Call of Duty: Black Ops

Well, if it can settle your scope faster so that it isn't randomly inaccurate, then it'd be helpful. I'll definitely have to try that.

I've found that drop shotting is more successful in this game due to the recoil of guns being existent compared to MW2.

Ahh new CoD brings me back to Smogon.

Black Ops so far much better than what MW2 became, however there are a few things that irk me but hey going to wait for all the oatches/fixes before I fully make my judgement.

Not hugely happy that Challenges are not really important anymore, thing that kept me going back to MW2 was doing the challenge's in order to get titles/emblems. On this it seems all you have to do is level up.

Another thing that is a pet peeve is there is no overall leaderboards (Weekly/monthly data fucked anyways). Theatre mode needs to be fixed, if it can will be amazing. Maps are nothing special, Nuketown is the sole map everyone wants to play so they can get a ridiculous amount of kills.

One thing that is disappointing is how overpowered the killstreaks are RC shouldn't have been a 3kill streak, Hardline flipping SAM/Sentry's but as soon as you flip it the package is no longer "yours" and can be stolen from you., ChopperGunner is absoloute destruction as to get Ghost Pro is a bit annoying as Sentry gun's are few and far between. Napalm Strike is a much needed improvement on Airstrikes, alas too overpowered.

Anyways we'll see how it goes.

Oh and best Black Op's vid I've seen so far is by far Spratty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-WVF1-Kehs

Lastly, I'm here to advertise a mates Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/ulyssesproductions

Currently doing top 5 Videos only, though in discussion on what else we can do.

All Top5 clip submission are welcome, just send the clips to ulyssesproductions@gmail.com. Can't record your own clips? Just subscribe to the channel. State your Gamertag w/ Fileshare of clip. Preferably we'd like un-edited film with time of clip so we can make a couple of edits or clips without being edited.

</ad>

Update 1.03 went live not too long ago. Here is what it did.

• Improved matchmaking makes finding and connecting to a match much faster
  • Improved matchmaking also ensures that players are more properly matched to games with the best networking conditions
  • Improved host selection ensures that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby which should cut down on the number of host migrations
  • Improved party system to keep your party from getting disbanded, this was especially difficult before the patch as your team members wouldn’t even always show up blue on your HUD so it was hard to coordinate any kind of tactics.
  • Disables the ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games (people were getting put into these game modes by accident and didn’t realize it)
  • Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed film uploads
  • Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All-Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
  • Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
  • Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps, gunfire, bomb plants/defuses
  • Additional online security enhancements
  • (PS3 Only) Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – should improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends

Information taken from: (http://zoknowsgaming.com/2010/11/18/call-duty-black-ops-title-update-103-live-fixes/)

pookar

Banned deucer.
lol today i played a boss game of demolition on nuketown

i got like 3 classes im rotating around now, trying to get pro perks. i already have hardline pro and warlord pro, im going for ninja pro and steady aim pro. hardline pro is awesome in parties because you can turn an ammo drop into literally anything else that is better. today i turned one of my random teammate's crates into a gunship and went and killed 20 people with it on nuketown. i finished like 68-42 , that game was INSANE all around.
almost got ninja pro i think, just a few more plants and its gonna be cash. steady aim only need 30~ hipfire kills more :D

ALSO: i think they changed the vote system where you can only replay a map once or twice in vote rotation :( at least on monday me and my friend played 15 straight tdm nuketown games.

lastly: i wish i was good/consistent with ballistic knife/crossbow. they are cool weapons but im hit or miss with them both. usually die when i get a kill anyway, if i do

Me and my mates tend to go +30-70ish on Nuketown Demolition, it isn't fair against most teams that play us (Although if you tend to get a couple of fairly decent players they'll usually stop the amount of C-Gunner's we get.)

This game has gone really downhill for me. It's still better than MW2 but it just doesn't have the fun factor that COD4 had.

pookar

Banned deucer.
Me and my mates tend to go +30-70ish on Nuketown Demolition, it isn't fair against most teams that play us (Although if you tend to get a couple of fairly decent players they'll usually stop the amount of C-Gunner's we get.)
dude i literally did not move my reticle for a good 5 seconds at one point and got like 6 kills because the demolition spawning, eventually most of them ran into the house on the spawn side (we were defending)

I dunno how you guys can stand Nuketown. It's not that I do bad on it, it's just very annoying having to turn your back every 7 seconds and check behind the desks for corner campers in the houses. Definitely glad I won't have to play it 3+ times in a row anymore, which happened way too often.

