CAP 19 CAP 19 - Playtest [Tournament Finals]

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I agree with this.

I'm also laddering on "I'll Win CAP Tour" so there's that in regards to voice tour.

Elaborating on the above comment, I feel like Plasmanta has a defined role, but not one the CAP team suspected. It was intended to be an annoyer, getting in little damage here and there until it died, where more often than not, a sweeper (Gyarados) would begin their rampage. The amount of Plasmanta teams without utilizing this is startling. Plasmanta takes on the roll of a hard hitter, utilizing it's stabs to pave through pokemon. While I wouldn't label Plasmanta as a failure, I'm not seeing it live up to be a true success.

The problem is that if I want an annoyer for the sweeper team, 19 times out of 20, I'm going to take Heatran instead. That's been Plasmanta's problem since nearly the beginning of this escapade. Plasmanta is Heatran without the utility. They're weak against nearly the same set of pokemon and they're strong against about the same set of Pokemon. The difference is that Plasmanta has a water immunity to take on Keldeo, while Heatran has better bulk, more resistances, Will-o-Wisp, Stealth Rocks, and options to break through special walls. I can't speak for anybody else, but given that nearly all the set up sweepers in OU resist or are bulky enough to take a water attack, I think the choice is pretty obvious.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
The project was started while Mega Mawile was still OU legal. All playtests are done in the settings of when the project was started.
Not true. We started the project when Aegi was legal but the TL is allowed to make a judgment call on the playtest meta. Since Aegi was banned during concepts I figured it would be stupid to allow it in the playtest (it hadn't affected the project in any serious capacity) but maw was banned like halfway through so I made the opposite call (I mean, I personally and specifically calced Mawile PR into sucker on every PT spread)

What do you guys think of Gliscor as a partner? He's really good at stopping those ground type who think that they can just use EQ to beat Plasmanta.

What do you guys think of Gliscor as a partner? He's really good at stopping those ground type who think that they can just use EQ to beat Plasmanta.
Gliscor can't stop the Ground type from leaving though. It has no offensive pressure. The most likely result of this combination is that the Ground user switches into an Ice user and forces Gliscor out. Further, that's provided the Ground type wasn't Mamoswine or a special attacker, who takes the switching step out of the equation anyway.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We are getting near the end, so I'm going to go and put out a 24 hour warning. You have until 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time (GMT-4) on November 1 to finish up laddering. At that time, I will take a screenshot of the top of the ladder and post it here so that people can identify themselves. The top 8 individual finishers will get to participate in the playtest tournament. Further details on the tournament, such as on how all the matchups will be made will also be posted at that time. Good luck to all participants.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And now that 24 hours have passed, the ladder portion of the Plasmanta playtest is now over. Here are the final standings:

As mentioned in the OP of this thread, the new format this CAP is an 8 person tournament. As such, what we need right now is for the top finishers to identify themselves. If you see yourself in the screenshot above, please post here identifying yourself. While the tournament is only for 8 people, I would encourage other people on the list to identify themselves as well, in the case of multiple accounts belonging to the same person or in case any individual is unable to participate.

The tournament itself will be single elimination, with each matchup being a best 2 out of 3. First round matchups will be posted after we have the 8 participants identified. Feel free to post with any questions regarding the tournament.

Congrats to all the top finishers!

-------

Forum names of top finishers:

1) Hingen
2) Gros Orteil
3) Flan76
4) Nicoblood
5) Cheat Code
6) Sae Sae
7) soTsoT
8) -Gizmo-

Last edited:

Sae

In the midst of Orre
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Confirming as Sae:

*Note: will be inactive from Wednesday-Saturday of this week so plox don't schedule matches for me during then.

-gizmo-

Smogon's Kingpin
And now that 24 hours have passed, the ladder portion of the Plasmanta playtest is now over. Here are the final standings:

As mentioned in the OP of this thread, the new format this CAP is an 8 person tournament. As such, what we need right now is for the top finishers to identify themselves. If you see yourself in the screenshot above, please post here identifying yourself. While the tournament is only for 8 people, I would encourage other people on the list to identify themselves as well, in the case of multiple accounts belonging to the same person or in case any individual is unable to participate.

The tournament itself will be single elimination, with each matchup being a best 2 out of 3. First round matchups will be posted after we have the 8 participants identified. Feel free to post with any questions regarding the tournament.

Congrats to all the top finishers!

-------

Forum names of top finishers:

1)
2) Gros Orteil
3) Flan76
4) Nicoblood
5)
6) Sae Sae
7) soTsoT
8) -Gizmo-
That's everyone, no?

jas61292

used substitute
Yup. We have everyone identified. I should have round one details for the tournament up later today.

jas61292

used substitute
Ok, we have the participants, now lets get this tournament started.

Tournament Rules:

Specific Rules:
  • Plasmanta is available for this tournament in addition to typical Pokemon allowed within XY OU. It is not necessary to put on your team; you could win this tournament without ever putting CAP19 on your team.
  • All other CAPs are banned for this tournament. This isn't the CAP metagame, it is simply the current CAP + OU.
  • Since CAP19 started back in July when Mega Mawile was still legal in OU, it will remain legal for the playtest.
  • All matchups will be played as a best of three.

General Rules:
  • This tournament will follow the same general rules of those held in the tournaments subforum. These rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Wifi Battle Clause. Team preview must be enabled.
  • All matches must be played on Pokemon Showdown!, since Plasmanta is not implemented anywhere else.
  • If you have any questions be sure to let me know!

Matchups
Hingen vs -Gizmo-
Flan76 vs Cheat Code
Gros Orteil vs soTsoT
Nicoblood vs Sae Sae

You guys will have one week maximum to get your matches done, though I highly encourage you to get them done as early as you can.

I also encourage all participants to post replays from tournament matches. I look forward to seeing some quality battles!

Best of luck to all participants!

Last edited:

Sae

In the midst of Orre
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
contacted but hopefully my lack of internet won't be a problem cause of the retreat; aiming to play tomorrow or Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)