1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Calamity Under The Sun

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by FreeButter, Mar 3, 2013.

1. FreeButter

FreeButter formerly Tank178

Alright people! This is my second RMT on this site/forum, and has been a while since I have done my first one. But without a further ado, lets get into this RMT!
    ---​

First hand look:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Now the first immediate question is why there are not a single awesome Sun abuser (will explain roles in a few minutes). I was kinda figuring that all weather teams don't always need weather abusers, and this team is the outcome of it.
    A worthy note is that these sets are unusual or rare, a huge benefit for many surprises. I also tried to make it a new experience and some entertainment. Plus, it's nice seeing new things, ain't it?
    ---

[​IMG]
    Dialga @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 200 SAtk / 108 HP / 200 SDef
    Calm Nature
    Dragon Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Substitute
    Dragon Tail

Now, this Dialga is not the usual for two reasons: Sub, and Dragon Tail. The main purpose of Sub is for scouting, and as a lure. Ferrothorn tends to attempt to cripple Dialga by using Thunder-Wave or Leech Seed usually, but Sub stops that. I know I have Flamethrower to knock it out, and to do damage to the latter, but anytime I have this monster in on Ferrothorn, I always got the free sub. Next step is that I knock out Ferrothorn (or he switches,) and his switch in either is injured or knocked out. Now Dragon Tail on the other hand, is a slight help to Sub. I know Roar is a better option since it can get rid of subs, but leaves me as a bit of a pickle if I get hit by Taunt. It's Sp Defensive to help out Tentacruel if a problem arises.

[​IMG]
    Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    Taunt
    Substitute
    Thunder Wave
    Focus Blast

Now this guy, is awesome sauce. Thundurus is my kick start lead-off on the majority of my matches with this team. Taunt shut's down many hazard or set-up leads, such as Forretress. Taunt as well supports Dialga switching in to get up a sub, and helps the rest of the team. Subsitute is for additional scouting if the player knows better. Thunder Wave is to cripple Scarfers and cut a few sweeps short. Now, I have Focus Miss, I mean Blast. I know Giratina and Arceus-Ghost give huge problems to Thundurus since Focus Blast is it's only attacking move, but Arceus-Dark takes care of that problem first-hand, allowing the Prankster Genie to do his job with less to sweat about. Leftovers is so I can use more Subs.

[​IMG]
    Groudon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 Def / 232 HP / 24 SAtk
    Relaxed Nature
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast
    Roar
    Stealth Rock

Now, this land lobster is a huge filler for this team. His role is not only set up Stealth Rocks and Sun, but to Roar out Extreme Killer. I know Groudon does wall other physical attackers, but Extreme Killer is the worst out of all of them. "Well, Ferrothorn does it's job better." I know Ferrothorn is an appropriate counter to E-Killer, but then it allows my opponent to have their weather sweepers take me down. Now Fire Blast is helps quite a bit, for it helps when Groudon is burned, plus takes on the rare Gliscor. The rest kinda explains itself. Moving on...

[​IMG]
    Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 200 Def / 200 HP / 108 Spd
    Bold Nature
    Judgment
    Calm Mind
    Recover
    Refresh

Darkceus, is my favorite. Not only it's rare, but it's an excellent Mewtwo counter. Oh the joy when Darkceus switches in. All Ubers players know that Tentacruel cannot take Mewtwo's Psystrike, but with Darkeus being immune to them, is which how synergy build between these two mons. Darkceus switches in on Pystrike and wrecks havoc. This set has physical bulk to help when setting Calm Minds, for which many players switch in Physical attackers when doing so. The speed out-paces the majority of it's uber brothers. Other than that, the rest of the set is standard.

[​IMG]
    Zekrom @ Life Orb
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 176 Spd / 80 SAtk / 252 Atk
    Naughty Nature
    Bolt Strike
    Draco Meteor
    Focus Blast
    Tailwind

*Kyogre knocks out Thundurus!**Zekrom switches in!**Kyogre switches out!**Zekrom uses Tailwind!*
    Now you as well noticed another weird part of my set, Tailwind. Boy oh boy, I love this set as well. Many players suspect Zekrom to be scarfed, as they are almost always are in the usual Ubers tier, so this guy is a nasty surprise. Tailwind is not only for this beast, but for all it's comrades. Serving as a Offensive Support role, it is as well mixed. Draco Meteor cut's SpAtk, but this doesn't bother Bolt Strike for it being a physical attack. Bolt Strike is a must for this set, for it's power is needed. Focus Blast is around if Dialga, Groudon, or both are down and Steel-Types need to go bye-bye.

[​IMG]
    Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 SDef / 200 HP / 56 Spd
    Calm Nature
    Giga Drain
    Ice Beam
    Rapid Spin
    Toxic

Ugh, I got tired of seeing Blissey as the main Sp Def wall. But that is not the only reason why I chose Tentacruel over Blissey. 1)It's faster than Blissey, and the majority of the Ubers. 2)It gets Rapid Spin. With quite a few switching that happens in Ubers, Spike's are screwing me over. Stealth Rocks also stops Thundurus, which who I need as a check to set-up or others. The one weird addition to this Tentacruel is that it has Giga Drain. Giga is really only there for Kyogre's and when I need to net some Hp Back. Toxic I prefer over Toxic Spikes is so Thundurus does it's job at paralyzing mons, which stops all dem sweepers. And for Tentacruels set, it's a Sp Defensive wall.

That is this RMT. Feel free to rate, and give your thoughts on this team. This team team's main goal was to try something new that works, without having to have issues. Sorry if my RMT seems a little rushed, I was tired when I was making this. Hope you guys enjoyed this! Feel free to rate as well!

:( no replies.

Team Import:
    Show Hide
    Dialga @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 200 SAtk / 108 HP / 200 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Substitute
    - Dragon Tail

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Taunt
    - Substitute
    - Thunder Wave
    - Focus Blast

Groudon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 Def / 232 HP / 24 SAtk
    Relaxed Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rock

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 200 Def / 200 HP / 108 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Judgment
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Refresh

Zekrom @ Life Orb
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 176 Spd / 80 SAtk / 252 Atk
    Naughty Nature
    - Bolt Strike
    - Draco Meteor
    - Focus Blast
    - Tailwind

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 SDef / 200 HP / 56 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)