SM OU CAMELTOE GANG (Camerupt + Tapu Bulu Bulky Offense Team)

Cameltoe Gang
A Volt-Turning, Hazard Stacking, Regenerating, Assault Vested, Bulky Offensive, Grassy Terrain Team

Introduction

Meet the Cameltoe Gang. This team doesn't necessarily have a single Pokemon that shines, as all the members work as a unit and each play a key role on the team. That being said, this team has a lot going for it synergy wise: It uses Grassy Terrain help Camerupt, Toxapex, and Magearna's weaknesses to ground type moves; It has a solid VoltTurn core with Landorus, Tornadus, and Magearna; It has a Regenerator core of Toxapex and Tornadus; and it even has a FWG core of Camerupt, Toxapex, and Tapu Bulu. This bulky offensive team's main objective is to apply pressure with volt switches and u-turns along with of stealth rock and toxic spikes to wear the opposing teams down over the course of the game.

Teambuilding Process

1515967346168.png
1515967393251.png

The team started with the core of Mega Camerupt and Tapu Bulu. Mega Camerupt is a great wall-breaker, but it is kind of slow and can be worn down easily. This is where Tapu Bulu can come in and help it out. It gives it a leftovers boost in the form of Grassy Terrain when it's active, and it eliminates Camel's ground weakness, giving it only one weakness in the form of water. And for those water types? Bulu is an excellent answer to them as long as you don't get Scald Burned.

1515967352035.png
1515967400124.png
1515967436907.png

This core has trouble dealing with dragon types like Lati@s, so I figured AV Magearna would be a great addition to the team. It gets its ground weakness covered by Grassy Terrain and is a great slow Volt Switch user which allows free switchins to Camerupt and Tapu Bulu which a lot of teams will have trouble switching in to.

1515967359477.png
1515967408277.png
1515967440488.png
1515967469326.png

The next member of the Cameltoe Gang is Toxapex. Yet another Pokemon with a ground weakness being benefited by Grassy Terrain. Toxapex's goal on this team is to sponge attacks. With the help of Black Sludge, Regenerator, Recover, and even Grassy Terrain, Toxapex can be near impossible to faint on this team. It also provides Toxic Spikes support which is great on this team as it negates the Grassy Terrain's healing affects from benefiting the other team.

1515967365058.png
1515967412656.png
1515967444325.png
1515967472393.png
1515967501243.png

The fifth member of the squad is Landorus-Therian. The best Pokemon of gen 7 award goes to: this flying doggo. He is so easy the splash on a team and serve a number of roles. On my team though, he is just used in his most common role: Defensive Pivot with Rocks. Landorus is great for my team as it needed a stealth rocker. As well as setting up rocks though, its use of U-Turn is vital for this team as this team aims to use momentum to switch in Bulu and Camel for free and wreck face from there.

1515967371403.png
1515967418265.png
1515967453011.png
1515967477939.png
1515967505720.png

Tornadus is the final member of the team, but its definitely not the least important. Tornadus is the glue to many weak spots my team may have. First off, the team is pretty slow with the fastest being Landorus. Tornadus now gives a Pokemon that can outspeed a majority of the meta. On top of that, it can beat Venusaur, who otherwise is extremely troublesome. It also can Defog for those situations where my team needs it. And it is a great U-Turner/momentum grabber all while restoring health on the switch too with Regenerator.

The Gang

1515967378361.png

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Nature Power
- Yawn

The Mega slot of the team goes to Camerupt. With a base special attack of 145 and the Sheer Force ability after Mega Evolving, this Fire Blast nukes anything in its way even a lot of resisted mons. Earth Power is its other STAB and can also hit ridiculously hard. Nature Power turns into Energy Ball under grassy terrain (Thunderbolt under Electric Terrain) and is great for water type switchins such as Rotom or Gastrodon. Yawn is good as a lot of times, teams only have on switchin to Camel, so they either have to choose to put their answer to sleep or lose momentum. Camerupt's typing can be great, as it is a great answer to Tapu Koko and Magearna.

