1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 13 CAP 2 - Pre-evo poll

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by capefeather, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capefeather

capefeather YOU CAN'T STOP THE FORDS
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

As some of you may recall, the Assistant Topic Leader for CAP 2 was DarkSlay. Since his last login was almost a month ago, and his last non-voting contribution almost two, Rising_Dusk has curiously chosen a Mario power-up to participate in the inaugural battle with him and, more relevantly to this thread, do the pre-evolution stages of this CAP. I was reluctant partly because I thought that maybe DarkSlay would appear again in the forums or IRC, but since he hasn't, the show must go on! I hope he doesn't mind!

In this stage, we get to vote for the number of pre-evolutions that Necturna is going to have! You have exactly these options (don't spell them wrong or use different words or anything):

Will Necturna be born as Necturna, and never experience the growing pains of evolution? In that case, this process stops here. Otherwise, Necturna will have one or two pre-evolutions, each with its own possible interpretations. This will be a single bold vote poll, so a typical vote might look like this:

Please note that any posts that do not contain a vote will be moderated and the poster warned. If you feel compelled to say something in your own vote, you may do so, but don't try to incite a discussion. Keep discussion to the IRC channel, #cap.

This poll will be open for 24 hours. The CAP 2 final product can be seen here.

[​IMG]

tl;dr: Quack? (Happy Valentine's Day! Wait, why am I a duck? This doesn't make sense! Plus, I think someone's trying to imply something...)
  2. mradam5

mradam5

3. Wild Eep

Wild Eep pet pet pet
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

4. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

5. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

6. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Two

I was thinking of saying none originally, but I honestly cannot see Necturna as something being found in the wild. If it was an event Pokemon, maybe I would feel differently, but as it is I think some prevos would be best.
  7. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

8. erisia

erisia (macho) brace yourselves
    is a Contributor Alumnus

One

Necturna's somewhat similar in form to Jellicent / Mismagius / Drifblim so it'd make sense for it to have a little prevo. :)
  9. scampy

scampy

10. Pearl.

Pearl. I can't make miracles happen... But, I can be at your side.
    is a Tiering Contributor

None

I think it's better if we make Necturna similar to Sableye / Spiritomb, though it doesn't share its typing with them.
  11. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

12. Juicy

Juicy

13. DarkBlazeR

DarkBlazeR

One

It would be cool to see a lesser Necturna that could be used in the lower tiers with Eviolite.
  14. None

Necturna simply does not strike me as a Pokemon that evolved. I put its design and concept in the same class as Skarmory, Absol, Spiritomb, Sigilyph, and so on, badass enough on its own.

Besides, didn't we decide that Sketch would be an event move? If that's the case, then a theoretical pre-evo wouldn't serve any purpose because it wouldn't be able to teach us anything about the game, certainly not what Necturna was designed to teach us.
  15. umbriel

umbriel

16. UllarWarlord

UllarWarlord

17. Chillarmy

Chillarmy

18. Entere

Entere

Two

I'd imagine its pre-evos to be a bit like scolipede (only better). First as a bit of a duplicate, second more defense-oriented.
  19. Honko

Honko
    is a Programmeris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

20. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

None

I like making pre-evolutions a lot, but Necturna just doesn't strike me as the type of Pokemon that would have one! Although I suppose if it does have pre-evolutions, I'd want it to only have one, as two doesn't really make a lot of sense given its style.
  21. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Two

Simply so that I have some more excuses to procrastinate over the next few weeks.

Also aren't we kind-of vote splitting straight from the off by going for two/one/none options? Too late now though... hope this goes well.
  22. Chieliee

Chieliee

23. The Wanderer

The Wanderer

None

Necturna always struck me as a stand-alone.
  24. Deucalion2

Deucalion2

25. UltiMario

UltiMario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)