CAP 19 CAP 19 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP
Éclairay

Éclair (French for lighting)+ Ray (stingray)

Lumylio

Luminescent+ Myliobatiodei (suborder of stingrays)

Mylioreine

Myliobatiodei+Reine (French for Queen)

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Just a PSA: I had the winning name for Birkal's entry all set if his Playtpus won. The correct answer was "Platytude." :D

Anyway.

WIP:

Lumiskate

A portmanteau of Illuminate (To supply light or brighten up) and Skate (a species of Rajinae, the same family of fish as the rays).

Pronounced: loo-muh-skeyt

Thoughts?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
WIP:

Ampero

Etymology: Derived from "Ampére" the famous scientist who mainly studied electricity, and "nero", the translater Greek for water. IDK, I came up with a few names and this seems the best to me.

Pronunciation: am-pay-ROH

I'm a bit torn on the pronunciation. I think that "am-PAY-roh genuinely sounds better, but "nero" is said "nay-ROH" in Greek. I went for consisitency with etymology for now, but what do you guys think?

Also, while it has the "e" as an "ay" sound, the name sounds good if you also follow the eymology of "ampére" with "am-PÉR-oh". Should I predominatly use "nero" or "Ampére" in this name?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
WIP:

NAME: Maneuray
PRONUNCIATION: Man-new-ray
ETYMOLOGY: (Manta Ray + Neuro) OR (Manta + Neuro + Ray)
INFORMATION: I think the reason I picked "Manta Ray" is fairly obvious, but I do feel I need to explain "Neuro". If you sent "Neuro" through a spellcheck you'll discover it's not a word, at least by itself. Many of you may recognize "Neuro" as being a prefix. "Neuro" comes from "Neuron" which is the name of nerve cells, cells which are electrically charged. BUT that's not my only reason why I chose "Nuero", as I said it's often used as a prefix and you may possibly know of one of the words its a prefix for: Neurotoxin. As the name implies, a neurotoxin is a chemical that negatively affects nervous cells and tissue. So I put the two together and viola, I got a name which describes what animal the Pokemon is based upon as well as reference to both of its types. (yes, I'll shorten this down for my Final Submission, just want to clearly state my thought process here in the planning stage)

Last edited:
Exineuray / Extineuray
Pronunciation: [Ex-i-NEW-ray] / [Ex-ti-NEW-ray]
The I is pronounced as in 'toxin'.

This name combines the following words
- Exa, referring to its absolutely humongous size among CAPmon and Exa being the largest element on the SI-scale.
- Neurotoxin, of course being a reference to its Poison-type.
- Stingray, a highly dangerous type of ray with incredibly potent venom.

I know there are way better names out there, but I just wanted to throw out my own idea. I'm throwing my full support behind Deck Knight's Gammarayth.

Last edited:
WIP

Mercuray

Pronounced: MURR-q-ray

Mercury is widely used in flourescent lamps, and is regarded as a very poisonous element. Break the lamp, and the mercury comes out, being potentially lethal to everyone around it.
Ray, of course, is based on the fact that this design is based on a stingray.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Rayzor

Stingray+Razor

Because knocking out this Pokemon is a double-edge blade

Last edited:
Two WIPs.

Generay

Generate, as in electricity, plus ray, as in sting ray.
Pronounced: "JEN-uh-ray"

and

Quillume

Quill, referring to its barbs, plus illum(inat)e, referring to its back-lights. Also contains "loom" in its pronunciation, referring to CAP19's intimidating appearance.
Pronounced: "kwi-LOOM"
I prefer the last one. :)

WIP
Keravenom (Keravnos(Zeus' weapon)+Venom) (kuh-RAV-in-um)
What do you think? This one's my best yet. :) Or Keraivenom (Keravnos+Wraith/Ray+Venom) (kuh-RAI-vin-um). Feedback, please.

Last edited:
Disqualified: Final Submission

Wraithor

Wrai=Ray but looks better and flows into Thor better. Also wraiths are floating mythological creatures and this floats, so there's that too
Thor= Norse god of Thunder, Electric type, sense is made...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)