Metagame Camomons

I also forgot something. Can we put Dragonite on watchlist? I feel like being able to have Steel / Flying (or Steel / Dragon which is good too) AND having Multiscale at once might be TOO hard to break. Unlike Avalugg, etc., this thing is hard to break on both sides and it's harder to break than Kyurem-B if Multiscale if accounted. It's banned in Hidden Type because of Steel Hidden Type made it nearly unkillable and this meta is similar.

I guess if you hate Steel/Flying types you can use

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sunny Day
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Now it traps Grass/Steel and Bug/Steel much better. Main issue here is that Magnezone is slow and Steel/Flying types can use Ground coverage, so it can't really switch in. There is no possible way for any Magnet Pull users to become Flying type, although I suppose Air Balloon is a possibility.

Kyurem-B and Dragonite will both be monsters though, and it doesn't help that Kyurem-B is a really good check to Dragonite in its own right with Fusion Bolt + Teravolt.

Here's some more ideas of things that could be threats.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Crunch
- Toxic

Normal/Ground is a good typing for Zygarde, as it actually uses Extreme Speed more than Outrage in standard play, usually. Thousand Arrows seems great in this metagame as it invalidates Steel/Flying as well as Levitate mons and Air Balloon Shedinja. Crunch seems like decent coverage to have since the only type combo that resists Thousand Arrows+Extreme Speed is Grass/Ghost (which I'm sure no one will be using anyways). As in OU, Zygarde can run its typical Coil and DD sets, and Zydog can use this set too.

Dugtrio @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Hone Claws/Sucker Punch
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch/Filler

This set may seem really gimmicky looking, and it is to be fair. But Ground/Rock or Ground/Dark Dugtrio is too obvious. The idea behind this set is to trap Pokemon locked into Normal, Fighting, or Psychic moves, set up a Sub and set up to full, and promptly sweep an opponent. To be fair Hone Claws is unnecessary, but the main idea here is that Ghost Dugtrio can severely punish banded Extreme Speed mons. Dark type also lets you ruin Tapu Lele.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1cy
So... I just discovered this OM and wgvaiucgascussgyvasyihi it sounds so good but SO HORRIBLE AT THE SAME TIME AAAAAAAA

Magearna gets ultra customizable with Ghost/Fighting, Ice/Electric, Steel/Ghost, and anything else, and it still gets access to Shift Gear, Assault Vest, and even Heart Swap sets. It sounds... really dumb.

Imagine Hawlucha but a bit slower but stronger and with Reckless and the ability to go Bug/Fighting or something ridiculous like Fire/Fighting with Heat Wave, or even stupider with Ghost/Fighting with Ominous Wind and Close Combat.

Tapu Koko but significantly stronger, Z-Hypnosis makes it able to outspeed most non-scarfers not named Pherobroken, and Tail Glow gives it a way to break through practically all balance/stall unless a team can really resist this coverage.

Dark/Fighting, similar to Ghost/Fighting but has problems with Steels. Dark/Steel also works, but you are absolutely forced into running Smart Strike. Something special I can say about Kartana is that while I'm running Smart Strike here as a fairy answer, if you have enough answers (ex. Steel Dragon Dragonite, Steel Fire Celesteela, etc) you can just go with Synthesis over Smart Strike for a more tanky set.

Name says it all. Unless we're going to be unbanning Zekrom, I see no reason as to why this monstrosity will remain in this OM.

Standard Ghost/Fighting, but I truly enjoy Durant in every OM so I may just be biased here with my thoughts. Dark/Steel also might work with Hone Claws and Iron Head, then running Superpower and Crunch.

I don't think Pheromosa should stay at first glance, particularly as the extremely good offensive typing of Ice/Fighting compliments Pheromosa's hit and run tactic way too well, boosts the power of already strong Ice Beam, and since U-Turn doesn't need STAB it makes you just able to run something else. Poison/Fighting also could probably be run.

Grass/Fighting is an improved typing over Grass/Fairy, gives it actual physical STAB that isn't Grass, and still keeps you with a reason to have Grassy Surge. Yeah.

