CAP 20 Prevo: Floatoy and Caimanoe Final Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey all! I know it's been a long gestation period for our most recent additions! But here they finally are in all their splendor! With Naviathan being around 3m (10ft) in length and weighing in at 510kgs (1124lbs), there is a sizable gap between Caimanoe and Naviathan.

So, going with what people posted in the Pokedex thread I am going with 0.8m (2'07ft) and 1.9kgs (4.2lbs) for Floatoy. Which leaves Caimanoe at 1.4m (4'07ft) and 72.5kgs (159.8lbs).

This leaves a decent jump from Caimanoe, which I think is perfectly possible considering how small Alligators/Crocs start off at and then eventually end up at! Thank you to everyone who put up with me and submitted entries for this set of prevos. I will definitely be on the look out for someone to host the next set (assuming there are some!).

So, here they are:

Floatoy
Floatoy, the Preserver Pokemon

X/OR: Floatoy often emerge near beaches during rip currents, catching themselves in the flow to assist swimmers in peril.

Y/AS: The flimsy oars of Floatoy are connected to rather durable bodies. Their friendly demeanor make them popular among children.
Typing: Water
Abilities: Water Veil / Heatproof / Swift Swim
Stats: 48 HP / 70 Atk / 40 Def / 70 SpA / 30 SpD / 77 Spe
Movepool: CaP 20 Pre-Evo - Part 5 - Move Pool Submissions

Caimanoe
Caimanoe, the Navigator Pokémon

X/OR: Their brains match the magnetic field of a compass. Travelers have trusted the navigation skills of this Pokémon since the 16th century.

Y/AS: Caimanoe isn't very aggressive, but it will snap if a Trainer or another Pokémon attacks it outside of battle.
Typing: Water/Steel
Abilities: Water Veil / Heatproof / Light Metal
Stats: 73 HP / 85 Atk / 65 Def / 80 SpA / 40 SpD / 87 Spe
Movepool: CaP 20 Pre-Evo - Part 5 - Move Pool Submissions

Not even finishing with a song? I guess I'll supply.

I'm still impressed by how gorgeous the designs for these two came out. Shout-out Quanyails

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
^not Float On 0/10

This is the first dual-prevo I have seen worked on, and it was interesting to watch the processes run concurrently. Congratulations to everyone involved and to everyone who won in the polls.

Thank you guys for participating! This was the first Prevo project I've won in any category, so I enjoyed contributing to Caimanoe's Pokédex entries!

I've attempted to contribute with Volkritter and Snugglow, but this was my favorite, no matter how much it lagged during CAP 21's Concept Submissions.

Trivia: Did you know that the 16th century (or 1500s) mentioned in Caimanoe's X/OR Pokédex entry was initially a subtle reference to One Piece, because one of the storylines takes place in the year 1522?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)