1515967425386.png

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Tapu Bulu might be the best Tapu in the current meta game. Grassy Terrain does wonders for this team. It eliminates ground weaknesses to Camerupt, Magearna, and Toxapex and gives Camel and Magearna recovery which they wouldn't have before. It also turns Camel's Nature Power into Energy Ball for those Water types. I went with the standard Smogon AV set and it seems pretty good. Maybe I could adjust the EVs somewhere but I'm not sure where. Anyway, Wood Hammer is used because it is ridiculously powerful behind Bulu's STAB 130 Base Attack and Grassy Terrain boost. Horn Leech is used to recover damage usually provided by Wood Hammer's recoil. Supoerpower is for those Steel Types that resists grass, and Nature's Madness dents any pokemon that Tapu Bulu couldn't handle otherwise.

1515967457751.png

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
-Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Magearna is the second of the Assault Vest core, along with Bulu. Magearna serves the role as a Specially Defensive pivot. It likes to come in on Powerful special attackers like Greninja, Latios, and Tapu Lele, and then Volt Switch out for momentum. Fleur Cannon is used as its a really powerful Fairy move. It doesn't really mind the SpAtk drop too much as Magearna usually doesn't stay in very long, and if it does kill a mon, it gets a SpAtk boost. Iron Head is used over Flash Cannon for Calm Mind Clefable. Hidden Power Fire is used for switchins like Ferro and Scizor. And Volt Switch is great as it allows Magearna to pull of a slow VoltTurn and give a pokemon a safe switchin.

1515967485319.png

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Toxapex is the sponge of the team. With black sludge, regenerator, recover, and grassy terrain, it can be really hard to take down. Scald is its only attacking move, and it can burn opposing physical attackers, making them useless. Toxic Spikes is great as it counteracts Grassy Terrain benefiting my opponent. Haze is used so Toxapex isn't just sitting there getting set up on. Being a water type, it concludes the FWG core along with Camel and Bulu.

1515967513825.png

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
-U-turn

Landorus is the stealth rocker of the team. Stealth Rock is key to this team as it focuses on momentum and forces a lot of switches so it can help wear the opponent down. Earthquake is its standard STAB move and hits hard. Hidden Power Ice is for opposing Landorus, Zygarde, Garchomp, Dragonite, etc. U-Turn allows Lando to grab momentum.

1515967548342.png

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Defog

Tornadus serves a few roles on the team. It's the main revenge killer on the team due to it being able to outspeed a lot of the meta. It's use of Hurricane allows it to kill Venusaur, and a lot of other threats if used with Z Crystal. Superpower is mainly for steel types and Chansey. U-Turn allows it to gain momentum and allows it to complete the VoltTurn long with Landorus and Magearna. Defog can be vital versus opposing hazard stacking teams or when I see it is vital to remove hazards. Its Regenerator ability is also great as it has no other means of recovery and it works great with UTurn and it creates a regenerator core with Toxapex.​

Conclusion

Overall, this team is pretty solid but i was wondering if you guys know how it can be better? thanks in advance. :] CameltoeGang!

https://pastebin.com/AcZeRrqK

Attachments

Last edited:
hello, I really like the core you started building your team with and the defensive backbone lando-t / toxapex / magearna is solid. However, I've found a weakness to z fly + earthquake gyarados. You don't have a way to stop it after it setting its first dragon dance which is problematic since it can setup on both lando-t and mega camerupt. Another weakness is mega pinsir. Your team clearly lacks of speed control so after one swords dance, it's hard to stop it, especially if it runs earthquake and not close combat. Lastly, kartana can be hard to deal with if it gets the +1 atk boost which isn't that hard considering that both toxapex and magearna take a lot from respectively leaf blade and smart strike and your own tapu bulu's grassy terrain which boosts kartana's leaf blade. I have some suggestions :

>
I would suggest this change because as I said before, mega pinsir and kartana can be threatening and magearna isn't able to take hits from them. But, celesteela is a great check to both of them and can KO them in return. Leech seed + protect makes it better thoughout the game than magearna which lacks recovery.

>
You really need a scarfer in your team because it is so slow and kartana seems to fit well here. It provides you a way to deal with gyarados, one of the threats I brought up, and some speed control which is really needed. You don't lose your defog support by losing torna-t since kartana also runs defog and tapu bulu's grassy terrain provides to kartana a great support.

That's all, it's a short rate, but I wanted to recommend you these suggestions, hope that will help you ;]

Goat. But how do you deal with psyspam? Or lele as a general rule, specifically the cm z move or specs set if bulu gets damaged a bit?

Goat. But how do you deal with psyspam? Or lele as a general rule, specifically the cm z move or specs set if bulu gets damaged a bit?
And magearna. But if they have spikes, that's not hard if they carry any torn checks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)