And a bunch of mini-theories I'm quickly coming up with.
Greninja-Ash: Grass/Ice with Grassium-Z Grass Knot
Chansey: Electric/Grass? Fighting/Electric? Grass/Fighting with Aromatherapy/Twave/Seismic Toss? Maybe also Rock with Stealth Rock?
Rotom-Wash: Fire/Water with Will-O and Hydro Pump.
Serperior: Dragon/Grass! Finally getting the typing its wanted!
Terrakion: Ground/Fighting or Ground/Rock for better STAB option?

So for other quick thoughts:
- Quickban Dragonite and Kyurem-Black. Unless you want to unban Zekrom for the latter, and for the former ban Multiscale.
- This is one of the more inventive OMs and i cant wait to try shit out for hours if this gets in.

Last edited:
Avalugg @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Curse
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Super defensive typing on a already deafnsive mon, keep away from fire.
I can already see the amount off steel typing in this game, so fire type will be a really good offensive typing in this meta.

Can we please calm down with all these "let's quickban these unbreakable walls", there are plenty of stallbreakers/wallbreakers that require extremely niche mons to be dealt with like:

Porygon-Z
@ Leftovers
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Discharge
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Completely shut down by Normal/Ground, but besides E-Speed + EQ/Thousand Arrows, why would use this typing... Chansey can't touch it unless Shadow Ball; you could also run Shadow Ball + Dark Pulse for a Ghost/Dark typing.

Kartana
@ Darkinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance

Z-Night Slash for Ghosts, like: +2 252 Atk Kartana Black Hole Eclipse (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def
Avalugg: 362-426 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, impressive. Can be dealt with using Unaware
Clefable.

Hoopa-Unbound
@ Fightinium Z/Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

It's walled by Normal/Ghost, but they can be Pursuit trapped. Sub + Ghost typing is used to Protect against Pursuit Dugtrio, but sometimes one kill is enough to help break through teams. You can use Modest if all you want is to destroy fat mons.

Haxorus
@ Fightinium Z/Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Taunt/Substitute

Really amazing damage, you could run DD, but SD is better to wallbreak. Here is what it can do:
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker
Haxorus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def
Kyurem-Black: 402-473 (88.5 - 104.1%)
+2 252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-Black: 489-576 (107.7 - 126.8%)
0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Haxorus: 150-177 (51.1 - 60.4%)
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 372-438 (94.4 - 111.1%)
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def
Dragonite: 415-489 (107.5 - 126.6%)

And there are many other options. But you can't hope to break bulky mons without trying to do so. Regular Special Attackers can't break Chansey usually, but they either switch to a mon that can or adapt to it, using Taunt, for example. This is meta is supposed to be Bulkier and Stronger than regular OU, so there should be strong walls the same way there are amazing wallbreakers. Dragonite is complicated, because it becomes one of those mons that loves M-Sab presence and has an amazing movepool, with Roar and Defog, but it's not as bulky as Kyu-B and Skarm after Multiscale is broken. Anyway, maybe Kyu-B and Dragonite really are broken, but we should look at our wallbreaking tools first.

I assume most of these were mentioned already at some point, but I've theorymonned a wee bit tonight, and here's a couple semi-decent things I came up with (I'm not putting the sprites, so pardon the ugly post):

Mega Mawile (Dark/Fairy)

Fix Me (Mawile-Mega) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch / Knock Off / Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Fairy/Dark is a scary type offensively, pair that with the highest attack in the game via Huge Power and... We have this.

Play Rough hits hard, REALLY hard, and Sucker Punch gives it some nice Priority STAB.

Knock off punishes slower mons if you run it, and cripples the by removing their held item. It destroys almost anything that doesn't resist it, if you can endure the hit. Thunder Punch is also an option for coverage, but I can't think of many things it would be useful for... Still an option. Iron head gives it an answer for Fairy-type walls.

People seem to forget Mwile is OU, so here's a grim reminder.

Volcarona (Grass/Fire)

Volcs (Volcarona) @ Firium Z / Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance / Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance

I like Volcarona, and with a STAB grass draining move it gets a nice niche. The Z-Move set is one I'm pretty fond of, but t can also run things like Leftover or... Idk, Big Root.

The only things I can think of that resist it's coverage would be Dragon/Flying mons (That will not exist, fight me) and Fire/Flying mons.

