CAP 22 CAP 22 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Two ideas:

Willop

"wallop" + "pillow"

Pronounced: "WIH-lop"
IPA: wɪlap

I like how 'pillow' and 'wallop' share many of the same phonemes. They're very nearly semordnilaps!

Yooslooze

Contraction/corruption of 'you snooze, you lose'.

Pronounced: "yoo-SLOOZ"
IPA: jusluz

I was inspired by Yungoos. :P

DougJustDoug: I thought of that name for the CAPmon, too, but it ended up sounding like an alternate name for a pillow (e.g., daystar for sun).

WIP

Dakimacho

DA-kee-MA-cho
From Dakimakura + Macho.

Wai-Fu
WHY-FOO

From Waifu + Kung Fu. Also has a hint of "waif", referring to its weak-looking animu appearance and average physical stats.

No waifu, no laifu :P

WIP

Jabllow

JA-blo

Jab (a punch) + pillow with a hint of blow (a hit physically (Fighting-type) or emotionally (Parting Shot))

Last edited:
WIP

Wollip

Pretty simple. Just a corruption of 'wallop' that also spells 'pillow' backwards.

Edit: Just noticed the similarity to slapperfish's name suggestion, but I feel like they have different flows.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
WIP

Pushicushi

A combination of pushy and cushy/cushion, capturing the fighting spirit of this otherwise soft-looking Pokemon.

Pronounced: PUH-she-KUH-she
IPA: pʊ.ʃi.kʊ.ʃi

WIP
Concushion

A combination of "Concussion" and "Cushion". Concussion refers to the Fighting type aspect, and Cushion refers to the pillow aspect.

Pronounced: Cuhn - coosh - un
IPA: kʌnkʊʃən

Last edited:
WIP

Pillowchase

Pillowcase + Chase. I imagine it's version of parting shot might be running around with a silly 'catch me if you can' attitude, before retreating.

Pronounced: pill-oh-chase

IPA: /ˈpɪləʊtʃeɪs/ (I think. If anybody can confirm or deny I did this right that'd be great.)

Stuffist

Stuff + Fist

Pronounced: stu-fist

IPA: /stʌfɪst/

Last edited:
WIP

Fluffray

'Fluffy' + 'Fray.' The pillow pokemon looks like it could be very soft and fluffy. Fray is another word for a fight or brawl.

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
WIP

Clashmere

A portmanteau of the words 'Clash,' as in a confrontation (for fighting type), and 'Cashmere,' a type of wool noted for its superior comfort and insular quality (reference to pillows and that fairy-types are often rather squishy).

Pronunciation: 'Clash'-'Mere.'
IPA: klæʃ mɪər

EDIT: Am also considering "Crashmere."

Last edited:
WIP

Pilloxie

"Pil-Lox-Ee"

"Pillow" + "Boxing" + "Moxie"

There are a lot of puns in this name too I showed this to Kyubics and he said It looked like Pillock+Pixie :/ But I like it because this mon does look like quite a Pillock (No offence) :P

:]]]

Last edited:
WIP
Contushion

Contusion(bruise)+cushion
Cont-u-shun
I wanted to be sort of unique with contusion, but I kind of fell back to the common cushion, though I am looking into other second parts.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
WIPs

Waifillow

A combination of "Waifu" + "Pillow".

Pronounced: "why-fee-low"
IPA: waɪfɪloʊ

Pretty much a homage to the dakimakura (hug pillow, which is usually printed with anime characters on them) which is an inspiration of sun's design.

Scufflepuff

A combination of "Scuffle" + "Puff"

Pronounced: "skah-ful-puff"
IPA: skʌfəlpʌf

Scuffle sounds like a good word to imply Play Rough since I imagine it doing just that with its playful appearance. Puff is of course, to describe its soft, puffy pillow body. And by coincidence, it sounds like a certain house in a certain magic-themed novel/movie series

EDIT: o derp for some reason i missed snake_rattler's post and didnt notice that there's another name with scuffle on it

Last edited:
Killow

Actually I was joking around with the German word for pillow ("Kissen") and then I noticed that it could also come from "kill" and "pillow". I think the name is so hilariously over-the-top that it works.

WIP

Concushion

A word combination of "Concussion" and "Cushion". Concussion refers to the Fighting type aspect, and Cushion refers to the pillow aspect.

Pronounced: Cuhn - coosh - un (Just pronounce it like "Cushion" except with added "cuhn" noice on the front)

I'm uncertain of this name and it will most likely change. I like the name a lot, but the word "Concussion" feels more suitable for a Physical attacker than a Special attacker.
This is perfect... I cannot think of anything better if I tried, and I critique puns.

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
WIP(s)

Bolister

A blend of "Bolster" + "Blister"

Pronounced: "bow-LISS-ter"

Hithesack

A shortened version of "Hit the sack," meaning to go to bed. :3

Pronounced: "HITHE (like writhe) -sak"

WIP

Pwummel

This is actually a phonetic pun, using the w to soften the sound of the p, much like how CAP's pillow hands would soften its blows. Pummel is obviously a term used to describe beating on something.

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Pylkrash

From Pyle, in which the term 'Pillow' derives from, and Pankration, which was a sporting event introduced into the Greek Olympic Games in 648 BC and was an empty-hand submission sport with scarcely any rules. Pylkrash also derives from the word 'crash' meaning to slam into something.

Okay, time to give some opinions. Here are the names I like most, in no particular order. I won't talk about my own for obvious reasons:
  1. Pillowch (Birkal). You're going to see a trend in the names I like. They're a bit silly.
  2. Fistifluff (Bughouse). It seems like a natural name. Maybe a bit too physical-oriented. I'm not sure.
  3. Lullabash (erisia). Ouch.
  4. Powllow (Bionic Puppy). I was telling me friend all about CAP and he came up with this name. Then he looked and read other people's name ideas. He probably hates you. Sorry.
  5. Wollip (Cobalt Empoleon). Clever, but not my top.
  6. Concushion (Blackdragon30). Very fitting, I feel like this may win the vote despite the physical basis.
  7. Pwummel (Bramblestein). I like the idea behind it. Not sure it stands out as a name enough though. If you could apply the pun to a more unique name than 'pummel', I think you'd have a good shot.
Now, a couple of general criticisms all around:
  • I think anything to do with waifus, dakimakura and so on should be avoided at all costs. I'm new to CAP, but I believe the objective, after making a competitive Pokemon of course, is to make a believable, realistic Pokemon. And I can't imagine body pillows being referenced by the Western localisation team, even if that is the basis of the design. Of course, I could be wrong.
  • I think all names need to be a little silly. Serious names which only refer to its fighting ability, its magical nature and so on don't really fit in my opinion. The design is intentionally silly and the name should reflect that personality.

I have to say that Deck Knight's Pillowtok is a clever pun, emphasizing Parting Shot over the Fairy/Fighting typing. Punny names make sense on this CAP due to its (sort of) Fidgit-like personality, unlike the dead-serious nature of most CAPmons.

WIP

Nyaneboo

Combination of "Nyan" the jap. onomatopoeia for meow, and "neh boo" which means sticking out tongue in korean.

Pronounced: "nian-nəboo"

Last edited:
WIP

Brawndry

The name comes from "laundry", because that's what the CAP's pillow body will become after a particularly taxing fight, and "brawny", which is meant to emphasize its Fighting typing.

Pronounced: BRAWN-dree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)