay, I get the flying types which are walled by my own Lairon. o____o Well, I know how to use my own Scyther better, so I will take a risk and send him out. Go Claws!

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man, this is a nice match up for me. Lairon seems like it can own this battle, so lets see what it can do. Heavy Head, lets see what you can do.

This looks like it should be a easy match up, but Counter could make it difficult. So lets start by boosting up. The get in one big hit. But if a it hasn't made its third action by the time you move, then it is going to try and counter you, so boost more, I guess...

Curse - Iron Defense - Head Smash
If you move first on action 3 (because Scyther is countering), use Curse instead.

Alright Claws, hopefully we will be able to work our way through this with some finesse, but it doesn't seem like there is anything that is going to do significant damage, other than Counter, which has been countered by actions. So we will have to find a different way to counter that which simply cannot go down! So here we go - we have to start off by setting up a Double Team, making 4 clones, thus making it so Head Smash is nearly certain to miss! Next, we will start the onslaught by using two Brick Breaks! It is certainly possible that we can get ourselves out of this mess, but it will take a lot of energy, unfortunately.

Double Team (4 clones), Brick Break, Brick Break

As though Jas were not partaking in the battle at all, the two Pokemon sent out are C$FP's Scyther and Lairon! Of course, only Scyther is currently under his command, and shows his former teammate the meaning of speed, dashing around to create a Double Team - or should I say Quadruple? Lairon doesn't give a fuck, lowering his own speed even further belows that of Claws with Curse while raising his Attack and Defense.
Done showing off, Claws moves in straight away and Brick Breaks the fighting weak Lairon. In Response Heavy Head bolsters his Defenses further with a shiny new coat of Iron.
Not put off by this, Scyther continues his Brick Breaking Assault. Lairon finally attempts to retaliate with a Heavy Head Smash. Sadly he targets one of the clones... and misses it, hitting the real Claws with a Critical Hit, doing considerable damage and dissipating the clones! Oh my!

(Just an amusing way of narrating, it was actually a clear simple hit. But yeah, you just got fiercly dicked by RNG)
Team C$FP
Scyther
51 HP
68 EN

Benched: Murkrow

Team Jas
Lairon
61 HP
79 EN
-1 Spe, +1 Atk, +3 Def

Benched: Porygon2

Oh, crap. Let's just keep up the effort and hope THIS TIME it pays off a little.

Double Team (4 clones), Brick Break, Brick Break

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We got really lucky last time, but no more relying on that. Start out by Roaring to get rid of the clones, then nail the real one with a pair of Head Smashes.

Roar - Head Smash - Head Smash

Lol I forgot to account for sturdy, Lairon actually has 2 more HP....

Claws attempts to distract his opponent with Double Team once again, but a mighty Roar from Lairon scares all but the real Claws from the battle.
Scyther goes back on the offensive regardless, striking Lairon with Brick Break and retreating before his opponent can land his second Head Smash.
Liking this maneouvre, Claws attempts it again with similar results; his Brick Break hits Critically but Lairon's Head Smash misses once again.

Yeah Hax just swapped sides. :/
Team C$FP
Scyther
51 HP
36 EN

Team Jas
Lairon
33 HP
50 EN
+2 Def

jas61292

used substitute
Really? Really? That sucks.

Well, anyways, lets do what we can before we go down.

Head Smash x3
If it Double Teams, use Roar instead.

Man, the RNG is crazy. Nevertheless, this time it was actually in OUR favor. Let's just try to get in some good damage so I may have a chance at winning.

Reversal, Reversal, Reversal
IF Head Smash misses the first action, THEN use Brick Break on the second action

This is ridiculous, Can't even be fucked reffing. Long story short Head Smash misses twice four times in a row and Scyther kills it. :/
Team C$FP
Scyther
51 HP
20 EN

Team Jas
Lairon
KO

Porygon2 gets sent out and C$FP issues some actions against it.

Oh, RNG. You are a crazy SOB in this match. Well, this Porygon2 is weak to Brick Break and Reversal (for now, I know Porygon owners seem to love Conversion(2)). So let's just go with a Fighting move first then some STAB I guess.

Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Wing Attack

jas61292

used substitute
Wait, what.... what the hell? Sure, it is 80% accurate, but the chances of this, 4 misses in a row is 0.16%. And I thought we would win this. Well, we still can. Maybe. Blaster is an absoluter monster, so lets do this.