Basically going between AK47 w/ Extended mags, Stakeout w/ Grip, and M16 w/ suppressor.
The ARs are standard and what not, but I really like the Stakeout. It's the only shotgun that gets enough power and range for me. If you're lined up with them in your sights and they're in flamethrower range, they're going down. Thank God I get host a very good portion of the time, as it really helps.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Man I really want to use the olympia now...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYLtE_faKTQ

Man domination sucks when you don't have a good team to play with. When I do have people to play with all I end up doing is slowly rotating around the map. Take A, take B, lose A, take C, lose B, take A, lose C, take B, lose A, take C, ect. Been working wonders for me, as long as it's one of the maps that has the three flags in three corners of the map, as opposed to the A & C at either ends with B in the middle.

VirtualKaraokeCircusAct,

I watched that video, and as the Olympia is my favorite weapon, currently at 500+ kills, the man in the video is a fool for not using Sleight of Hand. I know he's trying to be cool and rebellious by not using the same thing as everyone else, but that's just stupid.

You've got two shots. Two shots equals not very many shots before you reload. Sleight of hand equals reload faster. Connection? Obviously. Plus, the man is using Second Chance. Douchebag plane online.

second chance is the gayest shit ever. also super glad they updated the voting system.

editing to say s+d is my new favorite mode of game play. also classical team deathmatch (under barebones) is super fun.

also i agree with TIK

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Why is there an option for "MAP NOT ALLOWED TO BE VOTED"? Why not just make it 2 fucking different choices?

Of course, this is me asking the same guys who put last stand and crappy ass knifing in yet another cod game....

Also, domination doesnt really have anything to do with winning and capturing flags in the first place. Just camping and killstreaks and kills.

I tried sniping out and I have no idea why people are/were crying about it. Yeah it's not obnoxiously easy like how it was in MW2, but it's still possible to do well if you are smart about how you turn corners and avoid tight spaces.

The only class you ever need to run is

Ak47 w/ Dual mag
Pistol

Frag
Flash/Nova
Claymore/Motion

Hardline/Scavenger/Flak
Sleight of Hand
Ninja/Marathon

Ak47 Dual Mag is disgusting to say the least, every 2nd reload is quicker than switching to your pistol. I don't like any of the Pistol's with the exception of M1911 (C275 is much better when not using Full Auto)

Nuketown Demolition when I am attacking I'm either behind Bomb (By Bus/ Can't remember if A or B), in their spawn behind the fence or in between the removal van.

When Defending I'm either by Garage Bomb (picked up a couple of Multi Spray's doing that) or Behind discarded furniture which covers both their exits, however your alot more open to fire from Window and nades from behind the fence.

Mate when something like 150 -28 on Nuketown Dem the other day.

I tried sniping out and I have no idea why people are/were crying about it. Yeah it's not obnoxiously easy like how it was in MW2, but it's still possible to do well if you are smart about how you turn corners and avoid tight spaces.
Doesn't sound like it's worth it to me. Why run the risk when you can just run an Assault?

people should start using mpl with dual mags. If youre like me and you dont like the feel of the 74, you can still get the double ammo on an smg. its good if you have to run ghost and not scavenger.

Doesn't sound like it's worth it to me. Why run the risk when you can just run an Assault?
Well, it's helpful for things like Domination. If you aren't against using something like infrared scope, you can defend easier than an AR.

@reyscarface Wait, minigames? I've played Dead Ops, but is there something else?

I got tired of bullshit ak47 and galil and commando shit so i decided to make a non-popular class i guess you could say.
it's:
ak47 with dual mags (i love this attachment)
auto pistol
scavenger
sleight of hand (crazy good w/ dual mags.)
hacker or marathon

it's a really fun class and i'm starting to like the 47 a lot.

edit: @ econbiscuit
fuck i didn't see your post. of course it had 47 with dual mags -.-

So uh, abusing Hardline Pro is wayyy too easy. Not saying it needs to be patched or something, but Hardline Pro with Sam Turret, Care Package, and Sentry Gun is pretty great. Hell you can just get the kill streaks on a class without Hardline and then switch when you die.

Maybe it's just cause I like low kill streaks to stop myself from camping as much, but it's extremely satisfying getting Dogs and Chopper Gunner in the same match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)