Call of Duty: Black Ops II

[youtube]x3tedlWs1XY[/youtube]

I'm not sure what the fuck I just watched, but it was certainly interesting. Of course, it's set to come out November. According to ComputerAndVideoGames, the game has an RTS mode of sorts, contains branching storylines, and sandbox levels.

And, at least for me, the only reason I will buy this will be because of the zombie mode which is making its return. While I'm naturally skeptical as the series has gone down the shithole in recent years, I can't say they aren't trying to shake things up anymore.

Official Site

Eh, inevitable sequel that'll probably sell as much, if not more than MW3. Seriously, how does Activision convince people to buy the same basic shooter with the same essential weapons (reskinned and making different noises) again and again...I want whatever brainwashing machine they have.

Wow this game looks hella dumb. "Enemy steal the keys to Skynet!" derpppppppp

A more plausible scenario(both are pretty dumb though): Skynet comes up, government realize how much power they have with these robots. government trys to take over with robots. rebels fight the government contorlled robots. gg i should write for infinity ward.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus

Robots with ridiculously over-powered guns? Why the hell not?

I wonder if Zombie mode will have like...half-robot/half-human zombies...

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
'MERICA, FUCK YEAH.

This looks like that same game to me, but now with robots added in. I'm sceptical about how much that will actually change.

i am going to be most pissed at this game
they've put too much robot and not enough gun in it
and it will extremely interesting to see how treyarch fares at modern warfare...

and no, i will not be playing the new possibly robot infused zombies

So, apparently this is going to be set in 2025, or at least that's what I heard. I'll probablty buy this, even if only for the zombies.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Holy shit this game looks fucking beastly. These aircrafts are look so good 9.9

As someone who is an avid call of duty fan, you can't tell much from this video that you didn't already know was coming to be honest. Big explosions, lots of gun fights and epic cinematics. "Gee I had no idea they were going to include those this time!"

I probably won't buy it though because its made by treyarch and because call of duty has just been getting progressively worse from a MP point of view. I'll probably wait a bit until it the price goes down and then get it.

Stopped playing in '09. Will this get me back into CoD? Hell fucking no.

I wonder if Activision still has Robb Alvey's embezzlement scandal fresh on their minds?

I hope they capitalize on the future setting to add more weapons with more personality.

I'll get it for MP but I'll probably end up living on Zombies. It'd be cool if instead of zombies we got to fight Aliens though. Would fit right in with 2012 :o

They need more weapon variety. Zombies sounds mega cool. MP could be fun bot mw2 and mw3 had a hacker epidemic, hope that will change. And, I hope they don't rape the HUD just to fit in to 'futuristic'.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As someone who is an avid call of duty fan, you can't tell much from this video that you didn't already know was coming to be honest. Big explosions, lots of gun fights and epic cinematics. "Gee I had no idea they were going to include those this time!"
Going on this point, I find it hilarious when people continue to bitch time after time about how terrible the Call of Duty franchise is. Most of us get it at this point; the continual Activision/COD circlejerk has gotten to the point where even in this thread, most go straight to the anti-fanboy "FUCK COD" until the proverbial horse is beaten to the death more times than a typical COD gamer will shoot each other up in their lifetime, and this is even without any gameplay. Yes, the COD franchise is a shadow of its former self, but Jesus Christ most of us with half a brain should know at this point that the COD franchise is a money maker (kind of like pokemon, since we're up to over 600 pokemon now, try telling your 12 year old self that, they would shit bricks). You don't expect Activision to change now; not here, not ever, since they're too busy swimming in their millions of dollars the franchise has made and will continue to make, since they've sort of stumbled on a chicken that lays golden eggs.

Anyways, trailer doesn't reveal too much other than a futuristic setting with robotic weapons which seem implausible even in the 2025 setting (even though we do have unmanned drones at this point, I don't see anything like that being mass-produced like in the trailer), but COD probably isn't going to touch on the realism aspect too much. It'll be interesting on what kind of spin they'll put on the Zombies franchise, since aliens seem implausible. Wonder if they'll still stick with Nazis, or go with Russians or some other stereotypical bad guy. I'll probably play for the Zombies aspect when they release some sort of LAN fix, but unless it's groundbreaking, which I doubt, the last COD I played on MP will be Call of Duty 2.

Not excited, but am glad it's not set back a million years ago. It's Treyarch, it'll suck, but I'll buy it, whatever. Gonna wait for the MP leaks/reveals.

We'll all buy it, and we will all love, then bitch about it. It has been like that since...forever.

This looks quite intriguing though, the zombies look awesome, storyline will be a eh, I got to agree though, I hope the net this time for multiplayer gets improved.

The guy talking... that's Mason isn't it?

To be honest I want to know what happened after Operation Charybdis..

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Who plays COD for story anyway? Im about 50% sure those robots will be killstreaks online. I skipped out on mw3. I just stopped being interested by shooting games. Also 8 player zombie would be awesome. On robot zombies. They can be like wolves of kino appearing every so often.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)