CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love your idea Fire Blast, but sketch artist will be too much damn. Lets make him a sweeper that instead throws down spikes. I just dont want him to have baton pass as an egg/level move. Then we get all sorts of terrible baton pass issues. But ya. and last minute change of mind. I just love the theorectical threat Idea. I love throwing linoones on random teams to scare the shit out of people. Ya it works. Its hilarious. If people don't play well against it, its terribly scary. Like a flash fire boosted chandelure ripping through teams. Or a sap sipper boufalant. These things are hysterical when they go off. Not to mention watching the false/real predictions. double switches, its insane. Gotta vote FIRE BLAST

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Korski

I am very excited to see the discussions that would come from this concept. It will be a great investigation into pokemon that have access to one really great move, and what other aspects of the pokemon make those moves work best in OU. In past CAP projects we have explored all sorts of interest metagame issues like countering, scouting, momentum, speed, status, and synergy. This concept allows us to really explore movepools that are defined by incredibly good moves. It places no restrictions on us for typing, stats, ability, or anything else -- while at the same time, forcing us to keep a clear goal in mind when covering those things. That's the hallmark of a great concept.

In the end, I have no idea whether we will have a great pokemon or not, and that really doesn't matter. Through the process of making this thing, we will be doing an in depth analysis of all the very best moves in the game and the aspects of a pokemon that support them. That would be a lot of fun, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)