CAP 2 Pre-evo - Part 6.1 - Name poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nectot
Necturine

As soon as I read Nectot when it was first submitted, I though, "Now that's clever." Though it's my personal favorite, Necturine is also rolls off the tongue very well.

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Necturine
Nectot

I love how Necturine sounds. It's cute, it sounds like a fruit, and it uses the Nect- prefix in a clever way. I definitely don't think it sounds more mature than Necturna.

Nectot is also cute and sounds natural. The way the "ec" and "tot" sounds go together is fun, and the "tot" part works for the rounded shape of it. It feels right.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Whisberry

i feel like every other option is just a wannabe necturna, and i feel since CAP 2's pre-evo is so different in design than necturna's, i feel a very different name is in order.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@psg nectarine is a fruit

Tbh none of them are terrific but Whisberry has grown the most on me.

Unlike Dusk, i dont think that any particular conventions are required. This prevolution is dynamically different by Necturna and therefore it is my opinion that naming it in a manner akin to Necturna is confusing. I also have some slight bias because I feel that most of the Nect names are uncreative.

Not intending to slur the name creators here, I was at a complete loss for any half-decent name but these are my feelings.

Whisberry

The names chosen (solely, it seems, by the bias of Capefeather and Rising_Dusk) have shattered a part of my faith in the democratic system of the CAP project. There was clearly a desire for non-Necturna-related names, as shown by the abundance of votes for the name Whisberry. In my opinion, Whisberry wasn't the best option, but it is the best by far of the ones selected from the pool of interesting names. I am disappointed less by the fact that my own submission did not make it than I am that this vote, designed to be representative of those involved, has failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)