Quiver Dance is there because it's Quiver Dance

Tapu Lele (Fighting/Psychic)

Ayyy LMAO (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf / Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psychic / Psychock
- Hidden Power [Fire / Ice]
- Shadow Ball / Moonblast / Thunderbolt / Energy Ball

E-Speed is a move that exists

Tornadus-Therian (Fighting/Dark) / (Flying/Dark) / (Bug/Dark) / (Psychic/Dark) / (Poison/Dark) / (Normal/Dark)

Not Sponsored (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Assault Vest / leftovers / Life Orb / Z-Crystal
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Superpower / Hurricane / U-Turn / Psychic / Sludge Wave / Return
- Knock Off
- Taunt?

This is "Pick what goes along well with Knock Off"

Before complaining, at least it's not Return in every set.

I can't comment much on this because it's just a collection of possible typings Tornadus can have, making it rather interesting. Thus, it can be run Mixed without much of a hassle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1cy

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

Eelektross @ Air Balloon
Ability: Levitate
- Bounce
- Acrobatics
- Magnet Rise

HE IS RISEN

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Substitute
- Coil / Dragon Dance

Offensive Zygarde, now with STAB espeed.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- U-turn

Hydreigon gets an AMAZING typing, Fire / Steel plus levitate has a huge number of resistances, including 5 4x resists, and 2 immunities to switch in with. It can then smash through things with STAB fire blast, and Earth Power provides nearly perfect coverage. U-Turn is for pivoting.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Roost
- U-turn / Earth Power

This works too.

You can get an (almost) invincible Shedinja lol. Maybe fix it?

Shedinja @ Air Balloon
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Hone Claws / Night Slash
- Filler
- Filler

EDIT: I just realised Shedinja was banned

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Steel/Poison with Levitate is an absolutely AMAZING defensive typing. It's only weakness is a 2x weakness to Fire, while it has resistances to the following: Normal, Ice, Flying, Rock, Dragon and Steel. It also has quad resistances to Grass, Fairy, and Bug as well as immunities to Ground and Poison, which alongside Bronzong's great bulk means that it can switch in on an insane amount of things. Aside from the new typing it basically just does what Bronzong does in normal matches, so I don't have much to say there.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

It's a defogger with reliable recovery and no weaknesses whatsoever, which makes it really annoying to remove. Sucker Punch might occasionally help you stop a sweep or something, but it otherwise kinda useless.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Bug Bite
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

This has no weaknesses and can set up SR or deal some damage. Shame bug bite sucks on it.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

This is actually a good set. It takes the infamous Ghost/Normal typing and uses it not to wall things but to sweep with Dragon Dance. Can do a lot of damage with some setup.

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

Prankster Nature Power is good when you have another STAB to handle Dark types with. This is just a special priority spammer really.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Steel/Poison with Levitate is an absolutely AMAZING defensive typing. It's only weakness is a 2x weakness to Fire, while it has resistances to the following: Normal, Ice, Flying, Rock, Dragon and Steel. It also has quad resistances to Grass, Fairy, and Bug as well as immunities to Ground and Poison, which alongside Bronzong's great bulk means that it can switch in on an insane amount of things. Aside from the new typing it basically just does what Bronzong does in normal matches, so I don't have much to say there.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

It's a defogger with reliable recovery and no weaknesses whatsoever, which makes it really annoying to remove. Sucker Punch might occasionally help you stop a sweep or something, but it otherwise kinda useless.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Bug Bite
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

This has no weaknesses and can set up SR or deal some damage. Shame bug bite sucks on it.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

This is actually a good set. It takes the infamous Ghost/Normal typing and uses it not to wall things but to sweep with Dragon Dance. Can do a lot of damage with some setup.

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

Prankster Nature Power is good when you have another STAB to handle Dark types with. This is just a special priority spammer really.
That Char X set seems extremely powerful. Can't wait to give it a try! Will the ladder be up today, or we have to wait til tomorrow? edit: it's alredy up, my bad.

