Call of Duty: Black Ops

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
just posting to take back my previous statement of mw2>black ops.

I hadn't played zombies till the other day actually but after a while it just becomes SUPER addicting (probably even more than multiplayer imo).

Also i know im probably alone on this but i seriously feel like the famas is fucking amazing. ive been using it with suppressor+ghost+sleight of hand pro+2nd chance pro (FUK ALAN) and ive been doing super well (like 1.89 k/d ratio) at least for me i mean.

I got tired of bullshit ak47 and galil and commando shit so i decided to make a non-popular class i guess you could say.
it's:
ak47 with dual mags (i love this attachment)
auto pistol
scavenger
sleight of hand (crazy good w/ dual mags.)
hacker or marathon

it's a really fun class and i'm starting to like the 47 a lot.

edit: @ econbiscuit
fuck i didn't see your post. of course it had 47 with dual mags -.-

I find that the auto pistol misses too many bullets and rather stick with the m1911. As for Scavenger, it's not really needed espicially if your running around alot, Dual Mag's give you increased Ammo anyways (30/150 iirc). Flak Pro's 65% Dmg cap on explosives, Hardline (Not a Pro abuser myself) and Ghost (if you have it pro) are much better first perks to run.

Little tip to running dual mags, Every 2nd reload is faster (1st, 3rd, 5th), if you have the time, shoot a bullet or two and reload for when you need it.

When running a Marathon Ak-47, I run steady aim instead. Also more partial to using Hardend Pro (when I eventually get it) than SoH for the less recoil when being shot.

just posting to take back my previous statement of mw2>black ops.

I hadn't played zombies till the other day actually but after a while it just becomes SUPER addicting (probably even more than multiplayer imo).

Also i know im probably alone on this but i seriously feel like the famas is fucking amazing. ive been using it with suppressor+ghost+sleight of hand pro+2nd chance pro (FUK ALAN) and ive been doing super well (like 1.89 k/d ratio) at least for me i mean.
Second chance pro is cool when you're in a party (I mean that it actually works). You can save your teammates killstreaks and potentially turn a bad game around. But I don't use it. It's too desparate for my taste =X.

Also FAMAS is good ._.

Here's what I rock:

Commando Reflex Sight+Dual Mags
Python Dual Wield

Scavenger Pro (for spamming nades)
Warlord Pro (more spamming nades)
Hacker Pro (Spotting campers)

Frags / Claymores / Concussion

Very nice all purpose class for me. I can slow it down and play defensively, or I can be aggressive on maps like nuketown.

I got to round 28

I did it by myself with a supercharged rocket launcher and typhoid & mary (supercharged hs10 is the dual hs10s).

I was set to keep going for at least another 3-5 rounds, but as always I was too overconfident and fucked up. It sucks losing in the higher rounds because you just watch 1-2.5 hours of work go to waste lol.

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I've gotten to 19. I got lucky enough to get and upgrade the ray gun and got juggernaut, sleight of hand, and fast revival perks. We just ended up running around around in circles in the theater killing everything that moved, buying traps and the auto turret every now and then and escaping into the teleporter once in a while if we got overwhelmed. We prolly coulda gone longer but idk what happened toward the end.

Also I got to round 28

I did it by myself with a supercharged rocket launcher and typhoid & mary (supercharged hs10 is the dual hs10s).
Thats p. fucking amazing lol. Ive never tried it by myself but fuck that seems hard as hell lol. did you just run around every round until it ended?

also do you guys prefer kino or five just out of curiosity??

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can consistently get to 22+ by myself on the theater map. Its quite easy to be honest. I stay in the begining room for 3 rounds and get all the kills with a knife to get some points. Then I unlock all the doors along the route of the MP40, grabbing it along the way, and I usually have just enough to get into the room and turn on the power. After a few kills I can afford Quick Revive (which is amazing in solo, which, in my opinion, is the easiest way to get up to higher rounds. I will explain why I think this later). I save up for Juggernaut and then toy box until I get some good guns, and usually have a pack-a-punched gun with a good side arm by wave 16-17. I don't get Sleight of Hand until I'm on my third quick revive (or have none left) because my strategy relies more on running around and I am hardly ever pressed into a corner reloading. After I get my third Quick Revive I will usually take Sleight of Hand, though. Double Tap is cool, but hardly essential.

