CAP 20 CAP 20 Final Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Well, I guess we're finally here. CAP20 went smoothly enough, I suppose. We didn't have much drama, and the only real notable problem was the time delays caused by the new movepool process.

I don't really have much to say. CAP20 went well, people enjoyed it I hope, and now we have a big boat. Though we're both the first CAP of ORAS, AND the first CAP to have a 3D model for its playtest, so we got that going for us!

As for the height and weight, viking warships are absurdly heavy. Unfortunately pokemon physics are incredibly stupid, so I had to scale down proportionally, as otherwise Naviathan would weigh over fifty times more than the heaviest pokemon. Height wise, it's basically impossible to get any good measurements and if I went with mast height it'd be bonkers tall so i just went for the ballpark of 'tallish' mons (xerneas etc). Weight wise went with paintseagull's calcs. Even numbers because who doesn't like even numbers.

At any rate, this is The End, and my final post acting as CAP 20's TL, since dex entries and such are now slatealllegalsubmissions affairs. That is all, hope I was adequate.

----

CAP 20 Credits
Leadership Team
:
nyttyn - Topic Leader
Ununhexium - Typing Leader
trc - Abilities Leader
HeaLnDeaL - Stats Leader
Snobalt - Movepool Leader

mphallor - Concept
sparktrain - Stats
Mos-Quixote - Art
SwedishBiscuit - Name
cbrevan + HeaLnDeaL - Movepool
aXL - Sprite
Quanyails - 3D Wireframe/Texture/Rigging
DJTHED - 3D Animation
Shelmet - Pokedex Entry
??? - Playtest Champion

Concept:
Name: Use the Boost to Get Through!

General Description: A sweeper with several boosting options that result in completely different checks and counters. While each set should be viable in its own right, the unpredictability of this Pokemon should make it much better than any one set alone.
Type: Water / Steel
Abilities: Water Veil / Heatproof / Light Metal
Stats: 103 HP / 110 Atk / 90 Def / 95 SpA / 65 SpD / 97 Spe
Height: 10 feet / 3.048 Meters
Weight: 1124.36 pounds / 510 KG
Egg Groups: Water1, Field
Color Group: Gray
Movepool:
--Peck
--Dragon Breath
--Gust
--Splash
--Scary Face
03 Splash
07 Water Gun
11 Metal Claw
17 Scary Face
21 Metal Sound
25 Bubblebeam
31 Drill Peck*
35 Flash Cannon*
39 Slack Off*
45 Brine
49 Icicle Crash*
54 Wide Guard
60 Hydro Pump
64 Hurricane
70 Iron Head
74 Self Destruct
02: Dragon Claw
04: Calm Mind*
06: Toxic
10: Hidden Power
07: Hail
12: Taunt*
13: Ice Beam
14: Blizzard
15: Hyper Beam
17: Protect
18: Rain Dance
21: Frustration
27: Return
32: Double Team
42: Facade
44: Rest
45: Attract
48: Round
49: Echoed Voice
55: Scald*
67: Retaliate
68: Giga Impact
87: Swagger
88: Sleep Talk
90: Substitute*
91: Flash Cannon*
93: Wild Charge*
94: Secret Power (ORAS)
100: Confide

HM03: Surf
HM04: Strength
HM05: Waterfall*
HM06: Rock Smash
HM07:Dive
Egg Groups: Water 1, Field

Bite (Naviathan and friends)
Dragon Dance* (Lapras and friends)
Feather Dance (Blaziken and friends)
Feint (Kabutops and friends)
Haze (Greninja and friends)
Ice Fang (Granbull and friends)
Icicle Spear (Dewgong and friends)
Iron Tail (Naviathan and friends)
Metronome (Granbull and friends)
Refresh* (Lapras and friends)
Thunder Fang (Granbull and friends)
Water Pulse (Lapras and friends)
Whirlpool (Lapras and friends)
Wide Guard (Naviathan and friends)
Dragon Pulse
Ice Punch*
Icy Wind
Iron Defense
Iron Head*
Iron Tail
Snore
Thunder Punch
Water Pulse

Name: Naviathan
Art:
Sprite:
3D Render:
Pokedex Entry: Naviathan, the Trireme Pokemon

X/OR: In the ancient days, the foghorn cry of the Naviathan often signaled the start of a major battle.