I've found a pretty good set(I think.)
Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Docile Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

I have no experience with this metagame, but I saw this win and I said this is gonna be a boring month Mimikyu could work:

Mimikyu @ Red Card
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Leech Life

Ghost/Normal for a one weakness and the ability to sweep. That is all.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail/Fire Fang
- Iron Tail
- Filler
- Hone Claws

Mega aerodactyl looks even more scary now (probably not this moveset)
252 Atk Tough Claws Aerodactyl-Mega Iron Tail vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 289-342 (45 - 53.2%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Aerodactyl-Mega Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 164-194 (49.1 - 58%) -- 58.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tough Claws Aerodactyl-Mega Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 176-210 (43.5 - 51.9%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Aerodactyl-Mega Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 254-302 (60.4 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

it can finally kill.

(metagross-mega is probably a better choice but i don't care)
Nice! I've done a similar set which works ok so far...

Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Dragon Claw
- Filler (Iron Head, Earthquake, or Fire Fang work best in this slot)
- Hone Claws

PROS:
STAB/Tough Claws-boosted Aqua Tail and Dragon Claw that hits most pokemon neutrally.
Quad-resistance to Fire and Water. Resists Steel.
Ground and Fighting weaknesses are negated. I point this out because those are common offensive types.
Electric and Grass attacks hit neutrally. Including Iron Head/Aqua Tail in the first two slots would give Electric attacks an advantage. My set negates the Electric weakness.

CONS:
Fairy and Dragon attacks hurt it. Iron Head can take care of most Fairies, Dragon Claw for the Dragons w/o Fairy typing.
Can be walled by pokemon with Water/Fairy or Grass/Fairy typing. Use Iron Head or Earthquake to help counter if equipped.
Freeze-Dry is guaranteed to OHKO, but is not much to worry about as it isn't commonly used.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Nice! I've done a similar set which works ok so far...

Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Dragon Claw
- Filler (Iron Head, Earthquake, or Fire Fang work best in this slot)
- Hone Claws

PROS:
STAB/Tough Claws-boosted Aqua Tail and Dragon Claw that hits most pokemon neutrally.
Quad-resistance to Fire and Water. Resists Steel.
Ground and Fighting weaknesses are negated. I point this out because those are common offensive types.
Electric and Grass attacks hit neutrally. Including Iron Head/Aqua Tail in the first two slots would give Electric attacks an advantage. My set negates the Electric weakness.

CONS:
Fairy and Dragon attacks hurt it. Iron Head can take care of most Fairies, Dragon Claw for the Dragons w/o Fairy typing.
Can be walled by pokemon with Water/Fairy or Grass/Fairy typing. Use Iron Head or Earthquake to help counter if equipped.
Freeze-Dry is guaranteed to OHKO, but is not much to worry about as it isn't commonly used.
Several people have posted offensive Aerodactyl sets, but I think it's ideal as a hazard lead in this meta.

Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Iron Head / Curse / Ominous Wind
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Dark typing makes it immune to prankster, Steel typing lets it resist a lot of things. Ghost typing lets it also spinblock while leaving it with only one weakness, but the ghost moves out has are pretty bad. Curse could be useful ig. Stealth Rock and Taunt give it its utility as a very fast hazard lead with Taunt.

DuoM2

whao
Kind of surprised nobody has mentioned this, but another mon I feel could be good in the metagame

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave / Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave / Thunderbolt / Moonblast / Shadow Ball / Sunny Day / Some counter-meta typing I don't really know what people run in this metagame
- Moonlight
- Filler

Still passive as heck, but I feel Cresselia has some potential in the current metagame. Its movepool doesn't offer too much, but I feel that it may be workable, especially considering its godly bulk and great ability. Pure Electric leaves Cress with zero weaknesses and a resistance to Electric and Steel, which are both good offensive typings. Electric/Fairy leaves it weak to only poison and makes it immune to Dragon. Electric/Ghost gives you a nice immunity to Normal, which blocks ESpeed for sure (though Zygarde is still a problem, of course) and maybe some of the mons that want Return as a STAB option, though it does leave you weak to Ghost. Sunny Day gives you a resistance to the well-known BoltBeam coverage as well as Fire while the Electric typing keeps Waters from wanting to switch in. I don't really know what else could work, maybe Electric/Poison with Toxic to get rid of Fairies, but there's probably something I'm missing.

Last edited:
Yeah Cress has some potential in this meta. This is the set I've been using. This variant is a SubCM sweeper with four immunities and essentially unresisted dual STAB. It's fun to mess around with. It's only weak to Ghost and Steel (admittedly common types in this meta) and there's a surprising number of things it can set up on.

