Calm Mind Cresselia!

Hello everyone, this is TheEeveeAnimations, and I'll be posting a RMT I made for my favorite (and arguably best) UU team: Calm Mind Cresselia. Now, if you go on Pokemon Showdown forums, I also posted it there a few weeks ago, and I'll be posting the most recent version of this team here for your criticism and pleasure.
Team Name: CM Cress
Team Goal: Set up Entry Hazards, Force Constant Switching, Break Through/Cripple Walls with Chandelure, and then sweep with CM Cresselia.
Main Threats: Scrafty w/ Ice Punch, Other Teams with Entry Hazards, Sableye (can Taunt most of my Pokemon, but is OHKO'd by Chandelure Fire Blast)
Type of Team: Balance/Semi-Stall
So here's the team.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
Your Lunar Majesty has arrived. The star of my team and the first part of my defensive core--Cresselia. Once the Pokemon that resist its moves are removed, this thing is nearly impossible to kill. This set combines Cresselia's massive bulk with its access to Calm Mind and its usable Sp.Atk (base 75 is passable, and is pretty good when boosted by CM). It's also part of my Gligar/Cresselia/Umbreon defensive core that walls every Fighting type that isn't Scrafty w/ Ice Punch and a large proportion of the tier thanks to each Pokemon's amazing bulk. Cresselia is my bulky attacker and my secondary Fighting check when Gligar can't get the job done. I'm running Ice Beam over HP Fighting for the sole reason that HP Fighting makes me walled by opposing Psychic types such as Mew and Xatu.

Roserade @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
The first toolbox of my team: Spikes Roserade. First off, this thing has Spikes. That's fricking amazing utility right there. Then it can beat the UU spinners (Hitmontop, Blastoise, Claydol) one-on-one easily. That turns this thing into a toolbox. On top of that, this thing serves as an extra special wall and takes care of bulky Waters that prevent Chandelure from wallbreaking and those pesky Slowbro that resist Cresselia's attack combination. Rest is reliable recovery when in tandem with Natural Cure, and keeps this thing healthy. Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb for STAB.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Moonlight
- Foul Play
The standard cleric Umbreon that so many people love (and hate). Heal Bell is arguably THE most useful move for the sole reason that it heals Empoleon and Cresselia of harmful status so they can do their jobs efficiently. Umbreon serves as my primary special wall and my check/counter to opposing Ghost and Psychic types (that Chandelure can't outspeed). Wish really helps Empoleon do its job because Empoleon is one of the two Pokemon without reliable recovery on my team (the other being Chandelure). Umbreon is #2 on the usage stats for a reason (at least last time I checked, correct that number cause I don't know how to check them).

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
Toolbox #2 comes in the form of Specially Defensive Empoleon, which has saved my hide more than a few times and serves as my counter to the omnipresent CroCune. This thing has Roar to phaze things out, and that is the best part of this thing: it stops non-Fighting-type set-up sweepers in their tracks and stops them HARD. Toxic is for further utility and to cripple walls like Porygon2 and non-Steels. Ice Beam is to better hit Grass-types on the switch, and Scald is amazing as a support move thanks to its 30%(50%) burning chance.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic
The final part of my core, my primary Fighting-type check, and my Stealth Rocker--Gligar. Standard defensive set, running Toxic to cripple walls that Empoleon maybe can't switch in safely on (like DD RestoChesto Scrafty, which lacks Ice Punch). EQ for STAB attack and Roost for additional healing. EVs are pretty standard, not much really to explain here other than this thing walls things to hell and back.

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
The only offensive member, my makeshift spinblocker (not a very good one), and my wallbreaker/crippler--Choice Specs Chandelure. Base 145 Special Attack plus Choice Specs equals a terrific wallbreaker with amazing dual STAB. This thing breaks down walls like crazy, OHKOing so many things it's not even funny. It can even cripple walls it can't OHKO, like Snorlax or Gligar. This thing basically rips holes through things and then cripples what it can't rip a hole through. There's only one problem--hazards. Stealth Rocks limit my amount of switch-ins to 5, and because this thing isn't a revenge killer, and because nothing on my team will be dying easily, getting this thing to switch in easily is a huge problem. But otherwise this is epic.
So, with my team of six--Cresselia, Roserade, Umbreon, Empoleon, Gligar, and Chandelure--my team is very defensive with a touch of stall. Enemy hazards are VERY dangerous for my team as I'm supposed to be forcing switches and racking up entry hazard damage, and if I'm racking up damage as well, my walls aren't going to be doing me much good. DD Scrafty w/ Ice Punch is very dangerous as the combination of Scrafty's dual STABs and Ice Punch hits all of my Pokemon for super effective damage, which is a problem. I'm thinking of a spinner but I'm not sure who to replace because all of my team serves important roles. So suggestions would be nice, and if you can ladder with this team that wold be amazing, because I would like to see my team in the hands of more competent players than I, as shown by the following replays:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-39365621 Win (by timeout)
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-39366952 Win (by forfeit)
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-39367853 Loss
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-39370515 Loss
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-39372377 Win (by forfeit)
So please Rate My Team and suggest changes that u liek. So thank y'all for viewing this subpar RMT.

Hey, interesting team you got here. You don't see people taking an offensive approach to Cresselia that often, very nicely done.

So you seem to be having Scrafty problems. My suggestion? Replace Roserade with Quilfish. Quilfish basically has the same utility Roserade does hazard wise, with access to both forms of spikes. And he resists ice. Not bad.

I understand why Empoleon is on this team, but I think there might a better option that will compliment your stalling needs more; specially defensive Milotic. It can phase, toxic, and it has reliable recovery. I'd trying giving her a go.

That's it from me. Good luck (:

Thanks for the rate bro.
I desperately need Empoleon to resist so many things and be neutral to Seed Flare from Shaymin and Leaf Storm from Roserade. Also, I can't touch Substitutes with Dragon Tail, Empoleon is great for taking down SubRoost Honchkrow that would injure my team otherwise, and my team is more balanced than stall imo (but I'm probably wrong).
Qwilfish you mean? Anyways, that would add onto my Raikou weakness (if you can call dealing huge amounts of damage to 3 members of my team a weakness), and Roserade checks most Raikou sets nicely. Qwilfish is destroyed though, so here are the calcs:
252 SpA Raikou Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Roserade: 100-118 (30.86 - 36.41%) -- guaranteed 4HKO)

252 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Qwilfish: 458-542 (137.12 - 162.27%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yeah, Cresselia walls most variants of Raikou that lack Shadow Ball, but the resistance to its STAB and not OHKOd by its coverage move (looking at you, Gligar) is really useful. But the T-wave and Intimidate support would really help, but I already have enough Fighting checks. So I'll try using Qwilfish and see how it works. Should help with Scrafty.
But again, thanks for the rate Bro.
(Also, I find two bulky Waters somewhat redundant, for whatever reason.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)