CAP 14 CAP 3 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Wow, the final submissions really are great, bringing the designs to a worthy completion

One comment on Drofla
the plates on the back make it look very much like a rock or ground type, and the backstory of it being a fossil just adds to this.
That's why i actually like the colouring of version one better: the plates aren't as bright and it focuses more on the tar (without the distracting ornamentation).

So i would suggest, you emphasize the tar more and turn the plates into flames coming out of it. That would accentuate the typing a bit more

I really like your design Cyzir, but in all honesty I'm not a fan of the pose you've used in your final submission. I can't quite identify why, but it looked more appealing to me from a more side-on view. Nevertheless, I still think its one of my favourites!

Hey guys its not a voting thread. Comments like that have no place here.

And to all the artists, job freaking well done. I am blown away by the diversity and wealth of ideas I genuinely enjoy. Honestly, I am blown away. Thanks guys.

Final Submission

(didn't change anything, but)

History: Long ago, when [CAP] were only a young pokémon species, it flew over desertic areas, its acute senses allowing it to prey at night, and its thick fur to support sandstorms. However, as it mutated to develop a strong toxin to better deal with bigger preys and predators, the poison reacted with the fire in its blood to form a highly corrosive substance. [CAP]'s body was not able to support the chemical reaction, and the fur on its chest burned down to reveal a charred, sensitive skin. Moreover, the thin membrane of its wings was slowly bitten away by the poison, forcing [CAP] to the ground.

Cursed by its own typing, the Pokémon now crawls on the desert floor, desperately lurking for prey it attracts with its tail and an oasis the soothe the constant, burning pain of its own, searing blood.

Stuff (All minute-made sketches, you have been warned):

Dry Skin
Flamethrower
Overheat
Sludge Bomb
Poison Jab
Thunder
Giga Drain
Earth Power

Also, @MQ, screw it flames SHOOT OUT OF THE WINGS. Yeah it can even fly short distances with that, though it uses up a lot of energy.

Asylum_Rhapsody

Lord of the Fireflies, you don't get to name your own design. Name submission and polling take place later on in the process.

Strange how a lot of people did it before me...

But anyways, I know I don't, in the end, name my pokemon, so consider this as supporting material. I just find so fitting :O

Final Sumbission

Final Submission:

Main Design:

Supporting Material:

Description:
This design is based on a frog who's metamorphosis was stalled between tadpole and frog, due to nuclear contamination. The result is a mutant frog-tadpole combo with three eyes and the ability to project acidic and corrosive substances, as well as fire from, its mouth and pores.

Supporting Artwork:
Toxic: http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/SentretLover/CAPtoxic.jpg
Will-o-Wisp:http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/SentretLover/CAPWillowisp.jpg
Fire-Blast:http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/SentretLover/CAPFireBlast.jpg

Design Process/Final Thoughts
This has been one of the most exciting and nerve-wracking CAP contest I've participated in! When I began, I started with a nuclear waste pokemon. Over the next week or so, the CAP community convinced me that it was a touch too morbid to be a pokemon. So I started thinking what else is fiery and poisonous? My thoughts turned to brightly colored poison dart frogs. I decided to preserve some of the nuclear flavor of my previous attempt by giving the frog three eyes and a nuclear back story.

Never before have I seen so many awesome designs that I would love to see win! Happy CAPing!

I'd like to remind people to make sure not to polljump with naming their designs.

Naming your design is polljumping, it's decided later in the process. People will recieve warnings for polljumping.

This includes naming other peoples' submissions in thread.

Noob here, but I'm pretty sure the poison gas being released out of the tail can't be cut off like that. The whole design has to be completely on the canvas. And I made this account 'cause I've been lurking for a while and I know I'll want to vote for this. :D Good luck everybody.

Noob here, but I'm pretty sure the poison gas being released out of the tail can't be cut off like that. The whole design has to be completely on the canvas. And I made this account 'cause I've been lurking for a while and I know I'll want to vote for this. :D Good luck everybody.
Correct. Hopefully he'll change it, because it looks awesome.

Final Submission

This is a design based on the chemical properties of certain elements. The body is chlorine gas while the claws are alkali metals, like sodium or potassium. As such they are very reactive with the creatures body, creating fires and possibly explosions.

Final Submission
This is a design based on the chemical properties of certain elements. The body is chlorine gas while the claws are alkali metals, like sodium or potassium. As such they are very reactive with the creatures body, creating fires and possibly explosions.
Quark, this is the submission that I wish I had the artistic talent to draw. You and I are going to get along just fine.

The concept fits really well with the typing, but the coloration doesn't work too well (unfortunately, chemical accuracy doesn't cut it). See if you can make a more visible reaction flame effect around the hands to draw more attention to the fire type.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
And so Art draws (get it!) to a close. The Art Poll will be up soon. Thank you to everyone for participating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)