CaP 22 Pre-Evo - Part 6 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Let's get a name going for our Adorable little pillow!

Please be patient and please read all the rules before submitting a name, people can be disqualified for silly reasons and I don't want that :(

Rules

Legal name submissions must meet the following standards
  • Names must start with a capital letter.
  • Names cannot be longer than 11 letters.
  • Names can only contain the following characters:
    • Letters A-Z
    • Numbers 1-9
    • Dash (-)
    • Apostrophe (')
    • Period (.)
    • Space
  • No more than two capital letters can be included in the name, and capital letters cannot be consecutive.
  • A maximum of two non-letters can be included in the name, and a maximum of one non-letter of each type can be included (ie. You can't have two numbers, or two apostrophes, but you could have one number and one apostrophe)

Work In Progress (WIP) Names can be posted at any time for comments from the community.

No more than three WIP Names can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread. This limit applies to ALL posts made by a single person, even if previous posts are edited or deleted. This limit is intended to curb the tendency for some submitters to spam the thread repeatedly with lists of Names. This detracts from other submissions and makes it difficult for commenters to survey the submission thread.

Do not bump your WIP names by posting them repeatedly, or making minor spelling changes of a letter or two. Bumping will result in the disqualification of all names by the offender. Editing or deleting bump posts will not prevent disqualification.

Only ONE Final Submission can be made per person and only after Final Submissions are open.

Name Final Submissions can only be posted after a CAP Moderator or Leader posts in the thread that final submissions are open. Any final submission posted prior to the Moderator notification post, will disqualify the submitter from the poll entirely. Even if the offending post is edited later or deleted, the submitter will still be disqualified for the remainder of the thread. This ensures that all submitters have equal opportunity to post final submissions without anyone unfairly "jumping the gun".

Final submissions must provide one sentence (25 words maximum) explaining the etymology of the name.

Final submissions must provide a common English pronunciation. The common pronunciation can be made in whatever format you feel best conveys the pronunciation to most English speakers.

Do not post a profane name. Do not imply profanity with your name. This includes swear words, racial/ethnic/any-group-of-people slurs, and anything that doesn't belong in a game rated E for Everyone. If a six-year-old would be offended by your name, it's time to think of a different name.

Name Final Submissions must be posted exactly in the following format and in the following exact order:
  • The first line of the post must have the words "Final Submission" in bold on its own line. No other text may be included before the bold heading.
  • A blank line
  • The Name submission in bold.
  • A blank line
  • A one line description of the etymology of the name or why it is appropriate for our Pokemon.
  • A blank line
  • "Pronounced: <common English pronunciation>"
Below the Final Submission you can post other comments, explanations, etc.

Example final submission:

Final Submission

Syclant

A combination of "Icicle" + "Ant".

Pronounced: "SICKLE-ant"

This name was originally submitted by Lawman on the very first CAP project. I think it's a great name, even though almost everyone mispronounces it!
If you wish to include IPA in your submission you can underneath.

Any Final Submission that does not follow the proper format will be disqualified.
If you are going to comment on someone elses name, please elaborate on a point when you comment. "I like this name" is not helpful and will be subject to moderation. Give us reasons why you like it and support it. Go forth and name! This thread will be open for 48 hours and then an additional 24 hours for submissions

Our Prevo So Far:
Typing: Fairy
Abilities: Natural Cure / Aroma Veil / Friend Guard
Stats: 74 / 38 / 51 / 65 / 78 / 49 BST 355 - CaP 22 Pre-Evo - Part 4 - Stats Submissions
Movepool: CaP 22 Pre-Evo - Part 5 - Move Pool Submissions
Evolves: Level Up while knowing Play Rough (Level 27)
Artwork:

Last edited:
Final Submission

Fluffight

Fluffle + Fight

I wanted to maintain the same line of Kerfluffle, so I went with something similar, that also resembles the future fighting type he'll evolve into

Pronunciation: Fluff - FIGHT

BTW this is my first CAP submission, I've been following the project for a while and before CAP 23 begins I felt like it'd be interesting to participate on CAP 22 :]

Last edited:

