CAP 2 Pre-evo - Art Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
MLaRF
Noobiess
Thornchild
Mos-Quitoxe

Also, do the votes qualify if they're formatted correctly but also a hyperlink to incredibly awesome and fitting battle music?

paintseagull
Mos-Quitoxe

I really liked the innovation of these two designs above all of the others. They both do the evolution in a cool way that I appreciate as an individual, but which reminisce of different real Pokemon. paint keeps with the humanshape structure, but totally in a unique style. I like it because it's angsty and has a lot of emotion in a very unique way. Mos-Quitoxe's is cool in that it's very Larvesta > Volcarona, but I think it's second to paint's because it still reminds me too much of Joltik and a Bug-type. Mos really never addressed that feedback, so I just can't place it on the top of my list. The other ones were cool and all, but these two stood out so far above the rest that I put them in a tier unto themselves.

Good luck!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Quanyails
jessifer
noobiess
paintseagull
Birkal

Definitely standing by what Jas said. Most pre-evolutions in the world of Pokemon have a pretty strong resemblance to their evolution; cases like Magikarp > Gyarados and Larvesta > Volcarona are the exception, not the rule. At least in my opinion! I'd be all for Mos's and thornchild's designs if this was a three-chain evolution. As it stands, however, I'd prefer something a bit more "matured" for our pre-evo.

Best of luck to all contestants!

Mos-Quitoxe

It's really the only design I see that has any strong thematic connection to Necturna. It's creepy, bud-like, and could grow into our channeling maiden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)