Cresselia
@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

^That, was so annoying. I was unprepared to deal with so many setup sweepers in this meta, including friggin Mud Slap cune...

But so far, teambuilding has been really HARD in this meta because, it's practically next to impossible to prepare for SO many threats, especially Mew, which can have ANY type it wants (reason I'm using it currently).

This one mon has been working wonders and is MVP in some of my battles.

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Yeah, this is the same standard Pheromosa, except with Ice/Fighting type. Pheromosa with Ice/Fighting STAB covers a LOT of threats and U-turn is as good as ever. Initially, I intend to have Poison/Fighting since it's also good coverage AND resist Stealth Rock but realized that Ice is better.

And whoever said Stall is nonexistent in this meta, NO. With Avalugg, P2 and Cresselia has great typing, Stall IS in fact, really annoying, to the point I have to carry Mega Mawile.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

Chansey is mainly drawn back by its typing. However, a Normal/Ghost typing allows it to check fighting types

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Having a dark resistance is really nice for many teams, and mega metagross fulfills that role. It does massive damage with Hammer Arm or Meteor Mash, breaking many teams.

Gone (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

This is a massive threat for offenses, and can shut down pokemon with typings like water ground. Ghost/Fighting is still an incredible offensive typing.

Last edited:

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
I am going to share two sets, and going to suggest ban on another set.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Stockpile

Finally your Toxic won't miss and will have 90% accuracy
This set is a decent check to the Magearna as well as Pheromosa set mentioned above, while being immune to Toxic itself.
As it did in other tiers, it shuts down most Fire-type attackers, if they do not carry Earthquake.
Quite low Special Defense has been covered by appropriate investment and Stockpile.

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy

Middle finger to Hoopa-U without Psychic coverage and Volcarona / Charizard Y.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

CAN WE PLEASE ban this already?

Everyone knows Kyurem-B stays outside Ubers because of its pathetic movepool. But thanks to the trait of the metagame itself, this thing now functions as Zekrom in OU. Now this thing can spam STAB moves with 170 Attack, and this thing needs to go to the banlist.

Last edited:
Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Charm
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Fairy typing lets it resist fighting and Charm makes it super tough to kill

My first impressions of the meta are:
  • There are a lot of Ghost types;
  • Zygarde and Dragonite really enjoy having STAB E-Speed;
  • Differently than last month, there is now room for Defensive teams (yay);
  • Priority is very common, but the biggest abuser is, imo, Mawile-M. Even tho Sucker Punch is not as good as Espeed, Dark/Fairy Mawile-M hits so hard, there are only three typings that resist both its STABs (Fairy + Fire/Steel/Poison), Sucker Punch hits insanely hard, even walls that don't resist have trouble taking it: +2 252+ Atk Huge Power
    Mawile-Mega Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def
    Kyurem-Black: 312-367 (68.7 - 80.8%), and Steel/Dark can also be used (Bisharp-ish), if so Poison and Steel Fairy aren't very reliable counters, so Fairy/Fire is the best typing to counter Mawile-M, but be careful about Rocks.
  • BoltBeam is amazing, too bad you're weak to SR...;
  • Magearna and Manaphy are two amazing mons; they have vast movepools and can easily choose their typing; I used
    Magearna and
    Manaphy, and they both work really well; BoltBeam + Focus Blast is amazing and Fairy/Ghost not only give you an immunity to E-Speed, neutrality to Sucker Punch, but also gives you amazing STABs only resisted by Normal + Fire/Poison/Steel, which are all weak to Ground.
  • Kyu-B probably has to go, but I haven't seen it too much;
  • Dragonite might have to go too (Espeed + STAB + Dragonite is not usually a good combination in OMs if you don't want to be banned).

I am going to share two sets, and going to suggest ban on another set.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Stockpile

Finally your Toxic won't miss and will have 90% accuracy
This set is a decent check to the Magearna as well as Pheromosa set mentioned above, while being immune to Toxic itself.
As it did in other tiers, it shuts down most Fire-type attackers, if they do not carry Earthquake.
Quite low Special Defense has been covered by appropriate investment and Stockpile.
Use Bold over Impish for that set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)