Conni

katharsis
Final Submission

Rabbillow

A combination of Rabbit + Pillow + Blow (if said quickly)
The pre-evolution of Kerfluffle has bunny-like ears, hence the first part of the name being "Rabb" coming from Rabbit, "billow" comes from the fact that Kerfluffle and it's pre-evolution resemble a pillow, or a cushion at best, therefore using the ending of the word: Pillow. If the name "Rabbillow" is said at a faster pace, it can be understood as "Rabbiblow" or something similar; "blow" is used in the terms of a playful blow, or a blow being an attack such as "blah hit blah with quite a powerful blow", this is a reference to it evolving if it learns Play Rough, which is actually known or represented as a playful but also a quite powerful blow, also referencing Kerfluffle's part Fighting-type.

ENG: Ra - BIE - Low

Last edited:
  • Names must start with a capital letter.
  • Names cannot be longer than 10 letters.
  • Names can only contain the following characters:
    • Letters A-Z
    • Numbers 1-9
    • Dash (-)
    • Apostrophe (')
    • Period (.)
    • Space
What about Type: Null?

WIP

Dwarfluffle

A combination of "Dwarf", "Kerfuffle" and "Fluff"

Pronounced: Dwahr-FLUH-fuhl

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DHR-107 said:
Rules

• Names cannot be longer than 10 letters.
If I'm not mistaken, the previous submission threads all had 11 letters as the limit, including that of Kerfluffle's. So, is this a mistake?

Last edited:
WIP

Scufluffle

Combination of scuffle and fluffle.

Pronouned "Scuff-Luf-Full

I figured I'd continue to have a similar theme, kind of like how many prior evolutions have similar names to the final one.

Not sure if I want to go with some alterations of this, feedback would be appreciated. I may or may not change it to be Scuffluff

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
WIP

Flunny

combonation of fluff and bunny

pronunciation [fl@ni]
pretend that @ is a shwa

Last edited:
WIP

Pluffle

Plush and Fluffle mixed together

Pronounced: "Pl-UFF-Full"
Ipa: plʌf(ə)l

It's also a play on the word playful :3

I tried to stick with the fluffle theme as I like the idea of the evolution line having similar names a bit like the Clefable line.

Last edited:
note on your ipa there has to be an unstressed shwa inbetween fl for it to sound like the word full instead of just fl.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Two ideas I scratched up.

Flopsidazy

"Flopsy" + "lazy" + "oopsy-daisy".

Pronounced: "FLOP-sih-day-zee"

Here's my attempt at matching Kerfluffle's name in silliness. :P It's a bunny that has flopped over--oopsy-daisy! Alternatively:

Cushunny

"Cushiony" + "bunny".

Pronounced: "CUH-shuh-nee"

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Fantenna

Fantasy + Antenna, for which bunny ears is a slang term

Pronounced: "fan-TEN-uh"

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
WIP

Snugglow

Kerfussle

A corruption of Kerfuffle with "fuss" thrown in.

Pronounced: "ker-FUSS-ul"

Bedlam

The word "bedlam," meaning a confusion or disorder. I'm kinda riffing off of kerfuffle. That's it.
(Maybe I'll add a B at the end to make it a lamb...?)

Pronounced: "BED-lam"

WIP

Buunap

A corruption of bunny + boon + nap.

Pronunciation: Booh-NAHP

Since it is a pure fairy, I wanted to create a positive connotation as well as referring to its major traits (being a pillow(-> sleep -> nap) and being a rabbit).

Also, are we allowed to submit final submissions yet? I haven't seen a post that specifically says it, but the original post, and the submissions earlier, seem to imply we can.

Last edited:
WIP
Fluffntuff

A play on "rough and tough" and has fluff in it, keeping it in the family

Pronounced: [fluff N tough]

Kinda wanted to allude to the fighting type it gains on evolution, but still keep it silly and cute

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
WIP

Fuzzabout

A combination of "fuzz", "bout" (referencing the fact that it gains a Fighting type once evovled) and the phrase, "what's all the fuss about".

Pronounced: "FUH-zuh-bout"

WIP

Lapin

Lapin is the french for rabbit. Also I may be alone in this but I use pillows on my lap a lot. Still looking for a way to link its to Kerfuffle though

Pronounced "Lap-in"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)