CAP 2 Pre-evo - Part 1.1 - Typing poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems there were only two typings that the vast majority of people wanted to discuss! Thus, this poll will be a simple matter of yes or no. Necturna's pre-evo will be a Grass type, but will it also be a Ghost-type?

This will be a single bold vote poll. Your options are to vote Yes (to Ghost secondary type) or No (just have mono-Grass). This will probably be easier on everyone trying to count. A typical post might look like this:

My Preferred Choice

If the voter wishes, he may post comments on his vote below the actual vote. Only the vote itself should be bold and none of the supplementary text should be bold.
Note that any posts that do not contain a vote will be moderated and the poster warned. If you feel compelled to say something in your own vote, you may do so, but please don't try to incite a discussion here. Keep discussion to the IRC channel, #cap.

This poll will be open for 24 hours. The CAP 2 final product can be seen here.

THE ANTICIPATION

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
No

I'd prefer to follow in the footsteps of cutemons Cacnea and Shroomish. Mono-Grass all the way for me!

Yes

CAP 2, like Chandelure and Jellicent, should absolutely keep its Ghost typing in its pre-evolution. Not only does the resulting pre-evo end up a lot more interesting than mono-Grass, it also actually has theoretical use in a magical CAP LC metagame where it would be fun to try.

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
No

People have made several good arguments for why this should remain Grass / Ghost, but I believe that going mono-Grass will allow more creativity in the design process, as we would have to come up with a way for mini-Necturna to evolve into a Ghost-type. Additionally, though this is likely just me being a poor artist, I would worry that we would end up with a Grass / Ghost design that either barely looked like Necturna or would resemble her too much.

However, this will honestly be a good choice either way.

Yes

We can still make Ghost-types cute, can't we? Think of Shuppet and Misdreavus, two adorable Ghost-type Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)