Call of Duty: Black Ops

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
only thing is that the maps are all average. no real terrible ones, but no real "YES!! vote that" maps.
Agreed

Played for a couple of hours last night at a friends house. I'm very happy they added local multi player online. That is the one thing I always hated about cod online that halo had, you could only play local vs, no online with more than one player. Fucking god send. If anybody is wondering how it works, you just get all the stuff player one has when you start playing, then you just start getting your own exp/buy your own stuff.

I'm not sure what everybody is complaining about with ak74u balance issues. In my 4 odd hours of playing, I never once found any gun to be particularly over powered. I'll see what I think when I get the game/more live in december.
Also
What the fuck is everybody talking about with sniping
I went positive every single game I played with the dragonuv. Thats not a brag, I haven't done that well with sniping in any game, most certainly not cod.
My kdr was regularly above 3. I was using the premade sniping class, since my friend was only using assault rifles.
Maybe because I was a guest I was only facing noobs?
I'm really confused.

well that was shit. I absolutely dislike this game and it was incredibly overhyped.

But there is one plus side, it migrated all the bush wookies and awful players on Bad Company back to Call of Duty <3

Level 29 currently in Online MP. So far I have dabbled in, or played a fair amount in everything this game has to Offer.

Online MP: Most definitely more balanced than MW2 imo. Currently liking the Galil, Olympia, AK74u, and L96A1. Not much to say about MP otherwise I've only really played ground war. The money system is not necessary and really only clutters up the game, the insane amount of challenges means your leveling up at an insane rate. With all the challenges, money, and contracts going around, there is too much to focus on. It kind of takes me out of the whole leveling up experience, a huge aspect of the game for me, which means I will not be investing quite as much time in this game as MW2. I'm a challenge driven type of guy, but now there are so many, and I get like five a match , so I just don't care anymore. Still the gameplay is solid in MP, with a good balance imo, also making it so that kills from killstreaks don't add to your current killstreak was genius. Splitscreen online is boss.

Zombies: fucking addicting, pretty damn hard, which really makes it addicting for me, played like at least 10 hours of zombies already.

Offline MP: Bot matches are the shit, reminds me of my good old days playing Nightfire.

Campaign: Played it from start to finish in one sitting, it was quite a thrill ride, a bit more than i've come to expect from the series, but no CoD4.

Overall fantastic game, with the Online MP getting better by the match for me.

pookar

Banned deucer.
lol veedrock thats so true

im pretty sure the guns people actually use are: ARs, AK74U, Dragonuv /endlist

ive been rolling with m16 w/ suppressor/acog and ghost/warlord pro/ninja. shits so cash. also famas w/ reflex ghost(or hardline)/steady aim/ninja. havent really gotten any time to use ak74u but im doing alright with the m16 and famas

with the cash, its nice. im at the level where i could probably buy everything important unlocked and still have around 25k to dick around with.
the spawns are, indeed, shit. I dont know whats with the programming, but god do people spawn weirdly, even in shit like domination

Spawns and the broken party system are killing this for me. I've put in around 12 hours, level 42 right now, and I honestly don't want to play anymore. Once Treyarch patches the party system I'm going to go back to it, but it's so frustrating playing by myself with a bunch of retards who let me die. Spawns will most likely never be fixed, but at least when I can finally go in with 6 people who have thumbs I won't even notice.

AK74u is still the best gun, haven't used anything else since before level 17. Once I get the Commando or the G11 I might start using those for AR's, but I'm just going to prestige so I'll barely get to use it.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ive been rolling with m16 w/ suppressor/acog and ghost/warlord pro/ninja. shits so cash. also famas w/ reflex ghost(or hardline)/steady aim/ninja.
What are you seeing as the benefits of Ninja? From my standpoint, ninja is utterly pointless, as even with my X31s turned up to full I cannot hear people with Marathon/Tactical Mask/Hacker/Second Chance.

But I agree with Veedrock, it's by far preferable to MW2; that was so broken it's not even worth talking about. As has been said before, the best guns (so far) are clearly the AKs, the FAMAS and the G11. I'm liking Hardline, but Ghost goes well on most things as well. Best second perk is SoH by far, I've never experienced anything yet where Warlord has been necessary. Second Chance is probably the best perk 3, but I refuse to lower myself to that moral standing.

