CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flarephoenix332
Korski

I don't see enough substance in the other concepts. "Fatal Flaw" has been done lots of time by GF, with alternate results (see Volcarona or Regigigas) - I don't get what are we exactly learning here. "Psychological Warfare" seems way too undefinite to me - I am extremely worried about any Pokémon vaguely resembling a combination of Salamence and Whimsicott (Thundurus anyone?). "Theoretical Threat" just sounds like a bog sweeper to me (which I have nothing against, but we could do a sweeper with most of the other concepts as well as exploring more stuff).

BugManiacBob
Fire Blast
FlarePhoenix332
Korski
LouisCyphre

Weather already dominates, so I have to wonder if making something to take advantage of a lesser-used one will really impact the metagame enough to allow a proper study. On the other hand, analyzing how much psychology affect battles would be new and interesting.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
bugmaniacbob
Fire Blast
LouisCyphre
Korski
FlarePhoenix332

Imagination and innovation is absolutely the most important thing we should be going for in CAP - specifically, from the process itself. The concept may be light bulbs and Marmite, but if it's doing the work for us, there's no real point to it. I'm not convinced, whatever has been said, that the bottom three are challenging us to think about what we are creating. I despise all "let's make an awesome weather Pokemon" concepts on principle. LouisCyphre's concept has been restated in just about every CAP ever, but I don't really see what we can learn from it. Volcarona already exists. Korski's is an amazing idea but there is just nothing to it besides a fanboy's dream come true. I'm not going to go into detail here since nobody cares anyway (and it will win regardless), but I will say that there is nothing in the least challenging about it. It has only one prerequisite (two if you count "being OU") to fulfil the concept. What discussion can be had that isn't "OMG how do we balance this" I don't know. And as for Fire Blast's... I like it. I actually like it a lot. We'll get a good CAP out of it, and the "theoretical threat" thing is a lot like what I had in mind for Psychological Warfare, if a bit more limited. But that could be a good thing.

No matter what happens, I am certain that this CAP will be "a success". I just hope that we will have a way to justify this in the Smog this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)