Y/AS: It is an honor to witness a Naviathan bowing its head and raising its oars. This majestic salute is reserved for the courageous and valiant.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Other great CAP turn out, I say! Great work on everything, it makes me curious on what CAP 21 going to bring us!

This was my first CAP participating in, and I'm glad I did. Although I don't think I participated as much as I should have near the end, and I don't think my posts were too great, it was just plain fun to watch a CAP come to life and meet some cool people on the way. See you at the playtest, heh.

I'm glad everything turned out well! Thank you to those who participated. As usual, I'm looking forward to the Pokédex entries, Hidden Ability, and even the Prevo Poll.

I loved it. Though my movepool ban was silly, I thoroughly enjoyed participating in it and I'm looking forward to breaking this in the playtest.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This was a lot of fun to participate in. Can't wait to see what goes down in the playtest though.

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
This CAP process has definitely gone extremely well! From first glance I can see that this CAP will probably not suffer from being "not strong enough" as what has happened for the past 2 CAPs, and this Pokemon seems to be a welcome addition to the OU metagame (although Landorus being involved may not be that fun lol). Can't wait to play with it a lot on the Playtest Ladder and I hope its really active. As I always say after every CAP I wish I was more active lmao but I'm satisfied with my activity this time around only really regretting not submitting anything during those rounds. Anyways, thanks to nyttyn and the TLT for a fun project and see you during the playtest and the next CAP!

O, also I predict that the boat puns in this thread will be both great in numbers and cringeworthy

Before this project, I used to have a fear of boats, but that ship has sailed.

In all seriousness, I had a great time participating and watching everything unfold despite being it being my first time. I look forward to learning more in the future, and hopefully taking part in a more competitive and analytical side of this process.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This was a very interesting project, and it was certainly good to see the new movepool process in action. With that said, the move focused concept might not have shown of that new process as best as we could, but there was definitely some positive things we still can take out of this. I look forward to seeing if we really did manage to make it so that both kinds of sets can function properly, without either being too overbearing.

Also, tagging Antar as requested. All the information (barring a possible third flavor ability which may or may not be decided upon before implementation) on the new Pokemon should be in the OP, though if you need anything else (or want it in a more succinct/different form) just give a shout.

This being my first CAP participating in, I now understand how the CAP process works and how to make more cohesive contributions to future projects. CAP is an interesting concept, but I feel that there was too much band-wagoning and not enough people being open minded when approaching the CAP process.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Alerting Layell!

In case you missed it on dA, here's Naviathan's B/W party icon (X/Y's is one pixel taller).

I also linked DJTHED updated textures with more visible feathoar [sic] notches and its newly-determined shiny. Should he post images of the updated render, they'll be good to go on PS! And, Layell, if you haven't already, the updated renders for Plasmanta and Aurumoth could be implemented as well.

I'm speaking with aXl about sprite animations. Don't keep tuned, though. I don't know when--or even if--I get to them.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It was a fun project, and I'm really glad to see that we had both some knowledgeable veterans and some very influential newcomers this time around. Thanks go to nyttyn for the leadership, and thanks to our fancy new modelers and rendering pros for their hard work and commitment during such a small time frame! I look forward to seeing the more official models whenever they are ready :)

I'm cautiously optimistic about the success of Naviathan's concept in the playtest. So, that's a personal first. I'm eagerly looking forward to watching the lower CAP ladder find hilariously bad sets how Calm Mind sets measure up to Dragon Dance sets.

This has gone well, my first CAP (which was admittedly plain to see) and the playtest will be fun, I'll make 1 team with Naviathan and 1 without just to see how it goes :)

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
This was my first full CAP run-through, and I must say, I had a great time! Kudos to everyone who participated!

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Out of all the CAP Projects I have participated in (The last 3), i have to say i had the most fun with this project, and so far it looks like we did a pretty good job at achieving the concept, can't wait for the playtest

Also, it looks like Colossoil has just been dethroned as the largest CAP Mon, because oh my lord Naviathan is huge

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Should be one of the more interesting CAPs in recent memory to use, even if the process was shoehorned by an almost aggressively confining concept.

rip Heavy Slam: I'll get you on a CAP one of these days...

This was the first CAP that I monitored the whole way (and I also contributed a bit). I still remember when we were arguing about having CAP 20 as an Electric-Fairy type or a Water-Steel type (and whether we can have Bolt Strike as a move or not). I loved it, and hopefully this thing can do good in the OU and CAP Metagame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)