Can't Connect right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I not able to connect from the link?
I've tried Chrome and IE and neither are connecting....
Anyone know why or a fix for this?

Mr. Uncompetitive

Ugh Cough! Cough! Splutter!
is a Contributor Alumnus
We got DDoSed again. If you don't know what that means, basically we got a cyber-attack. From my understanding from the IRC discussion, they targeted the server that everything related to PS relies on rather than Smogon's server like in July, so unofficial servers won't work like last time :(

I think it was down for about a week or two last time this happened, but regardless there's no set date for when it'll be online

Guys...I think they know it's down and are trying to do what they can to get it back up as soon as possible. Probably not necessary to post "PS is still down as of _____." That's really obvious to all of us, you know.

We should be back up later today.
Zarel may have said it "should be back up later today" but maybe a problem arised with bringing the server back online that they didn't anticipate at that point.

Just as verbatim suggested earlier today, let's be patient....I'm sure they'll fix it soon.

I was a little saddened when I found I couldn't go online, but Smogon is scratching my pokemon itch for the time being. :)

^ I don't think nintendo would love the idea of being able to 'play pokemon free online'. I'm honestly suprised we get away with this.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
if nintendo actually cared they would take legal action, not try to ddos behind people's backs. case in point: konami threatening legal action against DN for using the swirly card backs from official ygo cards. they actually weren't even threatening over the use of the game and cards... just the back

nintendo is most certainly not responsible

aurora

GODQUAZA
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We do not know the people behind the DDoS attack; it's most likely some random cyberattacking group. At any rate, the speculation is rather silly.

The Pokemon Showdown server administrators know exactly what the issue is and are doing everything in their power to fix it.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Nintendo didn't DDoS us. If they wanted to shut us down, they'd just send us a letter.

Anyway, PS was up for a moment right after I said it'd be up later today, but it was DDoSed again. I anticipate another day or two before we can get back up and running again.

I honestly don't remember what I did on my computer for hours on end before I discovered Pokemon Showdown.

- SuperCoolSnorlax (I should've made this my username...)

Hey there everyone.

I'm posting on here just to inquire to whether or not anyone has gotten on to Pokemon Showdown yet. I was having some problems loading the page before all of this started I think, so I want to make sure it's still the website and not me.

aurora

GODQUAZA
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey there everyone.

I'm posting on here just to inquire to whether or not anyone has gotten on to Pokemon Showdown yet. I was having some problems loading the page before all of this started I think, so I want to make sure it's still the website and not me.
The login server is currently down thanks to two DDoS attacks. It's not you; everyone is experiencing the same problems.

aurora

GODQUAZA
Is it possible that it was another pokemon simulator trying to gain more users?
At present, the PS administrators are unsure of what caused the DDoS attacks. It's much more likely that it's a random cyberattacking group than it is a group of dedicated hackers appointed by a simulator like PO, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)