CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire Blast

Flarephoenix's idea isn't attractive because hail doesn't have an existing base of good abusers. The stallers either suffer from 4MSS, bad stats, or reliance on Snow Cloak hax to succeed, and the attackers get smoked by Scizor. One new awesome thing probably won't make enough of a difference to make hail viable. Besides, everyone's probably sick of weather already.

There's no way Korski's idea will be usable in OU. It'll come out either too weak to do anything or too broken to keep the banhammer off of itself. It's a fun idea, though.

BMB and FB's ideas have similar goals; while I think that BMB's is cooler, I'm going Fire Blast because he seems to have more support, and I don't want to sway the election towards Korski.

Korski

My favorite idea, I love how intimidating this CAP has the possibility to be just by the sheer numbers of options that it has at it's disposal. In some ways a more limited Smeargle, and in other ways possibly a much stronger Smeargle

Fire Blast

I see no way at all how having a pokemon with 1 move allowed could ever be an intelligent design. All you need is a propor resist to an attack type and you shut the thing down 150%. And if it has a non attacking move, it becomes completely useless after it's done that one thing it can do.
I like the concept of helping hail out, but 1, weather already bastardizes the metagames centralization, and 2, hail isn't strong enough in OU anyway to make a comeback. I really would like the existance of a pokemon that you can use to screw with your opponent and gain an upper hand because they can't just pussy switch back and forth the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)