My "strategy" is pretty much running around from the theatre to the starting room, down to the room with the mp40, and then back into the theatre, rinse and repeat; using the pack-a-punch room to rain grenades whenever there is a massive swarm. The electric fences obviously play a key part too, and in the later waves, they usually get most of the kills in a round to conserve ammo. In my opinion, the upgraded thundergun and Ray Gun is the best combo, one good for picking off individuals and one destroying crowds. This "strategy" really relies on running around, and its a lot easier by yourself, as 2 people increases the amount of zombies by quite a bit. Its also harder to run around as the whole draw of this is that the majority of the zombies will be behind you, which will not be true with someone else unless you both run in pretty much the same direction at the same time.

I rarely die to swarms, its often those 2 zombies that are there when I round a corner :|.

My current record is half way through wave 27; I haven't really been playing solo zombies for that long (about 3 days maybe?).

@folg: I like kino better. It's a lot easier to run around there in my opinion, and a lot less corners....

campaign story is cut and pasted even if a handful of set pieces keep it at least worth seeing through, level design is pretty awful in places compared to mw2. zombies is fun for maybe 10 minutes at a time with a friend, and the multiplayer is the same thing i played last year.

i need to stop buying sequels.

DO NOT GLITCH IN ZOMBIES.

I used the recent table glitch on Five with a friend. We formulated a perfect strategy and spent a large portion of our day putting it into action. The results: (we could have gone to higher waves but it would have been very slow going and boring)
My friend: Round 40, 30 seconds. 1000 kills
Me: Round 40, 40 seconds. 1200 kills
Shortly after the game we checked the highscores and we were both around number 800 in the world for score and for rounds lasted. However, within one day, my kills highscore was deleted and replaced by my previous record, and my friend's rounds lasted highscore was deleted and replaced by his previous record (so it was a big waste of time)
Also, when glitching the next day, my teammate and I suddenly fell dead to no particular reason, and about .5 seconds of the music looped over and over again so I knew it was a bad glitch.

But, I am kind of good at multiplayer and I'm good at Zombies without cheating. Xbox360 GT - CURI0USLYSTR0NG (the os are zeros)

2nd prestige.. I hate the patch the snipers are useless.

Gali ,extended mags,Masterkey
cz-auto pistol
Claymore or motion sensor

ghost / scavenger (scav is for I go KS on demo or ground war.)
Warlord
Hacker

= gg.

I got dogs with this class WAY to easily picking off kids that try to run up with the dam smg class.

Campaign sucks it was wya to short kinda of a mock up shit they just decided to throw together.
zombies is alright but WAW still had it better.

Recent post on CoD forums by JD2020

Hey Black Ops Community –

Treyarch is committed to providing all gamers with the best online experience possible, and that means maintaining the game’s integrity. We have a zero tolerance policy against exploitation, and this is to protect the many gamers who go online to compete and have legitimate fun. Below is a brief outline of our security and enforcement policy which will remain posted and will get updated here.

The team at Treyarch has worked very hard to create a fun, competitive online environment, and we want to keep this environment clean so that the game can be played as it was intended. Users who abuse the game through modding, boosting, glitching or making offensive emblems degrade the online experience for others, and we will take action to prevent this from happening.

Keep it clean. Play nice. Have fun.

Thanks
- Team Treyarch

CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS - SECURITY & ENFORCEMENT POLICY

Modders
Users who have modified their hardware and have run hacked script or code. This includes modifying profile data to use illegal characters in a player’s name.

