CAP 12 CAP 1 - Final Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, I really like it. Great job guys, especially to Reachzero, Rising_Dusk and all the people who's ideas actually made it. Fantastic!

P.S. I absolutely love Cartoons!'s drawing. It's amazing!

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat Reachzero
In order to deal with the monstrous threats we intended to face, like Excadrill and Landorus, we needed to produce a product that was amazingly strong. At the same time, we needed to be accountable to the criticism that CAPs tend to be optimized and overpowered. I believe that we did a very good job of walking the competitive tightrope with this CAP.
Well said. There is a tendency for various CAP folk to cry brokenness at any step of the process; however, in this case I think we did a really good job of being realistic and metagame-conscious with every small detail that went into Tomohawk, and the result is as competitively worthwhile as it is balanced. This is probably the biggest win for the CAP process as far as I can tell going into gen. V, and there's no chance it was an easy task to preside over, so excellent job, Reach! And it's cool-looking, too.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Great job on the forum phase of the project, everyone! Reachzero, I think you successfully navigated all the big trouble spots for this first CAP of the 5th generation. I'm glad we had such a good TL in place, as this sets a tone for future 5th gen CAPs. With the BW metagame still very much in flux, I think we didn't go overboard with responding to the noticeable power increase over the 4th gen, nor did we pull back too much either. I have no idea how Tomohawk will fare in the long term, but I think it's the right kind of CAP for where we are now. Great work by everyone who contributed!

Great job guys, I really enjoyed participating in this CaP. A big shout out to reachzero and Rising_Dusk too for steering this CaP into the right direction. Cannot wait for Play Testing and were this CaP will go form here!

Thanks, bye.

Thanks everyone for doing such a wonderful job and to reachzero and Rising_Dusk for being great teamleaders! While it was interesting to watch the progression of this pokemon, I feel happy to know that in some mininscule way I contributed to its creation.

Oh, and I'm looking for seeing Tomohawk make its debut in CAPFight, too!

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Didn't agree with every decision, but I still think this should be a very successful CAP. Great job everyone.

Cant wait to see what kind of potential this guy brings to the metagame.

Good job everyone on the first CAP of Gen 5. Especially Reachzero, Rising_Dusk and everyone else that helped with the sprites and voting.

Alright, everyone. Tentative scheduling for the inaugural battle for Tomohawk is 9PM EDT, Monday 5/2. The playtest will begin immediately thereafter, barring any unforeseen delays!

I have to say, for the period of time that the project was at rest, things went more smoothly than I expected.

Thanks to those who participated in CaP1 and good work.

i like this guy, he is the best counter to Excadrill, Conkeldurr, and Ferrothorn, the 3 most common Pokemon in the metagame.

Okay. Just a heads up everyone. Because the SU server is so bloody popular right now (700+ users), reach and I have decided to delay the inaugural battle a bit. I have to restart the server in order to fully implement Tomohawk, and I don't think that's fair to the 700 people on right now making Smogon the top server on the list! For that reason, bear with us! It should still happen tonight in a few hours, unless we stay hyper populated all night.

In the meantime, I've uploaded the Tomohawk db update in this thread.

hey RD, the mini sprite of tomohawk looks pretty dark. Like, the outline is all black, it sticks out a lot. Is there a way to fix this? I'll volunteer! C:

Attract said:
hey RD, the mini sprite of tomohawk looks pretty dark. Like, the outline is all black, it sticks out a lot. Is there a way to fix this? I'll volunteer! C:
Nah, that's not necessary. It looks good as-is, and a lot of in-game mini-sprites already do exactly what was done here. Don't need it changed any.

I'm glad I finally got to do something for a CaP this time around, even if I could've done better with that moveset submission. A few of you guys still voted for it, though, so I guess I did something right! Ultimately, cape's moveset was just better.

Here's to the first successful CaP of Gen 5!

We're here... I can't believe we have completed Tomohawk! It feels like just yesterday I was crusing 'round the internet, then finding the topic leader post...

Great job! Now onto playtesting... Then making a consept...

This CAP pokemon is the most believable as a pokemon. I would not be shocked if this was official rather than being fanmade.

I really hope the original designer sends this to Ken Sugimori himself. I would love for this guy to be in an actual game someday.

That and he is pretty awesome competitively.

This CAP pokemon is the most believable as a pokemon. I would not be shocked if this was official rather than being fanmade.

I really hope the original designer sends this to Ken Sugimori himself. I would love for this guy to be in an actual game someday.

That and he is pretty awesome competitively.
We had that as a goal with Syclant.

We realized there might be legal issues/Game Freak might not be willing to accept a fanwork precedent. Additionally, I think we would lose the rights to Tomohawk and Scratchet. Game Freak might even nerf the shit out of them if they accepted, although that isn't necessarily likely.

On the other hand, Tomohawk does look pretty awesome, and I wouldn't mind sending it as inspiration for an official Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)