It is true that I love my conversions, but not so much as to use it first. Lets just beat this thing right down. 100% accurate moves should take out 100% of its health, hopefully.

Ice Beam - Discharge - Ice Beam

I know its ridiculous. I rolled all hits above 90 for Head Smash. I'm very sorry...

Fed up with inaccuracy, Jas takes a new approach with Ice Beam, but not before Porygon2 takes a Brick Break to the face.
Scuther follows with STAB moves in the form of Aerial Ace and Wing Attack, doign heft damage, but a Discharge and a second Ice Beam from Porygon easily finish him off.
Team C$FP
Scyther
KO

Team Jas
Porygon2
55 HP
80 EN

Murkrow is sent out, Jas your actions please.

jas61292

used substitute
OK, well, that hurt. Fortunately, Blaster is both more powerful and sturdier than Lafayette, so we still have a chance.

Blaster, this round I wand you to just beat it down for as much damage as possible. Start out with your most powerful blast: the Hyper Beam. After that fire away with an Ice Beam. However, the first attack will make you sluggish, so separate the two moves with a Discharge, while you recharge.

Hyper Beam - Discharge - Ice Beam

WHY? WHY MUST YOU HAVE A SPECIAL DEFENSE REDUCING NATURE? Oh well, we do have an advantage out of some sort of miracle, and I intend to win! Unfortunately, you don't have a single STAB move with more than 6 BAP. But maybe we don't just need power to win...

Confuse Ray, Snarl, Night Shade

Murkrow emerges from its ball and finds an immediate problem - Porygon2 is superior to it in almost every way. Not deterred however, he utilises his only better stat to get in a Confuse Ray before Porygon2 can even move against it. Sadly, the confusion barely fazes the virtual creature and it hits hard with a powerful Hyper Beam.
Still determined to overcome the odds, Murkrow unleashes a Snarl, doign moderate damage and lowering Porygon2's impressive offenses. He's still unfazed by his foe's efforts though, and he decides to Discharge on the recharge.
Still hoping to whittle away the last of his opponents health, Murkrow attacks from - no wait, with, the shadows, doing exactly 10 damage with Night Shade. Porygon2 seems to still care very little, and the incoming Ice Beam deals hefty damage.
Team C$FP
Murkrow
24 HP
83 EN

Team Jas
Porygon2
31 HP
57 EN
-1 SpA

So Confuse Ray was for two actions I am assuming? Not that it really matters, since it never hit itself in confusion. Well, let's try that again and hope it works out this time!

Confuse Ray, Snarl, Night Shade

jas61292

used substitute
So, I was... wait, what? Blaster did THAT much damage? Holy.... that sorta makes me feel bad for what I am about to point out. But for accuracys sake, I have to say it: Night Shade is a Ghost Type damaging move, and Porygon2 is a Normal type. The attack should thus have no effect. At least, that is what I believe.

Edit: Data audit thread does say regardless of typing it does 10 damage, but in game it wouldn't work. I don't know what it is for ASB after all. So, whatever...

But, moving on, we are still low on health, and there are no recoveries for us to fix that. So lets just keep blasting away, and hope for the best.

Ice Beam - Hyper Beam - Discharge
If Blaster hurts itself in confusion, push actions back accordingly

Yeah, Ice beam and Hyper Beam do 24 damage each before stat drops. Also, you may be right about Night Shade but it doesn't matter anyway.

Like a broken record, Murkrow decides to repeat his exact previous moves, starting with confuse Ray, but sadly Porygon2 once again seems unfazed and hits with Ice Beam, leaving poor Murkrow on a bare minimum of health.
Scared, but still determined to try his best the bird Snarls once again. Porygon2 moves to land the (somewhat excessive) finishing blow, but (finally!) hits himself in confusion instead!
Eager to take advantage, Murkrow Night Shades one more time, but a final Discharge from Porygon2 seals his fate and leaves Jas victorious!

So, that's 4 RC for me
2 TC for you guys
Murkrow, Lairon, Scyther and Porygon2 get 1 EC, 1 DC and 2 MC or 3 MC if they have recently achieved full EC and DC
Jas gets two KO counters to spend on either Porygon2 or Murkrow
C$FP gets one KO counter to spend on either Scyther or Lairon

Awww... Well, this was sort of a strange outcome round after round, but you would've won no matter what the RNG did pretty much. GG, and thanks for reffing, Lord Jesseus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)