• • Instant permaban. You will no longer be allowed to play the game online, and you will be reported to the console manufacturers.
Boosters
Users who organize to exploit the game for the explicit purpose of ranking up very quickly or to appear in a high position on the leaderboards.

• • Minor offense: Temp ban, complete stats reset, leaderboard entries removed once
  • • Major offense: Temp ban, complete stats reset, permanent ban from appearing on the leaderboards
  • • Extreme or repeat offenses: Permaban from playing the game online
Glitchers
Users who go out of their way to exploit the game to grief other players. An example would be going outside of the map’s clearly defined playable boundary.

• • Minor offense: Temp ban from playing the game online
  • • Major offense: Extended temp ban from playing the game online
  • • Extreme or repeat offenses: Permaban from playing the game online
Offensive emblem makers
Users who create emblems that are sexually gratuitous or racially offensive.

• • Minor offense: 2-week ban from using the emblem editor, emblem reset to default, emblem purchases wiped
  • • Major offense: Permanent ban from using the emblem editor
So anyone think they'll actually enforce this, if so how? Boosters/Modders would be fairly easy to spot via leaderboards e.t.c, but to find Offensive Emblem makers/glitchers?

Also, in regards to sexually gratuitous emblems, I thought this game was an 18+? So in Britian, An 18yo can watch blue movies and have intercourse, but can't draw a penis on a computer game? In which the aim is to kill things?

Most likely there will be light reinforcement of this. what I mean is yes but there just way to much of this for them to handle and most likely only remove the worst cases of the abuses in game.

Glitch they state in which causes greif to other players, So I houldn't think so.

Alas, how does that colour clan tag glitch work.

Never really cared for zombies. It's fun but the repitition leads to me to quit farely early and not bother to touch it again.

I've been taking ass and kicking names in Multiplayer some more, and really my one gripe beyond camping+silenced-assault+claymore is the @#$%ing RC-XD. I'm not even kidding, as soon as the announcer says "Watch out enemy RC-XD" I hear the damn thing and I'm as good as dead. Never fails. I'm seriously contemplating Flakjacket just because of it. Idk what they were thinking when they made it a 3-killstreak (thank god it doesn't count towards other killstreaks though). I also don't like the grenade throwing mechanics, I still can't work it out properly.

Also I just found out that you actually have to buy pro perks >_O I thought it automatically upgraded and was getting pretty fumed that I wasn't lasting very long in Second Chance. For anybody interested in my getup (it's nothing special):

AK74u @ Grip
Stingers
Semtax | Nova | C4
-Ghost
-Steady Aim
-Second Chance Pro
(Spy Plane, Counter Spy Plane, Sentry Gun)

I've always been a submachine guy and the AK74u just happens to be one of the better SMGs, bite me. C4 is so awesome and underrated. It throws a LOT further than in previous games, so if there's somebody camping in a building up above you can actually get it through the window and blow them to pieces. It's also good if you encounter somebody through a doorway and it's not safe to go in. Admittedly it's weaker than previous games, but this is in tangent with overall explosive nerfs though. I'm probably going to switch Nova to Flashbang, I hardly use my secondary but Flashbang would be helpful in more scenarios. Perks are pretty standard: Ghost to remain undetected (and for the lack of better Perk 1), Steady Aim because I run and gun (considering Hardline if that's Perk 2), and Second Chance Pro because it kicks ass (me and my peers live forever with this thing). Killstreaks are preference: I've always enjoyed having radar, Counter is habitual from trying to get 1k UAVs in MW2, and Sentry Gun because it mows things down (however there's fewer good spots for the thing, which is a good thing overall but a bad thing for the killstreak).

This is quite literally the only class I use. dgf about anything else (on MW/2 other games I pretty much exclusively used the P90).

So anyone think they'll actually enforce this, if so how? Boosters/Modders would be fairly easy to spot via leaderboards e.t.c, but to find Offensive Emblem makers/glitchers?

