CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 2 - Typing Poll 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did I miss the typing discussions?

Grass/Ghost

The reason for this is simple. Do we really want a Dragon-type with access to Shell Smash?

Hell No. Even if it's secondary typing is Poision... which is actually a pretty decent defensive type with all of the fighting types running around OU, Dragons with access to Shell Smash, Gear Shift, Quiver Dance, Spore, and similar moves, especially when focused around Bulky Offense, is a massive no-no.

Grass/Ghost is far less likly to be broken by Sketch, but is also not useless. Not to mention it's a feasable type if you want to take a more defensive approach. Only real downside I can see is that Rotom-C is arguably already a Bulky-Offensive Grass type.

Poison / Dragon

Now what's with all the negative talk about Poison/Dragon anyway. People freaking out and saying silly things like "OH NOES, DRAGON + SHELL SMASH!?! WE'RE ALL DOOMED!1!!" and "This thing will have Outrage/Draco Meteor/Strong coverage/Shell Smash." Seriously? We haven't even got to the stat, abilities, movepool yet and you're already soiling your pants in fears? Jesus we don't even know just how powerful CAP2 would be and we can easily prevent it from being overpowered so stop panicking, beside it might not ever get Draco Meteor/Outrage in it's movepool at all (they're not mandatory moves)

Grass/Ghost

Why make it easy for our mon to eat other pokes by giving it an OP'ed type combo AND sketch.
I'd like to address the point about the Dragon having to use Sketch to get the OP dragon moves.

Well, all of the dragons in the game get them. All gen 5 dragons get Outrage and those that don't from older games learn it from the Gen 4 move tutors.

And ALL dragons get Draco Meteor from the dragon trainer in-game. Every single one.

To propose a dragon "that we just won't give these moves to" goes against the grain of the Pokemon games and sets an arbitrary precedent that you may or may not want creeping in to the CAP project.

I'm not saying that a Poison/Dragon pokemon isn't an exciting thing to have, but within the defined concept of it being a Sketch-mon, people suggesting that it should have to use Sketch on these high BP dragon STAB moves are not considering that we are creating a theoretical pokemon that could function within the parameters set out by Nintendo/Game Freak for the franchise, not just competitive battling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)