The worst thing, by far, is the map selection system. Voting for a previous map is completely wrong, as it means Nuketown comes up infinite times in a row. I have no idea what people see in Nuketown, it's a terrible map.

Panic knifing is annoying, I'm even considering switching back to default layout, but the game is certainly in good shape when we're complaining about what's always been there. I'm not too bothered about the server troubles, a patch is coming and it's not affecting me too badly anyway.

I have no idea what people see in Nuketown, it's a terrible map.
Quoted for truth.

Spawns are fucking annoying though. I don't know why they are so bad but good christ, that needs to be fixed ASAP. Its either I will spawn in the middle of a huge fire fight or the entire fucking enemy team will spawn on top of me.

What are you seeing as the benefits of Ninja? From my standpoint, ninja is utterly pointless, as even with my X31s turned up to full I cannot hear people with Marathon/Tactical Mask/Hacker/Second Chance.
I'm 99% sure that this is actually a glitch that plans to be patched, so we should see in the coming days(hopefully) a fix that makes it so if you aren't using Ninja you make noise. I use Ninja myself just because I can't stand hearing my own footsteps.

pookar

Banned deucer.
Best second perk is SoH by far, I've never experienced anything yet where Warlord has been necessary.
Warlord Pro gives you double grenades. GG. And having a silent class like mine is vital to enough range and still be silenced. are there any other real uses? not really. but stealth classes should abuse dual attachments (unless its an SMG i guess)

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Spawns and the broken party system are killing this for me. I've put in around 12 hours, level 42 right now, and I honestly don't want to play anymore. Once Treyarch patches the party system I'm going to go back to it, but it's so frustrating playing by myself with a bunch of retards who let me die. Spawns will most likely never be fixed, but at least when I can finally go in with 6 people who have thumbs I won't even notice.

AK74u is still the best gun, haven't used anything else since before level 17. Once I get the Commando or the G11 I might start using those for AR's, but I'm just going to prestige so I'll barely get to use it.
Apparently the spawning system was fixed in WaW a couple of times? I think if Treyarch find it they will fix it, hopefully to the really good WaW system.

What the fuck is everybody talking about with sniping
I'm really confused.
There's no more quick scoping. You actually are limited to *shudder* camp to snipe now. But that's morally unacceptable.
I suppose I'll have to get used to it ... nawwwwwww. I'll just spam my AK's. Boy I do love my AK's.

ak74u is my baby. I love it. Whatever it is the best gun. not much recoil for a smg. good damage, good fire rate.

fuck man this game is good. im like level 37. my main class right now is 74u with rapid fire, ghost, sleight of hand pro, and marathon pro. this thing is a menace close range. my other class i've been using is galil with red dot, soh pro, marathon and ghost. my ks set up right now is 3 5 7 because im saving money to prestige. wager matches are great especially sticks and stones. so ya, my two cents so far.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
This game has the worst spawn system I have ever seen in any game. EVER.
Ya, and I thought mw2 was bad. But jesus christ this is really awful.

Also lol @alan I'm pretty sure you are the embodiment of everything that was wrong with mw2.

Fuck, anyone watched Wings new video of Domination (if you even watch him at all!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLnPQi0Qrfw&feature=sub

One of the best, if not the best match I've seen on Black Ops. Tbh too many newfags going for their 4 k/d games not even playing objectives and that's what's wrong with the game! >____>

Also the Galil is probably my favorite weapon currently, just in front of AK74u. I use the latter on all ffa matches and any dom / hq matches on small maps. galil is good enough to go into a close range fight with smgs and good enough to shoot medium-long range too, def pick on most other maps.

anyone sniping? i can't find many good spots to camp and snipe. jungle has one that i'm fond of, but that's about the only map i feel comfortable sniping on. (obv only on large maps should you even snipe!)

i tried sniping but i cant scope fast enough so even when i see someone to hit they are already moved out of my sights so its not even worth it, ill just use my galil to take em out instead.

there's like this new glitch for sniping. if you double tap y and then zoom in, you zoom in as if you had sleight of hand pro. i tried it and it works so if you really need to quick scope try that out

you'd think the delay of tapping would be just as bad as trying to zoom in normally, and even if it isn't I'd still say it'd be too slow to actually kill with it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)