Also, in regards to sexually gratuitous emblems, I thought this game was an 18+? So in Britian, An 18yo can watch blue movies and have intercourse, but can't draw a penis on a computer game? In which the aim is to kill things?
How to find them? Report them.

As for the "sexually gratuitious emblems," the game is rated M (18+) for "Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language." Nothing about sexual content. Some parents may be ok with their child playing with the rated content but would have beef with sexual content (an example being letting their kid do multiplayer but not story mode). While it is noted that online interactions are not rated by the ESRB, I know that (at least on Xbox Live), online interactions can be filtered to a large degree just by turning off voice communications on the console. Emblems cannot be filtered.

Treyarch's my hero for actually giving a damn about all of the BS.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am quite annoyed that the people who make obscene emblems may ruin it for everyone. I wouldn't put it past them to simply remove the feature if it causes too much trouble, ruining it for the people who aren't immature enough to think its funny to make your emblem a penis -_-

I am quite annoyed that the people who make obscene emblems may ruin it for everyone. I wouldn't put it past them to simply remove the feature if it causes too much trouble, ruining it for the people who aren't immature enough to think its funny to make your emblem a penis -_-
I've seen some surprisingly sexually graphic emblems, but you really can't tell too well what the emblems are unless you view their player card most of the time. But there's no way they could have thought that hundreds of millions of people (probably the majority being teenage guys) that have virtually unlimited possibilities to creating an emblem wouldn't make anything graphic.

I for one, like to take an artistic approach to the freedom of emblem creation, instead of making some obscene picture or slapping a bunch of random images together. As of now, my emblem is like 7 Spetsnaz fists, each one slightly smaller than the last, and they go from black to white in the entire grayscale to give it depth.

average age of a call of duty player can't be higher than 14.

i was using the FAL before i prestiged and that shit is the best.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nearly 3rd prestige and i'm starting to burn out. The spawns sure need fixing but they are working on that I believe. There was one instance where I was on Firing Range and the other team just spawned all around me today (in Domination too). The game is still the best CoD ever though I just think I played a bit too much too quickly.

Rekt M14 is just as good only thing FAL has over that the M14 doesn't is Dual Mag and a better Iron Sight. However the M14 w/ grip has no recoil at all, no matter how fast you smash the trigger.

I don't think this is the best CoD game ever, from what I see everyone is starting to realise there really isn't that much longetivity in this one. Treyarch were too safe with this game, some of the things feel rushed and unfinished.

Mw2 before everyone found out how beasty the UMP was and after the glitch spree was much better, and from what I gather everyone still thinks CoD4 is the best yet. (never really played that much)

I'm so burned out of this game. I play like 3 games a day before I get bored.

And regarding the best games:

2 > 4 >>>> BO > WaW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MW2

i didnt bring home my 360 for the holiday so i think thats saving me from getting burned out of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--VVYAyPAY quick scoping is possible, apparently so im going to have to try that when i get back. all i know is sunday from like 4 pm until midnight im just playing this game. i dont get why people hate mw2 so much.....

Everything in moderation, guys. No offense, but playing till 3rd prestige is quite a bit in such a short time, I'm not surprised if it seems boring.

Got to level 50 but I have no plans to prestige, as I'm just gonna go for pro perks.

Also, I recently got into Demolition after not playing at all for MW2. Are the spawns always that bad when you rush their spawn? I've had a stretch where someone spawned in front of me and as I shot him, another spawned to my side in knifable range.

Mw2 is shockingly bad nowadays every map there's at least 2-3 UMP's & Danger Close NoobTuber.

Alas, after the Javelin/Care Package glitch MW2 was blissfully amazing for a month. then it went to hell.

That month was amazing, everything else not so good. Map's on Mw2 were much better than BO maps anyways.

Secondly Episode 2 of Ulysses Productions is up, everything else is much improved... although personally think some of the clips are not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXWPqnFCW9I&feature=recentu

Although muuuuuchhh better than the original one (W/ the exception of my clip)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)