CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
bugmaniacbob
I don't really see us learning a whole lot from Korski's concept; I agree with people's sentiments regarding FlarePhoenix's concept as well, and... I just feel like a Theoretical Threat really only exists to a certain extent, especially because we already have perfect examples of such like Electivire or even a Magnezone ready to come in and trap a Ferrothorn.

Obviously none of the concepts are going to be perfect but on this one I went with my gut feeling, and that was BMB's.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Fire Blast

I love Korski's concept, but I think that Sketch just opens a whole new can of worms that might turn into a hassle later on.

Fire Blast

I love the idea of a theoretical threat where the opponent will have to prepare for it to come in on any given turn.

Just to let you know, the reason Fire Blast's name is'nt bold is because I'm using my 3ds. Thins thing does EVERYTHING.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Korski

I've been following this concept for a while, and like Dusk, have no concern with it whatsoever. I will be pleased with this concept.

Korski

The Sketch Artist concept has really grown on me lately, I'm actually very optimistic that we can do it successfully.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
bugmaniacbob

I don't really see us learning a whole lot from Korski's concept; I agree with people's sentiments regarding FlarePhoenix's concept as well, and... I just feel like a Theoretical Threat really only exists to a certain extent, especially because we already have perfect examples of such like Electivire or even a Magnezone ready to come in and trap a Ferrothorn.
I agree with Woodchuck's sentiments. Korski's idea just seems too easy to pull off, and CAP could get more challenge off of bugmaniacbob's theme, imo.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Fire Blast

I'm less scared of studying fear than I am of seeing what adding Spore, Shell Smash, and V-Create to a Pokémon's move list will do. Honestly, what move would you put over those three? Maybe Blue Flare or something, depending on the stat spread. Even if we nerf every other aspect of the CAP, Spore will make it viable in any metagame we drop it into. It's a crutch that I don't feel like relying on.

Hail doesn't particularly inspire any comment from me, and a "psychological warfare" griefing CAP feels like a watered-down version of the fear-inspiring CAP we'd achieve via Fire Blast's concept. A panicked opponent plays worse than an annoyed opponent, in my experience.

Fire Blast

Team Preview has made a massive impact on the metagame, and I think exploring that would be great for this CAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)