CAP 19 Pre-Evo - Snugglow Final Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey all! I am hugely apologetic for the amount of time this has taken, but there have been some issues and jumbles along the way. I am incredibly happy how this guy turned out however!

Looking over the dex entries for the dimensions I asked for (keep in mind, Plasmanta's colossal dimensions of 23' 0" (7m) and 1014.1 lb (460kg)) and I have inflated them a little to come to 1.2m (4 feet) and 6kg (13.2 lbs). The huge difference in size is reflected by Manta's, which grow from about 1.8m to similar to Plasmanta's huge 7m throughout their lives. Real "baby" Mantas usually weigh upwards of 60kgs. Being this is Pokemon, we can bend the rules a fair bit!

Thankyou to everyone who has taken part and to everyone who has been patient! I will have a look over and talk with some of the other mods and see if we can get going on some of the older Gen 4 Prevo's soon too!

Name: Snugglow
Typing: Electric/Poison
Abilities: Storm Drain / Vital Spirit / Telepathy
Stats: 40 HP / 37 Atk / 79 Def / 91 SpA / 68 SpD / 70 Spe (BST 385)
Movepool: CaP 19 Pre-Evo - Part 5 - Move Pool Submissions
Evovles at: Level up at Lv29

Sprites:

Pokedex Entries:

Snugglow, the Baby Manta Pokémon

X: Snugglow are known for surprising divers by hiding beneath some sand, and then leaping out of the sand to hug them.

Y: This Pokémon is drawn to sources of stress, and can often be seen migrating towards the location of a natural disaster.

I didn't participate in the creation of Snugglow, but this thing is way too adorable to not appreciate. Good job everyone.

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
Yay! I'm glad I could participate in my first kind of CAP project ever! :D

Hey all! I am hugely apologetic for the amount of time this has taken, but there have been some issues and jumbles along the way. I am incredibly happy how this guy turned out however!

Looking over the dex entries for the dimensions I asked for (keep in mind, Plasmanta's colossal dimensions of 23' 0" (7m) and 1014.1 lb (460kg)) and I have inflated them a little to come to 1.2m (4 feet) and 6kg (13.2 lbs). The huge difference in size is reflected by Manta's, which grow from about 1.8m to similar to Plasmanta's huge 7m throughout their lives. Real "baby" Mantas usually weigh upwards of 60kgs. Being this is Pokemon, we can bend the rules a fair bit!

Thankyou to everyone who has taken part and to everyone who has been patient! I will have a look over and talk with some of the other mods and see if we can get going on some of the older Gen 4 Prevo's soon too!

Name: Snugglow
Typing: Electric/Poison
Abilities: Storm Drain / Vital Spirit / Telepathy
Stats: 40 HP / 37 Atk / 79 Def / 91 SpA / 68 SpD / 70 Spe (BST 385)
Movepool: CaP 19 Pre-Evo - Part 5 - Move Pool Submissions
Evovles at: Level up at Lv29

Sprites:

Pokedex Entries:

Snugglow, the Baby Manta Pokémon

X: Snugglow are known for surprising divers by hiding beneath some sand, and then leaping out of the sand to hug them.

Y: This Pokémon is drawn to sources of stress, and can often be seen migrating towards the location of a natural disaster.
Don't you guys still have to readd the Plasmanta sprite back to Pkmn Showdown? So what's the plan here are we starting like a lc tier to CAP? Anyways great design...

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This thing is so cute, the artist should be proud of themselves. Sorry I was a bit absent late in the project, but it looks like we have come up with another cute CaP Prevo, thank you to everyone who voted for my stat spread!

Looking forward to possibly doing some Gen IV CaP Prevo's soon. This process is possibly my favourite thing to do on Smogon, and I hope we all turn out for CaP 20 and make another great mini-CaP.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Don't you guys still have to readd the Plasmanta sprite back to Pkmn Showdown? So what's the plan here are we starting like a lc tier to CAP? Anyways great design...
Layell I don't suppose you have any ideas on Plasmanta's back sprite issues?

As for the latter question, no. CaP Prevo's won't be implemented on showdown. They are just a bit of fun we like to have after the project as a wind down.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's probably because we restored the sprites from a backup after the crash, and my personal file doesn't have that CAP since you didn't add it through me. Thus when I gave back my copy nobody remembered CAP.

I'll get on that.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's probably because we restored the sprites from a backup after the crash, and my personal file doesn't have that CAP since you didn't add it through me. Thus when I gave back my copy nobody remembered CAP.
I PMed you both the Volkraken and Plasmanta missing sprites a while back. Anyway, thanks a ton for helping with this!

---

I'm quite pleased with how Snugglow ended up :D A lot of the CAP prevos are quite cute, but this one might take the cake. It was great to see some new users along the way, too.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I really wish that CAP LC exsisted. I would ladder everyday. But on the pre evo, great job guys. Cute as ever!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)