CAP 19 CAP 19 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Submission

Einheray

Combination of Einherjar (fallen fighters brought to Valhalla & the name of our concept) + Ray

Pronounced: ein-huh-ray

Even though we've bounced around this whole time as far as whether it's a pokemon that leaves a presence or persuades against a KO, I think Einherjar is still pretty fitting to what we've hopefully made. Even if CAP 19 gets KOed, it will have done its part in preparation for our sweeper to come in. Einherjar is literally what we've been running with since we picked the concept, and I think it would be cool to pay it back a little bit in the name to our original baseline. And then of course 'ray' gets tacked on there. It's a ray that will be remembered even in death.

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Quillume

Quill, referring to its barbs, plus illum(inat)e, referring to its lights. Also contains "loom" in its pronunciation, referring to CAP19's intimidating, majestic appearance.

Pronounced: "kwi-LOOM"

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Disqualified: Final Submission

Seraydenin

Name originates from Serotonin, Ray and Raiden

• Serotonin is the molecule in which the victim of a stingray's sting feels pain by the way it reacts with the muscles and causes contractions as well as the chemical being extremely toxic at high concentrations.
  • Ray because, well, pretty straight forward imo
  • Raiden comes from the Japanese works for thunder and lightning
Pronounced: Seh-ray-deh-nin

Last edited by a moderator:
Final Submission

Mantasma

"Manta" + "plasma"/"miasma" (electrified matter/toxic cloud) also reminiscent of phantasm (illusion or spectre) which reflects the gliding silent motion of rays.

Pronounced: man-TAZ-muh

This is the simplest way I could get across the three key attributes of this pokemon design- and type-wise. Just noticed it is very similar to munchyoshi's but swapped around, oh well

Last edited:
Final Submission

Reverberay

Reverberate, as rays can sense nearby fish and objects with an electric lateral line-type sense + it's a Ray.

Pronounced: RE-verb-ER-ray

The name could also be a reference to CAP19's lasting echo throughout a battle. Also, it's a pretty solid play on words, i feel.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Kinecrayan

From "kinetic," "ray," and "cyanide."

Pronounced: "KINE-krahy-yan"

Kinetic is energy, cyanide is poisonous, the name has KCN (potassium cyanide), and ray is obvious.

Final submission

Manthoxic

Man (ta) + Tho (r) + (To) xic

Pronounced: man-THO-xic
IPA: mæn'θɒksik

Even tho the word "Manta" in the Name isn't the most original idea, I think that there is everything in this name that has tobe there :)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Disqualified: Final Submission:

Ampero
Etymology: Derived from "Ampére" the famous scientist who mainly studied electricity, and "nero", the translated Greek for water, because our CAP os a stingray with Storm Drain lol.

Pronunciation: am-pay-RO

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Maneuray

"Manta ray" (animal it's based one) + "neuro" (prefix referring to neuron cells which send electrical signals, also reference to neurotoxin).

Pronounced: Man-new-ray
IPA: mænjuːreɪ

Base Speed

What a load of BS!

Majesting

Majestic (In my opinion this 'mon looks pretty regal) + Sting (As in Sting Ray, unsurprisingly)

Pronounced: MAH-ge-STING
IPA: məˈdʒɛstɪŋ

Final Submission

Rayomortem

Rajomorphii (suborder of rays), rayo (spanish for "lightning") and mortem (latin for "death"). Also includes "ray" in its name.

Pronounced: Ha-Io'-MOR-Ten

Last edited:
Final Submission

Rayvolt

From 'Ray' and 'Volt'. Also 'Revolt'- referring to the concept which is trying to go against the idea of defeating this = good.

Pronounced: REY-volt

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Disqualified: Final submission

Shockaray

A mixture of Shock + Ray.

Pronounced SHAHK-ahr-eigh (Took me forever to figure this one out)

Boltracid

Bolt+Ray+Acid
(Bol-TRA-cid)

The Y messed up how the word looked and its pronunciation imo, so I removed it.

Final Submission

Raicin

Combination of Ricin, Rai (Japanese for thunder) and Ray. Also, a corrupted version of Raijin (Mythical lightning beasts from japanese folklore).

Pronounced: RAY-sin
IPA: reɪsɪn

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Stingrai

Stingray (our animal type) + Rai (Lightning; see Raichu and Raikou)

Pronounced: STING-Rahy

Venampere

Venom + Ampere + Ray

Venom is an animal's poison, and an ampere is a unit of SI electrical resistance.

Pronounced: Ven-AM-pe-ray

Final Submission

Mercuray

Mercury (a commonly used toxic element in lamps) + Ray (from Stingray)

Pronounced: MURR-q-ray
IPA:mərkjəreɪ

I changed nothing here. Not sure if IPA is correct (I took the two names' IPAs and slammed them together, and checked for any inconsistencies) so I hope it is. Good luck to all you final submissions, and make sure your formats are correct!

Decibolt

(Stingrays make this loud screeching noise before they charge, and as it's electric, yellow and streamlined in design, in addition to a decently fast speed, bolt as in lightning springs quickly to my mind) (No changes were made)

Pronounced: DEH-SEE-Bolt
No IPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)